Pentagon Forgot Remote U.S. Base on Iraq-Iran Border
For the American soldiers manning Joint Security Station Wahab, Iraq, near the border with Iran, life has been a mix of espionage and being forgotten. The soldiers guarding the remote outpost, all from the 4th Brigade of the Army’s 1st Armored Division out of Fort Bliss, Texas, endured the annoyance of not having any portable toilets for a while because the Department of Defense cancelled the contract for Wahab station. Apparently, some official forgot the troops were still out there, forcing the men to use disposable waste bags until new toilets arrived.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Government Asks Judge to Toss NSA Surveillance Lawsuits
- Flint Official Warned Against Water Switch
- Federal Elections Official Sued Over Voter Registration Restrictions
- Utah Taking Legal Action Against EPA Over Mine Waste Spill
- Bacteria Found in Home Change With Urbanization