Comic Party Wins Iceland Election; Promises Disneyland at Airport, Transparent Corruption
Running on a platform described as “anarcho-surrealism,” Iceland’s Best Party (Besti Flokkurinn) is no longer just a big joke. The six-month-old party led by one of the nation’s best-known comedians, Jón Gnarr, won a stunning victory in the capital city of Reykjavik’s local elections, securing the largest percentage of votes (34.7%) and capturing six of the 15 seats on the city council.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Only in Georgia can Accused Police Officers Attend their own Grand Jury Hearing
- Federal Advisory Panel on Pain has 6 Members with Links to Drugmakers
- Dangers Seen in Use of One-Touch Cell Phone Mortgage App
- Judge Rejects Big Tobacco’s Rewrite of Court-Ordered Admission of Deception
- Death by Guns, Drugs and Cars More Common in U.S. than Other Countries