Obama Defends Bank CEO Bonuses
Enormous Wall Street bonuses have been roundly criticized by President Barack Obama in the past, calling them “obscene,” “shameful,” an “outrage” and a violation “our fundamental values.” But now Obama doesn’t feel the need to “begrudge” the combined $26 million that the heads of JPMorgan Chase and Goldman Sachs are getting.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Lawsuits Accuse Major Employers of Squeezing Extra Dollars out of Low-Wage Workers
- Temp Workers at Record High; Earn $3.44 an Hour less than Other Workers
- Outsourcing Probation Puts the Costs on the Poor
- California Legislature First State to Ban Disposable Plastic Bags
- Florida Mayor Ejects Atheist from Public Meeting for Refusing to Stand during Pledge of Allegiance