Pentagon Forgot Remote U.S. Base on Iraq-Iran Border
For the American soldiers manning Joint Security Station Wahab, Iraq, near the border with Iran, life has been a mix of espionage and being forgotten. The soldiers guarding the remote outpost, all from the 4th Brigade of the Army’s 1st Armored Division out of Fort Bliss, Texas, endured the annoyance of not having any portable toilets for a while because the Department of Defense cancelled the contract for Wahab station. Apparently, some official forgot the troops were still out there, forcing the men to use disposable waste bags until new toilets arrived.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- 3 Republican-Appointed Federal Appeals Judges Overturn Blocking of NSA Mass Telephone Spying
- George W. Bush-Appointed Judge Halts Implementation of Rule Protecting Streams and Wetlands
- Federal Judge Orders Army Corps of Engineers to Pay $3 Billion for Long-Delayed Restoration of Mississippi Channel that Contributed to Katrina Damage
- Cat Food Buyers Sue Nestlé over Possible Use of Slave Labor to Produce Fancy Feast
- Judge Orders CIA to Release Information about Killing of Pablo Escobar…11 Years after Initial Request