Unemployment Rate Returns to Level Obama Inherited
According to the latest figures released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the U.S. unemployment rate for September dropped to 7.8%, the lowest it has been since January 2009, the month of Barack Obama’s presidential inauguration. This represents a 1.2% decrease since the same month a year ago. Coincidentally, this is the largest month-to-month annual drop since November 1984—the month that President Ronald Reagan won reelection.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Judge Rules Birth Control Shouldn’t Be Included in State Workers’ Insurance Policy
- Colorado Town May Have THC in Water Supply
- One-Third of Recovering Hospital Patients in U.S. Suffer Harm from Rehab Care
- Snowden’s New Mission: Protecting Journalists from Dangers of Trackable Smart Phones
- Climate Change May Turn Trees from Carbon Fighters into Carbon Producers