Air Force Claims its Laser Weapon Finally Hit a Missile
Too little too late. After first promoting the idea in the 1980s of a missile defense that could use lasers to stop a deadly attack on the U.S., the military finally actually shot down a test target using a high-energy beam. The only problem is that theDepartment of Defense
’s top man,Robert Gates
, has pretty much given up on the airborne laser program, saying it was too flawed and not worth the resources that could be spent elsewhere.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- The Third Leading Cause of Death in the U.S. is … Medical Error
- U.S. Government Pays $48 Million to Resettle First American “Climate Change Refugees”
- Wall Street Stock Loan Schemes Take Billions from Taxpayers in Germany and 20 Other Nations
- Widespread Damage Done to Florida’s Treasured Coral Reef by Dredging of Miami Port for Freighters
- Georgia Bill Allowing Guns on Campus Throws Governor into Second Hot-Button Controversy