Largest Seizure of Illegal Cigarettes in History
Law enforcement officials in Mississippi seized the largest quantity of black market cigarettes in U.S. history last month. Totaling 200 million cigarettes, and valued at $20 million, the bust represented three times the value of all cigarettes seized by customs officials in the United States in 2008, and more than 10 times the value of all customs seizures so far this year.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Federal Judge Blasts Obama Administration for Refusing to Release Detained Children and Mothers despite 1997 Court Settlement
- Pet Food Sold in U.S. is Produced by Slave Labor in Thailand
- Fracking Billionaires Give Record-Setting Donation to Ted Cruz
- Senate Pulls a Fast One on Banks by Trying to Eliminate 102-Year-Old Freebie
- Loneliness and Too Much TV are Bad for the Brains of the Elderly