Comic Party Wins Iceland Election; Promises Disneyland at Airport, Transparent Corruption
Running on a platform described as “anarcho-surrealism,” Iceland’s Best Party (Besti Flokkurinn) is no longer just a big joke. The six-month-old party led by one of the nation’s best-known comedians, Jón Gnarr, won a stunning victory in the capital city of Reykjavik’s local elections, securing the largest percentage of votes (34.7%) and capturing six of the 15 seats on the city council.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Baby Born with AIDS Virus is now HIV-Negative
- 153 Cyber Attacks on U.S. Energy Grid in One Year
- Justice Dept. Sides with Polluters in Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Case
- Obama Administration Sues Sprint for Overcharging for Wiretapping Expenses
- More Solar Energy Systems Installed in 18 Months than in Previous 30 Years