Insurance Companies Win Big in Healthcare Debate…Hospitals Too
If a health reform plan manages to become enacted, insurance companies and hospitals will by no means come out on the short end financially. An aggressive, well-orchestrated lobbying campaign by insurers, and a shrewd bit of bargaining by hospitals, has put both of these powerful players in strong positions to make money—not lose it—as a result of Democrats’ designs for providing health coverage to all Americans.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- FDA Issues its First-Ever Cybersecurity Alert
- So Far in the 2016 Presidential Campaign, Half of Donation Dollars have come from just 400 Families
- Supreme Court’s Legalization of Same-Sex Marriage Doesn’t Apply to Indian Reservations
- For the First Time, Two Women Advance to Final Stage of Army Ranger Training
- Chinese Companies Find Cheap Labor in the U.S. South