Obama Defends Bank CEO Bonuses
Enormous Wall Street bonuses have been roundly criticized by President Barack Obama in the past, calling them “obscene,” “shameful,” an “outrage” and a violation “our fundamental values.” But now Obama doesn’t feel the need to “begrudge” the combined $26 million that the heads of JPMorgan Chase and Goldman Sachs are getting.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Justice Department to Ban Religious, Ethnic and Sexual Profiling by Federal Law Enforcement
- Big Tobacco’s Dire Health Warnings on E-Cigarette Packs Seen as Cynical Marketing Strategy
- Will Billing Rape Victims Thousands of Dollars for Medical Exams in Louisiana Finally Come to an End?
- Judicial Appointees of Obama and Clinton to Weigh in on Restrictive North Carolina Voting Law
- Amazon under Increasing Fire from Authors over Alleged Monopolistic E-Book Tactics