Largest Seizure of Illegal Cigarettes in History
Law enforcement officials in Mississippi seized the largest quantity of black market cigarettes in U.S. history last month. Totaling 200 million cigarettes, and valued at $20 million, the bust represented three times the value of all cigarettes seized by customs officials in the United States in 2008, and more than 10 times the value of all customs seizures so far this year.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- NSA Can Track Every Cell Phone in the World, Collects 5 Billion Records per Day
- U.S. Power Grid Unprepared for Renewable Energy
- U.S. Schools Reversing Get-Tough “Zero Tolerance” Policy
- New Drug Safety Regulations Signed into Law…but They’ll Take 10 Years to Implement
- Young Portland Girl Stopped from Selling Mistletoe but told that Begging is All Right