Will Puerto Rico Become the 51st State?
The United States has controlled Puerto Rico for 110 years, yet American lawmakers have never bothered to ask Puerto Ricans what they want to do about their future. But a bill currently in Congress would do just that, by conducting a two-part referendum on the island to help determine if it should become the 51st state.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Smartphone Users Tracked by Apps an Average of every Three Minutes
- Through Medicare, Taxpayers Spent $4.5 Billion Last Year on New Hepatitis C Drugs…but they Work
- Citizens’ Growing Protests against Border Patrol Checkpoints Inside the U.S.
- Alabama Judges Override Juries and Order Death Sentences…if There’s an Election Coming Up
- All-Time Highest Temperature Recorded in Antarctica