Air Force Claims its Laser Weapon Finally Hit a Missile
Too little too late. After first promoting the idea in the 1980s of a missile defense that could use lasers to stop a deadly attack on the U.S., the military finally actually shot down a test target using a high-energy beam. The only problem is that theDepartment of Defense
’s top man,Robert Gates
, has pretty much given up on the airborne laser program, saying it was too flawed and not worth the resources that could be spent elsewhere.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Texas Federal Judge Blocks Protections for Transgender Students
- Virginia Governor Again Restores Voting Rights to Felons
- Republican Senator Says College Professors Could Be Replaced by Videos
- Climate Change Will Exacerbate Smog Problem in Southeastern U.S.
- Native American Tribes Protest Pipeline Construction