Insurance Companies Win Big in Healthcare Debate…Hospitals Too
If a health reform plan manages to become enacted, insurance companies and hospitals will by no means come out on the short end financially. An aggressive, well-orchestrated lobbying campaign by insurers, and a shrewd bit of bargaining by hospitals, has put both of these powerful players in strong positions to make money—not lose it—as a result of Democrats’ designs for providing health coverage to all Americans.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Federal Judge Approves Class Action Case against Ford and IBM for Helping South African Apartheid
- Domestic Violence Rate Plunges
- Two Prisoners in Mississippi County Still Awaiting Trial after 6 and 7 Years
- Director of the Bureau of Land Management: Who Is Neil Kornze?
- Director of the U.S. Geological Survey: Who Is Suzette Kimball?