Chubby Checker Sues over Name of Penis Size Guessing App
Rock-n-roll legend Chubby Checker is suing Hewlett-Packard and Palm for allegedly violating his trademarked name for an app that helps women guess a man’s penis size.
Ernest Evans (Checker’s real name) says the “Chubby Checker” app was produced made available in 2010 without first getting permission from him to use the name. The downloadable application “enables women to estimate the size of a man’s penis [Chubby] based on his shoe size,” according to the lawsuit.
Evans says he told the companies to cease using his name, but they continued to do so, prompting the civil action. The plaintiff seeks $500 million for “irreparable damage and harm” caused by the app.
“This lawsuit is about preserving the integrity and legacy of a man who has spent years working hard at his musical craft and has earned the position of one of the greatest musical entertainers of all time,” lawyer Willie Gary told The Guardian.
Evans gained worldwide fame in 1960 for his No. 1 hit song “The Twist.” He also produced other hits, including “Let’s Twist Again (Like We Did Last Summer).” He trademarked his stage name in 1998.
Actually, the Chubby Checker app sold only 84 downloads before it was removed from Palm and Hewlett-Packard listings in September 2012.
To Learn More:
Chubby Checker Sues H-P & Palm for Penis Size-Guessing App (Courthouse News Service)
Chubby Checker Sues Hewlett-Packard Over App To Measure Penis Size (by Sean Michaels, The Guardian)
Chubby Checker's Federal Lawsuit Has Sexual Twist, Gary Law Firm In Stuart Says (by Tyler Treadway, TC Palm)
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- 4.6 Million American Children go to a School within a Mile of a Facility with Hazardous Chemicals
- Offshore Tax Havens Cost U.S. $184 Billion in Revenue Every Year
- Buy Cheerios, Wheaties or any other General Mills Product and You Give up the Right to Sue over False Advertising, Mislabeling…or Anything Else
- Karl Rove’s Crossroads Super PAC at the Heart of IRS Targeting and Election Commission Clashes
- Portland Dumps Millions of Gallons of Drinking Water after Young Man Urinates in Reservoir…Again