Insurance Companies Win Big in Healthcare Debate…Hospitals Too
If a health reform plan manages to become enacted, insurance companies and hospitals will by no means come out on the short end financially. An aggressive, well-orchestrated lobbying campaign by insurers, and a shrewd bit of bargaining by hospitals, has put both of these powerful players in strong positions to make money—not lose it—as a result of Democrats’ designs for providing health coverage to all Americans.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. Watchdog Investigations Imperiled by Obama Fixation on Government Secrecy
- Humans Mold Animals at Will: Gene Editing Hits Full Throttle
- National Institutes of Health Orders Halt to Use of Chimpanzees in Biomedical Research
- Conservatives Decide Trump Qualifies as a Fascist
- Online Polling May Soon Edge out Phone Surveys, But Its Degree of Accuracy is in Question