Largest Seizure of Illegal Cigarettes in History
Law enforcement officials in Mississippi seized the largest quantity of black market cigarettes in U.S. history last month. Totaling 200 million cigarettes, and valued at $20 million, the bust represented three times the value of all cigarettes seized by customs officials in the United States in 2008, and more than 10 times the value of all customs seizures so far this year.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Is it Time to Eliminate the National Technical Information Service?
- Largest Car Title Loan Company Avoids Interest-Rate Limits by Charging “Fees”
- Manhunt for Fugitive Tuberculosis Patient
- U.S. Ambassador to South Korea: Who Is Mark Lippert?
- U.S. Ambassador to Egypt: Who Is Stephen Beecroft?