Detroit Settles Perfume Allergy Case for $100,000
Susan McBride, a civil servant in Detroit, won a $100,000 settlement from the city after officials failed to accommodate her allergy to perfume. McBride complained to superiors about a coworker’s perfume, claiming the smell made it difficult for her to breath. When managers did nothing to address the situation, McBride sued under the Americans with Disabilities Act and won.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Like the Introduction of Cable TV, Social Media Cuts off People from Those with Opposing Ideas
- Shipping of North Dakota Oil Puts a Hold on Grain Distribution
- Troubles in the Blood Industry
- States with Medical Marijuana have Lower Rate of Drug Overdoses
- Latest in 3-D Printing: High-Quality Skeleton Keys