Unemployment Rate Returns to Level Obama Inherited
According to the latest figures released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the U.S. unemployment rate for September dropped to 7.8%, the lowest it has been since January 2009, the month of Barack Obama’s presidential inauguration. This represents a 1.2% decrease since the same month a year ago. Coincidentally, this is the largest month-to-month annual drop since November 1984—the month that President Ronald Reagan won reelection.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Fast Track Trade Bill: When Obama and Republicans Agree…Watch Out
- Members of U.S. Military have no Recourse if they Suffer from Poor Medical Treatment
- Is NRA Breaking the Law with its Political Uses of Donations?
- Navajo Nation Taxes Junk Food
- Congressional Republicans Fight Hard to Keep Guantánamo Open Forever