Judge Blasts Bureau of Land Management for Using Email Error as Excuse to Ignore Evidence in Wild Horse Killing Case
Although big firm “corporate lawyers” have a well-deserved reputation for sharp dealing and exploiting technicalities, attorneys working for the government are equally willing to hide behind picayune loopholes when it benefits their client. A case in point arose last week in the latest battle in an ongoing war between horse lovers and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) over its plans to reduce the numbers of wild horses roaming the West.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Half of All American Adults are in a Police Facial Recognition Database
- Justice Dept. to Dispatch Fewer Election Observers Due to Supreme Court Gutting of Voting Rights Act
- Claims of Falsified Patient Wait Lists at Colorado V.A. to Be Investigated by Federal Government
- Americans Backing Marijuana Legalization Hits 60% Record High
- St. Louis Medical School Ends Controversial Use of Sedated Cats in Neonatal Training