Largest Seizure of Illegal Cigarettes in History
Law enforcement officials in Mississippi seized the largest quantity of black market cigarettes in U.S. history last month. Totaling 200 million cigarettes, and valued at $20 million, the bust represented three times the value of all cigarettes seized by customs officials in the United States in 2008, and more than 10 times the value of all customs seizures so far this year.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- 17 Million-Dollar Donors to Clinton Foundation while Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State
- Outside Agitators and Violence in Baltimore: 70% of Baltimore Police Don’t Live in Baltimore
- Saudi Military Kills Civilians Using Widely Banned U.S.-Supplied Cluster Bombs
- What Do We Know about the Torture Photos Obama Refuses to Release?
- House of Representatives Votes to Overrule a D.C. Law for First Time in 24 Years (Hint: It’s about Contraception and Abortion)