Largest Seizure of Illegal Cigarettes in History
Law enforcement officials in Mississippi seized the largest quantity of black market cigarettes in U.S. history last month. Totaling 200 million cigarettes, and valued at $20 million, the bust represented three times the value of all cigarettes seized by customs officials in the United States in 2008, and more than 10 times the value of all customs seizures so far this year.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Debtors’ Prisons may be Illegal, but they still Exist in Texas and Washington
- Political Candidates’ Ignorance of Science is a Turn-Off to Most U.S. Voters
- Female Vets 6 Times more likely to Commit Suicide than Non-Vets
- Ohio Attorney General Warns Toledo Could become Drug Cartel Center Due to Marijuana-Friendly Law Passed by Voters
- Poor People More Likely to Die in Auto Accidents