Billy Carter’s Gas Station May Become Historic Site
Gas stations don’t often become historic landmarks, unless they were once owned by the colorful brother of a U.S. president. Congress is preparing to expand the historic site honoring former President Jimmy Carter by adding 30 acres that includes the gas station once owned by Billy Carter. The cost to the federal government is expected to be $17 million over five years.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Director of the Domestic Nuclear Detection Office: Who Is L. Wayne Brasure?
- Delegated Director, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: Who Is Kana Enomoto?
- For Donald Trump, the Honeymoon was Over Before It Even Began
- Acting Director of the Indian Health Service: Who Is Mary L. Smith?
- Director of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality: Who Is Andrew Bindman?