Age at First Marriage Hits Record High
Americans are waiting longer than ever to try matrimony for the first time. Statistics released by the U.S. Census Bureau show the medina age of men who have their first wedding is now 28.1 years old, and for women it’s 25.9. In both cases, the age is the highest it’s ever been since the federal government first began keeping track of the rate in 1890.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- As Homeowners become Renters, Poor Americans Spend more for Rentals
- Billions of Dollars in Federal Contracts Go to Violators of Labor Laws
- First Person Convicted by Trial of Racketeering for Crime on the Internet
- Swiss Underground Data Bunker May Be Antidote for NSA-Inspired Paranoia
- Top DEA Agent Lands Job as Legal Advisor to Marijuana Investment Firm