Unemployment Rate Returns to Level Obama Inherited
According to the latest figures released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the U.S. unemployment rate for September dropped to 7.8%, the lowest it has been since January 2009, the month of Barack Obama’s presidential inauguration. This represents a 1.2% decrease since the same month a year ago. Coincidentally, this is the largest month-to-month annual drop since November 1984—the month that President Ronald Reagan won reelection.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Obama Administration was Warned Well in Advance of Unaccompanied Children Crossing the Border into Texas
- $23.6 Billion Jury Award in Smoking Case Unlikely to Survive Appeal
- UN Report Estimates more than Half with AIDS don’t Know they’re Infected
- Can Private Drones be Used to Counter “Ag-Gag” Laws in 7 States?
- House Republicans Fight to Stop City-Owned Internet Providers