Sex Strike in Kenya
Kenya is once again poised on the brink of political violence between factions, prompting one leading female attorney to propose a novel solution for resolving the crisis: Don’t sleep with your husband. Taking a page from the ancient Greek play, Lysistrada, by Aristophanes, Patricia Nyaundi, executive director of the Federation of Women Lawyers, has called for a week-long sex strike to convince the nation’s two leading politicians, President Mwai Kibaki and Prime Minister Raila Odinga, to work out their differences and avoid another outbreak of factional fighting, like the one that killed 1,500 Kenyans following the 2007 elections.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Government Asks Judge to Toss NSA Surveillance Lawsuits
- Flint Official Warned Against Water Switch
- Federal Elections Official Sued Over Voter Registration Restrictions
- Utah Taking Legal Action Against EPA Over Mine Waste Spill
- Bacteria Found in Home Change With Urbanization