Judge Blasts Bureau of Land Management for Using Email Error as Excuse to Ignore Evidence in Wild Horse Killing Case
Although big firm “corporate lawyers” have a well-deserved reputation for sharp dealing and exploiting technicalities, attorneys working for the government are equally willing to hide behind picayune loopholes when it benefits their client. A case in point arose last week in the latest battle in an ongoing war between horse lovers and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) over its plans to reduce the numbers of wild horses roaming the West.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Lawsuits Accuse Major Employers of Squeezing Extra Dollars out of Low-Wage Workers
- Temp Workers at Record High; Earn $3.44 an Hour less than Other Workers
- Outsourcing Probation Puts the Costs on the Poor
- California Legislature First State to Ban Disposable Plastic Bags
- Florida Mayor Ejects Atheist from Public Meeting for Refusing to Stand during Pledge of Allegiance