Air Force Claims its Laser Weapon Finally Hit a Missile
Too little too late. After first promoting the idea in the 1980s of a missile defense that could use lasers to stop a deadly attack on the U.S., the military finally actually shot down a test target using a high-energy beam. The only problem is that theDepartment of Defense
’s top man,Robert Gates
, has pretty much given up on the airborne laser program, saying it was too flawed and not worth the resources that could be spent elsewhere.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- European Court Cites Privacy Concerns in Blocking Transatlantic Online Data Flow
- Valeant Leads Big Pharma Trend of Skyrocketing Drug Prices
- Virginia Republicans Argue Gerrymandered Districts Should Stay because they are Pro-Republican rather than Racially-Motivated
- Minorities and Unemployed Wait the Longest and Travel the Farthest for Health Care
- Least Satisfied Federal Workers? African Development Foundation and Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board