Will Puerto Rico Become the 51st State?
The United States has controlled Puerto Rico for 110 years, yet American lawmakers have never bothered to ask Puerto Ricans what they want to do about their future. But a bill currently in Congress would do just that, by conducting a two-part referendum on the island to help determine if it should become the 51st state.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Republican Senate’s First 100 Days: 59 Votes on Energy and Environment; No Laws Signed
- Is it Really a Good Idea to put one Gas Pipeline near an Old Nuclear Power Plant and another Next to a Major Art Museum?
- 85% of Midwest Facilities Storing 9 Toxic Chemicals have no Public Risk Management Plan
- With Domestic Oil Production at 27-Year High and Increased Rail Shipments, Rail Accidents are Actually Declining in Frequency
- Tennessee Groups Sue TVA over Dumping of Toxic Waste in Unlined Ash Ponds