Obama Defends Bank CEO Bonuses
Enormous Wall Street bonuses have been roundly criticized by President Barack Obama in the past, calling them “obscene,” “shameful,” an “outrage” and a violation “our fundamental values.” But now Obama doesn’t feel the need to “begrudge” the combined $26 million that the heads of JPMorgan Chase and Goldman Sachs are getting.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- When Parents Die, Private Student Loans can Come Due
- Military Judge Orders Release of Information about CIA Torture at Secret Prison
- IRS Paid Bonuses to 1,100 Employees who Underpaid or Didn’t Pay Their Own Taxes
- Two-Thirds of Criminals Released from Prison are Rearrested within 3 Years
- Chinese Government Accused of Sending Spies to Universities in U.S. and Australia