Air Force Claims its Laser Weapon Finally Hit a Missile
Too little too late. After first promoting the idea in the 1980s of a missile defense that could use lasers to stop a deadly attack on the U.S., the military finally actually shot down a test target using a high-energy beam. The only problem is that theDepartment of Defense
’s top man,Robert Gates
, has pretty much given up on the airborne laser program, saying it was too flawed and not worth the resources that could be spent elsewhere.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Most Police Shootings Don’t Lead to Prosecution of Police
- Texas Approves Controversial School Textbooks Still Laced with Ideologically-Driven Inaccuracies
- House Bill Would Permit VA Doctors to Use Medical Marijuana as Option for Patients
- Lawsuit Aims at Environmental Impact of U.S. Coal-Leasing Program
- 80 Million Bacteria Are Transferred in a 10-Second Kiss