18 New Slogans to Inspire the North Korean People
There’s nothing like a good slogan to rally the citizens of a beleaguered nation. The United States has seen such inspirational slogans as:
“Give me Liberty or Give me Death”
“No Taxation without Representation”
“Remember the Alamo”
“The Only Thing we have to Fear is Fear Itself”
But when it comes to creative slogans, you have to turn to the world’s most repressive dictatorship: North Korea.
To honor the 70th anniversary of the founding of the ruling Workers’ Party of Korea, the government of third-generation dictator Kim Jong Un, following the lead of his father, Kim Jong Il and his grandfather, Kim Il Sung, issued a collection of more than 300 new slogans. Here are some of the most noteworthy:
1. Let this socialist country resound with the Song of Big Fish Haul and be permeated with the fragrant smell of fish and other seafoods!
2. Make fruits cascade down and their sweet aroma fill the air on the sea of apple trees at the foot of Chol Pass!
3. Play sports games in an offensive way, the way the anti-Japanese guerrillas did!
4. Kindle the flames of a fresh revolution in cinema, starting from the production of animations!
5. Let the wives of officers become dependable assistants to their husbands!
6. Should the enemy dare to invade our country, annihilate them to the last man so that none of them will survive to sign the instrument of surrender!
7. Make the entire army the leading force of guards who advance straight ahead with their guns leveled only in the direction indicated by the Party!
8. Even though one may have 99 per cent of demerits and only one per cent of merit or conscience, boldly trust him and lead him to start with a clean slate!
9. Let us carry out the lifetime instructions of the great Comrades Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il whatever the conditions without an inch of deflection and without a step of compromise!
10. Let all the service personnel and people form rings and rings of fortress around the respected Comrade Kim Jong Un!
11. Let the entire army bubble with enthusiasm for intensifying training as anti-Japanese guerrillas did on Mt. Paektu!
12. Let us turn ours into a country of mushrooms by making mushroom cultivation scientific, intensive and industrialized!
13. Properly apply the field responsibility principle within the sub-workteam management system in order to make it pay off in agricultural production!
15. Fertilizer means rice and socialism.
16. All at once!
17. Carry out the Party's policies as exactly in all aspects as the Chonji Lubricating Oil Factory did!
And, last, but not least...
18. Let us make the whole country resound louder with the song “We Are the Happiest in the World.”
To Learn More:
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Vice Chair of the United States-China Economic and Security Review Commission: Who Is Dennis Shea?
- Chair of the State Justice Institute: Who Is Chase Rogers?
- Acting Chair of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights: Who Is Patricia Timmons-Goodson?
- Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration: Who Is Scott Gottlieb?
- Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims: Who Is Robert N. Davis?