Will Puerto Rico Become the 51st State?
The United States has controlled Puerto Rico for 110 years, yet American lawmakers have never bothered to ask Puerto Ricans what they want to do about their future. But a bill currently in Congress would do just that, by conducting a two-part referendum on the island to help determine if it should become the 51st state.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- $40 Billion Worth of Contracts for Guns and Ammunition Issued by Pentagon since 9/11
- N. Carolina Republicans Accused of Filing Election Rules that Suppress Black Vote as Overturned Election Law Did
- 23% of Plants Sold at U.S. Retail Outlets are treated with Pesticides that Kill Bees
- Heart Implant Devices Can Be Hacked to Steal Data or Harm Patients, Claims Lawsuit
- Arizona County’s Plan to Destroy Primary Electronic Voting Records Challenged in Court