Unemployment Rate Returns to Level Obama Inherited
According to the latest figures released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the U.S. unemployment rate for September dropped to 7.8%, the lowest it has been since January 2009, the month of Barack Obama’s presidential inauguration. This represents a 1.2% decrease since the same month a year ago. Coincidentally, this is the largest month-to-month annual drop since November 1984—the month that President Ronald Reagan won reelection.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Doctors Disciplined for Misconduct Remain on Industry Payroll as Consultants and Speakers
- For First Time, EPA Draws Link between Dallas Quakes and Fracking
- NYPD Repeatedly Broke Surveillance Rules While Targeting Muslims after 9/11 Attacks
- Federal Judge Denies Texas Professors’ Request to Keep Guns Out of Classrooms
- Court Supports Ohio’s Elimination of Early Voting