Sex Strike in Kenya
Kenya is once again poised on the brink of political violence between factions, prompting one leading female attorney to propose a novel solution for resolving the crisis: Don’t sleep with your husband. Taking a page from the ancient Greek play, Lysistrada, by Aristophanes, Patricia Nyaundi, executive director of the Federation of Women Lawyers, has called for a week-long sex strike to convince the nation’s two leading politicians, President Mwai Kibaki and Prime Minister Raila Odinga, to work out their differences and avoid another outbreak of factional fighting, like the one that killed 1,500 Kenyans following the 2007 elections.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Federal Reserve Gives Yet another Gift to Big Banks
- Oklahoma and Nebraska Sue Colorado for Legalizing Marijuana
- CIA Decides that the CIA Hacking into Members of Congress is not a Punishable Offense
- Executions in U.S. Drop to 20-Year Low
- Ambassador to the United States from Paraguay: Who Is Igor Pangrazio?