Largest Seizure of Illegal Cigarettes in History
Law enforcement officials in Mississippi seized the largest quantity of black market cigarettes in U.S. history last month. Totaling 200 million cigarettes, and valued at $20 million, the bust represented three times the value of all cigarettes seized by customs officials in the United States in 2008, and more than 10 times the value of all customs seizures so far this year.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Trump Choice for Labor Chief is Outspoken Critic of Worker Protections, Minimum Wage Increases
- Mass Deportations Damage U.S. Housing Market by Exacerbating Foreclosures
- Trump’s Cyberbullying of Union Boss Called “Dark and Disturbing” Assault on Right to Dissent
- Direct Link Seen Between Crime Rate and Interest Rates in U.S.
- Many Smartphone Health Apps Fail to Warn Users of Danger