Largest Seizure of Illegal Cigarettes in History
Law enforcement officials in Mississippi seized the largest quantity of black market cigarettes in U.S. history last month. Totaling 200 million cigarettes, and valued at $20 million, the bust represented three times the value of all cigarettes seized by customs officials in the United States in 2008, and more than 10 times the value of all customs seizures so far this year.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Nation’s First Academic Chair for Study of Atheism Established at Miami University
- Racist Portrayal of Mexican-Americans Seen in Text of Proposed Texas School Book
- Americans, Age 18-34, More Likely to Live with Parents than Romantic Partners
- Thousands of Inmates Held in Federal Prisons Longer than Sentencing Period
- High Unemployment Rate and Low Pay for U.S. Military Spouses