Sex Strike in Kenya
Kenya is once again poised on the brink of political violence between factions, prompting one leading female attorney to propose a novel solution for resolving the crisis: Don’t sleep with your husband. Taking a page from the ancient Greek play, Lysistrada, by Aristophanes, Patricia Nyaundi, executive director of the Federation of Women Lawyers, has called for a week-long sex strike to convince the nation’s two leading politicians, President Mwai Kibaki and Prime Minister Raila Odinga, to work out their differences and avoid another outbreak of factional fighting, like the one that killed 1,500 Kenyans following the 2007 elections.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Hedge Funds do not Make Good Landlords
- Nuclear Waste Company Received $1.9 Million Performance Bonus…5 Days after Underground Fire Shut Facility
- Corporate Tax Evasion Strategy Debated in Senate
- U.S. Pork Producers Keep Using Drug Banned or Restricted in 160 Countries
- If You Ask for a Public Defender in One Texas County, You Get a Sheriff’s Detective Instead