Age at First Marriage Hits Record High
Americans are waiting longer than ever to try matrimony for the first time. Statistics released by the U.S. Census Bureau show the medina age of men who have their first wedding is now 28.1 years old, and for women it’s 25.9. In both cases, the age is the highest it’s ever been since the federal government first began keeping track of the rate in 1890.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- New Jersey Loses a Cash-Cow Taxpayer
- Bakken Oil Field Responsible for 2% of World’s Ethane Pollution
- Senator Says Spying Billboards Are Invasion of Privacy, Wants Investigation
- Mental Health Latest Casualty of Flint Water Poisoning Crisis
- Birmingham Officials Claim Discrimination by White Lawmakers in Minimum Wage Restriction