Will Puerto Rico Become the 51st State?
The United States has controlled Puerto Rico for 110 years, yet American lawmakers have never bothered to ask Puerto Ricans what they want to do about their future. But a bill currently in Congress would do just that, by conducting a two-part referendum on the island to help determine if it should become the 51st state.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Will John Legend Speak out against Bahrain’s Brutal Dictatorship when he Performs There?
- Study Links Unregulated, Ultrafine Pollution Particles to Heart Disease Deaths
- Average U.S. Payment for Killing an Innocent Person in Afghanistan: $3,426
- European Court Rules War Resister must Prove His Service Would Include War Crimes in Iraq to Qualify for Refugee Status
- Evicted to Make Way for a U.S. Military Base almost 50 Years Ago, Chagos Islanders May Finally Return Home