Detroit Settles Perfume Allergy Case for $100,000
Susan McBride, a civil servant in Detroit, won a $100,000 settlement from the city after officials failed to accommodate her allergy to perfume. McBride complained to superiors about a coworker’s perfume, claiming the smell made it difficult for her to breath. When managers did nothing to address the situation, McBride sued under the Americans with Disabilities Act and won.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- European Court Cites Privacy Concerns in Blocking Transatlantic Online Data Flow
- Valeant Leads Big Pharma Trend of Skyrocketing Drug Prices
- Virginia Republicans Argue Gerrymandered Districts Should Stay because they are Pro-Republican rather than Racially-Motivated
- Minorities and Unemployed Wait the Longest and Travel the Farthest for Health Care
- Least Satisfied Federal Workers? African Development Foundation and Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board