Will Puerto Rico Become the 51st State?
The United States has controlled Puerto Rico for 110 years, yet American lawmakers have never bothered to ask Puerto Ricans what they want to do about their future. But a bill currently in Congress would do just that, by conducting a two-part referendum on the island to help determine if it should become the 51st state.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- More Problems for the Trillion-Dollar F-35: It’s not Good at Close Combat
- ACLU Sues California County where Each Public Defender Forced to Handle 700 Cases a Year
- The U.S. Dentist who Lured a Famous Lion out of its Sanctuary and Killed Him
- Justice Dept. Refuses to Release---or even Talk About—Secret 12-Year-Old Memo on Cybersecurity
- DeKalb County, Georgia Accused of Raising Money by Prosecuting Violations Outside its Jurisdiction