Congress Less Popular than Toenail Fungus and Zombies, but more Popular than Miley Cyrus and Ebola Virus
Despite the shuttered state of Washington, DC, in the wake of congressional gridlock, Congress is not the most unpopular institution or thing Americans can think of.
But it’s pretty darn close, particularly when rotting, brain-eating corpses out-poll the nation’s most important legislative body.
Eighty-six percent disapprove.
At this level of public disgust, there are a lot of things out there that Americans will choose over Congress. These include:
- Hemorrhoids (which poll 22% over Congress)
- Potholes (+11% above Congress)
- Dog shit (+7%)
- Zombies (+6%)
- Toenail fungus (+3%)
- Cockroaches (+2%)
Stacked up against other government institutions, Congress loses against the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) by a wide margin (58%/24%) and to serving jury duty (73%/18%).
It even loses out to the Internal Revenue Service (42%/33%), although that’s because Democrats really prefer the latter (59%/23%). Republicans will still take Congress, 48% to 25%, over the IRS.
Now, there are winnable matchups for lawmakers. Americans dislike Miley Cyrus more, 46% to 31%, as well as the Ebola virus (47%/28%), Syria (51%/22%), Vladimir Putin (49%/28%) and heroin (53%/24%), among others.
To Learn More:
Congress Losing Out to Zombies, Wall Street, and...Hipsters (Public Policy Polling)
Americans Like Witches, the IRS, and Even Hemorrhoids Better than Congress (Public Policy Polling) (pdf)
Congress Less Popular than Cockroaches, Root Canals and Used Car Salesmen (by Noel Brinkerhoff, AllGov)
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Illegal to Talk about Yellow Traffic Lights in Oregon
- Commissioner of the Bureau of the Fiscal Service: Who Is Sheryl Morrow?
- Trump at 100 Days: What the Polls Say
- Co-Chair of the Appalachian Regional Commission: Who Is Tom Wolf?
- Vice Chair of the United States-China Economic and Security Review Commission: Who Is Dennis Shea?