Will Puerto Rico Become the 51st State?
The United States has controlled Puerto Rico for 110 years, yet American lawmakers have never bothered to ask Puerto Ricans what they want to do about their future. But a bill currently in Congress would do just that, by conducting a two-part referendum on the island to help determine if it should become the 51st state.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. Abortion Rights Reaffirmed as Supreme Court Calls Texas Clinic Closings Illegal
- Lawsuit against U.S. Health Agency Alleges Religious Charities it Funds Deny Health Options to Raped Refugee Girls
- Should Prices of Low-Cost Vaccines Be Raised to Prevent Shortages?
- Judge Behind Louisiana “Debtor’s Prison” Agrees to 75-Day Break from Harsh Rulings against Poor Defendants
- Syrian Refugee Welcomed to Germany Finds $166,000 in Cupboard and Turns it in to Police