Iranian Journalist Sues Nokia and Siemens for Helping Iranian Dictators Spy
Journalist Isa Saharkhiz of Iran is suing Nokia and Siemens in U.S. federal court claiming the European companies facilitated his capture and torture at the hands of the Iranian government. Saharkhiz, a one-time reporter for the Islamic Republic News Agency and founding member of the Society for the Defense of Freedom of the Press, was thrown into prison and subjected to abuse, he says, which included serving 80 days in solitary confinement and having his ribs broken.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Fighting Drug Take-Back Program, Big Pharma Says Dump Your Meds in the Trash
- Poland Accused in Europe Human Rights Court of Aiding CIA Kidnapping and Torture
- For the First Time in 40 Years, Most Americans Believe U.S. Declining as Global Power
- Dallas Police Now Forced to Wait 3 Days before Recounting Shooting Incidents
- U.N. Launches its First Drone, Joining U.S.-Led Proliferation across 70 Nations