Will Puerto Rico Become the 51st State?
The United States has controlled Puerto Rico for 110 years, yet American lawmakers have never bothered to ask Puerto Ricans what they want to do about their future. But a bill currently in Congress would do just that, by conducting a two-part referendum on the island to help determine if it should become the 51st state.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Guarantee of High Ratings Draws TV Networks toward Media-Hungry Trump over Media-Finicky Clinton
- Murder Charges Filed Against U.S. Officials by Family of Innocent Pakistani Man Killed in U.S. Drone Strike
- Corpses Found in New York Mass Graves Raises Questions about Nation’s Body Donation Operations
- Appointing More Women to Corporate Boards Results in Higher CEO Salaries
- Tanzania’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Wilson Masilingi?