Iranian Journalist Sues Nokia and Siemens for Helping Iranian Dictators Spy
Journalist Isa Saharkhiz of Iran is suing Nokia and Siemens in U.S. federal court claiming the European companies facilitated his capture and torture at the hands of the Iranian government. Saharkhiz, a one-time reporter for the Islamic Republic News Agency and founding member of the Society for the Defense of Freedom of the Press, was thrown into prison and subjected to abuse, he says, which included serving 80 days in solitary confinement and having his ribs broken.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Consumer Reports Testing Finds All Beef Shows Signs of Fecal Contamination
- U.S. Spy Agencies Agree to Warn Possible Victims of Attacks and Kidnapping
- Only 3 of 116 Remaining Guantánamo Prisoners were Captured by Americans…and 52 Have Already been Cleared for Release
- Mississippi and Idaho only States without Laws Forbidding Unwanted Sexual Touching
- Improved Economy Leads to more Gridlock as D.C. Passes Los Angeles for Worst Traffic