Judge Blasts Bureau of Land Management for Using Email Error as Excuse to Ignore Evidence in Wild Horse Killing Case
Although big firm “corporate lawyers” have a well-deserved reputation for sharp dealing and exploiting technicalities, attorneys working for the government are equally willing to hide behind picayune loopholes when it benefits their client. A case in point arose last week in the latest battle in an ongoing war between horse lovers and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) over its plans to reduce the numbers of wild horses roaming the West.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Phone Routing Firm Recruits Ex-Homeland Chief to Sound Alarm on U.S. Security in Bid to Hold Onto Federal Contract
- Virginia Files Billion-Dollar Mortgage Fraud Lawsuit against Major Banks
- Secret Service, in 2011, Was Unaware of Shots Fired at White House until Housekeeper Found Clues 4 Days Later
- Navajos Gain Largest Native American Settlement with U.S. Government over Mismanagement of Natural Resources
- Looking for Revenue, Postal Service Proposes Delivering Groceries in the Early Morning