Largest Seizure of Illegal Cigarettes in History
Law enforcement officials in Mississippi seized the largest quantity of black market cigarettes in U.S. history last month. Totaling 200 million cigarettes, and valued at $20 million, the bust represented three times the value of all cigarettes seized by customs officials in the United States in 2008, and more than 10 times the value of all customs seizures so far this year.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Is This the Most Corrupt Town in the U.S.?
- Duke Energy CEO Wants Customers to Pay for Pollution Pond Cleanups
- Italians Object to U.S. Rifle Ad Using Michelangelo’s David
- Consumer Finance Bureau Accused of Giving Higher Rankings to White Employees
- As College Grads Drop Down the Job Market, Non-Grads are Bumped Off