Detroit Settles Perfume Allergy Case for $100,000
Susan McBride, a civil servant in Detroit, won a $100,000 settlement from the city after officials failed to accommodate her allergy to perfume. McBride complained to superiors about a coworker’s perfume, claiming the smell made it difficult for her to breath. When managers did nothing to address the situation, McBride sued under the Americans with Disabilities Act and won.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- 64,613 Software Engineers Join Class Action Hiring Conspiracy Lawsuit against Apple, Google, Intel and Adobe
- Highway Upkeep Trust Fund Nears Bankruptcy
- Frackers Get Set to Cross the Border into Mexico
- New FDA Food Safety Regulation may Drive up the Cost of Beer
- Onondaga Tribe Appeals to Human Rights Court