Unemployment Rate Returns to Level Obama Inherited
According to the latest figures released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the U.S. unemployment rate for September dropped to 7.8%, the lowest it has been since January 2009, the month of Barack Obama’s presidential inauguration. This represents a 1.2% decrease since the same month a year ago. Coincidentally, this is the largest month-to-month annual drop since November 1984—the month that President Ronald Reagan won reelection.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Obama Disgusts Human Rights Advocates by Calling Ethiopian Government “Democratically Elected”
- Justice Dept. Audit Criticizes DEA for Poor Oversight of Drug Informants
- 27% of People Killed in Police Car Chases are Innocent Bystanders
- Transportation Dept. Investigating Major Airlines for Price Gouging after Amtrak Crash
- Navy Accused of Endangering Health of Nearby Civilians with Excess Noise