Will Puerto Rico Become the 51st State?
The United States has controlled Puerto Rico for 110 years, yet American lawmakers have never bothered to ask Puerto Ricans what they want to do about their future. But a bill currently in Congress would do just that, by conducting a two-part referendum on the island to help determine if it should become the 51st state.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. Halts Dismantling of Old Nuclear Weapons, Seeing Potential Use Against Killer Asteroids Headed for Earth
- On Eve of Early Voting Launch in Ohio, U.S. Supreme Court Imposes Limits Sought by Republicans
- Yet another Way to Put Obama in Danger: Let Him Ride in an Elevator with an Armed Convict
- California College Student Sexual Consent Law, the Nation’s First, Elicits Mixed Response
- West Virginia Plans to Solve Money Woes by Allowing Fracking under Ohio River