Obama Defends Bank CEO Bonuses
Enormous Wall Street bonuses have been roundly criticized by President Barack Obama in the past, calling them “obscene,” “shameful,” an “outrage” and a violation “our fundamental values.” But now Obama doesn’t feel the need to “begrudge” the combined $26 million that the heads of JPMorgan Chase and Goldman Sachs are getting.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Nation’s Biggest Private Prison Operator Secretly Videotaped Attorney-Client Meetings in Kansas Prison
- U.S. Parks Plagued by Rising Visitor Misbehavior, from Vandalism and Theft to Harassment of Wildlife
- Government Crackdown on Shady For-Profit Colleges Leaves Debt-Ridden Students in the Dust
- Minnesota Limits Pesticides to Protect Bees
- Florida Man Struck by Lightning and Bitten by Rattle Snack, Python, Alligator and Poisonous Spider