Air Force Claims its Laser Weapon Finally Hit a Missile
Too little too late. After first promoting the idea in the 1980s of a missile defense that could use lasers to stop a deadly attack on the U.S., the military finally actually shot down a test target using a high-energy beam. The only problem is that theDepartment of Defense
’s top man,Robert Gates
, has pretty much given up on the airborne laser program, saying it was too flawed and not worth the resources that could be spent elsewhere.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Co-Chair of the President's Intelligence Advisory Board: Who is Shirley Ann Jackson?
- Managing Director of the Council on Environmental Quality: Who Is Christy Goldfuss?
- Executive Director of the Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships: Who Is Melissa Rogers?
- Principal Deputy Director of the United States Mint: Who Is Rhett Jeppson?
- Coordinator of the Bureau of International Information Programs: Who is Macon Phillips?