Obama Press Secretary Didn’t Have Answer 1,905 Times in 16 Months
Jay Carney is the artful dodger of the Obama White House. As press secretary, Carney regularly meets with reporters to answer their questions.
Some of the time.
A lot of the time, Carney says he can’t answer the media’s question on an issue. Since taking the job in early 2011, the former Time reporter had conducted 444 briefings through June 18.
During that span Carney used some variation of "I don’t have the answer” a total of 1,905 times, according to Yahoo! News.
He’s also adept at referring questions to another spokesman in the administration, informing the White House press corps at least 1,383 times to contact a particular agency or department for the information they’re seeking.
Carney is not fond of hypotheticals, either. He’s said no 525 times to reporters asking him to speak hypothetically about a matter.
To Learn More:
The Top 9,486 Ways Jay Carney Won’t Answer Your Questions (Interactive) (by Rachel Rose Hartman and Chris Wilson, Yahoo! News)
White House Press Secretary Hasn't Known the Answer 1,905 Times (by J.K. Trotter, Atlantic Wire)
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Becoming World’s Biggest Tobacco Company is Goal of British Firm’s $47-Billion Plan to Enter U.S. E-Cigarette Market
- Protests Erupt Over Naming of Sexy U.S. Comic Book Character as U.N. Ambassador for Female Empowerment
- Terrorism Threat Outweighs Privacy, Argue Foreign Prosecutors in Plea for Global Tech Access
- U.S. Ambassador to Cuba: Who Is Jeffrey DeLaurentis?