U.S. Still Training Honduras Military after Military Coup
Despite President Barack Obama’s denunciations of last month’s coup in Honduras and promises to cut ties with its military, the U.S. government is still training Honduran officers at the controversial Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation, aka the School of the Americas (SOA).
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- President-CEO of the Inter-American Foundation: Who Is Robert Kaplan?
- Executive Director of the U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness: Who Is Matthew Doherty?
- Co-Chair of the President's Intelligence Advisory Board: Who is Shirley Ann Jackson?
- Managing Director of the Council on Environmental Quality: Who Is Christy Goldfuss?
- Executive Director of the Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships: Who Is Melissa Rogers?