Great Year for Botanists…292 Species Discovered
While much of this year brought grim news about economic retraction and job loss for most of the world, botanists enjoyed a banner year. The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, in the United Kingdom proudly announced on Tuesday that nearly 300 new plant species were uncovered across the planet in 2009, surpassing the yearly average of 200.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Neighbors Sue Photographer in “Rear Window” Case
- Appeals Court Rules Government Cannot Deny Visa on “Terrorism” Grounds without a Stated Reason
- Director of the National Reconnaissance Office: Who Is Betty Sapp?
- Chemical Safety Board Accuses ATF of Interfering with Probe of Texas Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- U.S. Energy Grid under Attack