Iranian Journalist Sues Nokia and Siemens for Helping Iranian Dictators Spy
Journalist Isa Saharkhiz of Iran is suing Nokia and Siemens in U.S. federal court claiming the European companies facilitated his capture and torture at the hands of the Iranian government. Saharkhiz, a one-time reporter for the Islamic Republic News Agency and founding member of the Society for the Defense of Freedom of the Press, was thrown into prison and subjected to abuse, he says, which included serving 80 days in solitary confinement and having his ribs broken.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- States Slowly Move to Ban Microbeads from Soaps and Facial Cleansers
- IRS Audit Rate Dropping Lower and Lower
- What Does the FBI do with its Drones?
- Assistant Secretary for Postsecondary Education: Who Is Ericka Miller?
- Chief Executive Officer of the Millennium Challenge Corporation: Who is Dana Hyde?