Comic Party Wins Iceland Election; Promises Disneyland at Airport, Transparent Corruption
Running on a platform described as “anarcho-surrealism,” Iceland’s Best Party (Besti Flokkurinn) is no longer just a big joke. The six-month-old party led by one of the nation’s best-known comedians, Jón Gnarr, won a stunning victory in the capital city of Reykjavik’s local elections, securing the largest percentage of votes (34.7%) and capturing six of the 15 seats on the city council.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Putting Immigrants in Prison is Profitable…if You’re the Corporations CCA and GEO
- When F-35 Joint Strike Fighter Goes Operational this Summer, it won’t Work any better than 40-Year-Old Thunderbolts
- Interior Secretary Jewell Defends Fracking on Public Lands; Says Industry is Responsible for Reassuring Public
- Is U.S. Ignoring Obama’s Promise to Avoid Civilians Killings by Drones?
- Inspector General Report Details Dysfunction in Patent and Trademark Office