Obama Defends Bank CEO Bonuses
Enormous Wall Street bonuses have been roundly criticized by President Barack Obama in the past, calling them “obscene,” “shameful,” an “outrage” and a violation “our fundamental values.” But now Obama doesn’t feel the need to “begrudge” the combined $26 million that the heads of JPMorgan Chase and Goldman Sachs are getting.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Arizona Voter ID Law Overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court
- Faces of 120 Million People in State Driver’s License Databases Accessed for Criminal Investigations
- FTC Allowed to Stop Brand Drug Firms from Paying Competitors to Keep Generics off Market
- Majority of Americans Disapprove of NSA Surveillance Operations
- U.S. and Britain Eavesdropped on World Leaders at 2009 Summits