Age at First Marriage Hits Record High
Americans are waiting longer than ever to try matrimony for the first time. Statistics released by the U.S. Census Bureau show the medina age of men who have their first wedding is now 28.1 years old, and for women it’s 25.9. In both cases, the age is the highest it’s ever been since the federal government first began keeping track of the rate in 1890.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Attorney General Lynch Demands Extradition of International Soccer Leaders for Corruption
- With Bonuses Linked to New Projects, Oil Executives Push for Exploration in Difficult Locations
- 10 House Members who Friended the Azerbaijan Dictatorship
- Two Republican-Appointed Judges from Texas Rule that Deportation Hold Program would Cause a Financial Burden because Texas would have to Issue Extra Driver’s Licenses
- Postal Service Delays Facilities Closures: Jobs vs. $750 Million in Savings