Age at First Marriage Hits Record High
Americans are waiting longer than ever to try matrimony for the first time. Statistics released by the U.S. Census Bureau show the medina age of men who have their first wedding is now 28.1 years old, and for women it’s 25.9. In both cases, the age is the highest it’s ever been since the federal government first began keeping track of the rate in 1890.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Oil Platform has been Leaking into Gulf of Mexico for more than 10 Years
- Montana First State in Nation to Protect Reporters’ Electronic Data Held by Providers
- African-American Mothers far less likely to Breastfeed than other Groups
- 14-Year-Old Charged with Felony Hacking for Entering Password to Insert Prank Photo on Teacher’s Computer
- E-Cigarette Smoking Among U.S. Teens Triples While Tobacco Use Plunges