Judge Blasts Bureau of Land Management for Using Email Error as Excuse to Ignore Evidence in Wild Horse Killing Case
Although big firm “corporate lawyers” have a well-deserved reputation for sharp dealing and exploiting technicalities, attorneys working for the government are equally willing to hide behind picayune loopholes when it benefits their client. A case in point arose last week in the latest battle in an ongoing war between horse lovers and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) over its plans to reduce the numbers of wild horses roaming the West.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- National Archives’ Refusal to Ensure Preservation of CIA Torture Report Alarms Rights Groups
- 7 of 10 Most Profitable U.S. Hospitals are Non-Profits
- Police in U.S. Increasingly Oppose States’ Expanded Gun Rights
- New Federal Wind-Energy Rule Would Allow Killing of Thousands of Federally-Protected Eagles
- Congress Pushes Agriculture Dept. To Exempt Ag Industry from Public Scrutiny over Promo Campaigns