Obama Defends Bank CEO Bonuses
Enormous Wall Street bonuses have been roundly criticized by President Barack Obama in the past, calling them “obscene,” “shameful,” an “outrage” and a violation “our fundamental values.” But now Obama doesn’t feel the need to “begrudge” the combined $26 million that the heads of JPMorgan Chase and Goldman Sachs are getting.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- For the Bottom 90% of Americans, Financial Security is Slipping Away
- U.S. Wasted $7.6 Billion to Fight Poppy Cultivation in Afghanistan…Which is Now at an All-Time High
- 2.4 Million U.S. Financial Records a Day Stolen by Hackers in Last 6 Months
- Senators Coburn and Lee Fight to Halt Creation of a Women’s History Museum
- In a Reversal, Rwanda Screens Air Passengers Arriving from U.S. for Ebola