Obama Defends Bank CEO Bonuses
Enormous Wall Street bonuses have been roundly criticized by President Barack Obama in the past, calling them “obscene,” “shameful,” an “outrage” and a violation “our fundamental values.” But now Obama doesn’t feel the need to “begrudge” the combined $26 million that the heads of JPMorgan Chase and Goldman Sachs are getting.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Outside Political Money Groups Seen as “Shadow Party” that Supplants the Candidates Themselves
- $730 Million in Back Taxes Owed by U.S. Defense Workers with Security Clearances Viewed as Posing Risk
- Thousands of U.S. Weapons Provided to Afghan Forces Are Unaccounted For
- Mystery Surrounds U.S. Justice Department Move to Wrap Anti-Iran Group in Shroud of Secrecy
- Lack of Federal Policy for Paid Maternity Leave May Contribute to Decline of Women in U.S. Workforce