Unemployment Rate Returns to Level Obama Inherited
According to the latest figures released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the U.S. unemployment rate for September dropped to 7.8%, the lowest it has been since January 2009, the month of Barack Obama’s presidential inauguration. This represents a 1.2% decrease since the same month a year ago. Coincidentally, this is the largest month-to-month annual drop since November 1984—the month that President Ronald Reagan won reelection.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Doctors are Primary Source of Narcotic Painkillers for Chronic Drug Abusers in U.S.
- Energy Dept. Gives up on Expensive Nuclear Waste Plant
- Obama Budget Losers: Justice Dept., Small Business Administration, Corps of Engineers
- Army General Tried for Rape
- “Miss Demeanor” Sues to Stop Commercial Use of her Mugshot