Sex Strike in Kenya
Kenya is once again poised on the brink of political violence between factions, prompting one leading female attorney to propose a novel solution for resolving the crisis: Don’t sleep with your husband. Taking a page from the ancient Greek play, Lysistrada, by Aristophanes, Patricia Nyaundi, executive director of the Federation of Women Lawyers, has called for a week-long sex strike to convince the nation’s two leading politicians, President Mwai Kibaki and Prime Minister Raila Odinga, to work out their differences and avoid another outbreak of factional fighting, like the one that killed 1,500 Kenyans following the 2007 elections.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Brain-Eating Amoeba Found in Louisiana Drinking Water
- Justice Dept. Sues Minnesota Village over Refusal to Allow Islamic Center
- India’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Subrahmanyam Jaishankar?
- Pakistan’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Jalil Abbas Jilani?
- More than 1 Million U.S. Children Live in Households with Income of Less than $2 a Day per Person…Including Public Assistance