Iranian Journalist Sues Nokia and Siemens for Helping Iranian Dictators Spy
Journalist Isa Saharkhiz of Iran is suing Nokia and Siemens in U.S. federal court claiming the European companies facilitated his capture and torture at the hands of the Iranian government. Saharkhiz, a one-time reporter for the Islamic Republic News Agency and founding member of the Society for the Defense of Freedom of the Press, was thrown into prison and subjected to abuse, he says, which included serving 80 days in solitary confinement and having his ribs broken.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Republican Dissent Killed Controversial House Abortion Bill, but Clones Emerge in State Legislatures
- Chemical Industry and Republican Lawmakers Succeed in Stalling EPA Chemical Regulation Process
- Will Secret Donors Dominate the Upcoming Election Season?
- Poorest Patients Sued by Some Non-Profit Hospitals
- Louisiana Fishing Industry Battles Big Oil over Coastline Erosion