Will Puerto Rico Become the 51st State?
The United States has controlled Puerto Rico for 110 years, yet American lawmakers have never bothered to ask Puerto Ricans what they want to do about their future. But a bill currently in Congress would do just that, by conducting a two-part referendum on the island to help determine if it should become the 51st state.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. and U.K. Accused of Impeding Progress on U.N. “Killer Robot” Ban
- Closing of Rural Hospitals across U.S. Upends Communities
- U.S. Needs to Learn from Europeans…About Hurricane Forecasting
- Democrats Beat Republicans in Landslide … When Rating Their Supporters’ Grammar Skills
- U.S. Ambassador to Serbia: Who Is Kyle Scott?