Unemployment Rate Returns to Level Obama Inherited
According to the latest figures released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the U.S. unemployment rate for September dropped to 7.8%, the lowest it has been since January 2009, the month of Barack Obama’s presidential inauguration. This represents a 1.2% decrease since the same month a year ago. Coincidentally, this is the largest month-to-month annual drop since November 1984—the month that President Ronald Reagan won reelection.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- No Criminal Punishment for U.S. Military Personnel in Afghan Hospital Bombing
- Obama Will Ban Questions on Criminal History for Some Government Jobs
- Fake News Story May Have Broken Rules, FBI Report Says
- Armed Services Committee Votes to Require Women to Register for the Draft
- Native Americans’ Access to Health Care Difficult to Measure