Largest Seizure of Illegal Cigarettes in History
Law enforcement officials in Mississippi seized the largest quantity of black market cigarettes in U.S. history last month. Totaling 200 million cigarettes, and valued at $20 million, the bust represented three times the value of all cigarettes seized by customs officials in the United States in 2008, and more than 10 times the value of all customs seizures so far this year.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Federal Judge Approves Class Action Case against Ford and IBM for Helping South African Apartheid
- Domestic Violence Rate Plunges
- Two Prisoners in Mississippi County Still Awaiting Trial after 6 and 7 Years
- Director of the Bureau of Land Management: Who Is Neil Kornze?
- Director of the U.S. Geological Survey: Who Is Suzette Kimball?