Obama’s Biggest Fan of His Drone Assassination Policy: Dick Cheney
There isn’t much to like about President Barack Obama’s foreign policy, says Dick Cheney, except for when it comes to killing terrorists with drones.
In an interview with CBS, the former vice president said that Obama’s drone program was the only part of Obama’s overseas strategy that he agrees with. Cheney went so far as to say it was a “good policy.”
“I think it’s a good program and I don’t disagree with the basic policy that the Obama administration is pursuing now in those regards,” Cheney told Charlie Rose.
Beyond that, Cheney dislikes Obama’s plans for defense spending (too many cuts) and his choice for secretary of defense (former senator Chuck Hagel).
To Learn More:
How Much Does Dick Cheney Like Obama's Drone Policy, Really? (by J.K. Trotter, Atlantic Wire)
Cheney: Obama Wants to do ‘Serious Damage to our Military’ but Drones are Cool (by David Edwards, Raw Story)
Obama’s Secret Assassination Program (by David Wallechinsky and Noel Brinkerhoff, AllGov)
Obama Justice Department Sides with Cheney in Valerie Plame Case (by Noel Brinkerhoff, AllGov)
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- First Medical Marijuana Ad Appears on Mainstream TV
- Coal Company to Pay Largest Ever Penalty for Violating Clean Water Act
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Okays Upskirt Photographing
- Crosses on Government Property Stir Controversy
- Video Shows L.A. Gang Members Fighting for Pro-Assad Forces in Syria