Obama Defends Bank CEO Bonuses
Enormous Wall Street bonuses have been roundly criticized by President Barack Obama in the past, calling them “obscene,” “shameful,” an “outrage” and a violation “our fundamental values.” But now Obama doesn’t feel the need to “begrudge” the combined $26 million that the heads of JPMorgan Chase and Goldman Sachs are getting.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- South Dakota Drops Study of Early U.S. History as a High School Requirement
- Increased Penalties for Drug Offenses have no Impact on National Drug Use
- 31% of Federal Employees are Veterans
- Katrina and the Flooding of New Orleans: A Preventable Tragedy Caused by Cost Cutting, a Mistaken Test and Lack of External Review
- Tunisia’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Fayçal Gouia?