China Prepares for Ice-Free Arctic
As the Arctic heats up, so does international interest in the previously inaccessible region. A lack of territory adjacent to the Arctic Ocean has not stopped China from preparing for the day when ships will be able to sail through the once-frozen sea in coming years. Just as the United States, Canada, Denmark and Russia have done, China’s government is formulating new policies and strategies to take advantage of an ice-free Arctic during the summertime.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Arizona Voter ID Law Overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court
- Faces of 120 Million People in State Driver’s License Databases Accessed for Criminal Investigations
- FTC Allowed to Stop Brand Drug Firms from Paying Competitors to Keep Generics off Market
- Majority of Americans Disapprove of NSA Surveillance Operations
- U.S. and Britain Eavesdropped on World Leaders at 2009 Summits