Obama Defends Bank CEO Bonuses
Enormous Wall Street bonuses have been roundly criticized by President Barack Obama in the past, calling them “obscene,” “shameful,” an “outrage” and a violation “our fundamental values.” But now Obama doesn’t feel the need to “begrudge” the combined $26 million that the heads of JPMorgan Chase and Goldman Sachs are getting.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- New Rule Allows U.S. Military to Act without President’s Authorization
- House Republicans Vote to Allow Private Employers to Replace Overtime Pay with Time Off
- Koch Brothers Use Detroit as a Dumping Ground
- Security Experts Warn that FBI Wiretapping of Internet Could Backfire
- Secretary of Commerce: Who Is Penny Pritzker?