Comic Party Wins Iceland Election; Promises Disneyland at Airport, Transparent Corruption
Running on a platform described as “anarcho-surrealism,” Iceland’s Best Party (Besti Flokkurinn) is no longer just a big joke. The six-month-old party led by one of the nation’s best-known comedians, Jón Gnarr, won a stunning victory in the capital city of Reykjavik’s local elections, securing the largest percentage of votes (34.7%) and capturing six of the 15 seats on the city council.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Republican Governors Outsource Prisons, Child Support Services, Jobs Agencies
- Alarming Rise in Temperatures in U.S.’s Northernmost Town
- Sex Offenders Run for Office in Minnesota
- U.S. Ambassador to Uzbekistan: Who Is Pamela Spratlen?
- U.S. Ambassador to Bahrain: Who Is William Roebuck?