Insurance Companies Win Big in Healthcare Debate…Hospitals Too
If a health reform plan manages to become enacted, insurance companies and hospitals will by no means come out on the short end financially. An aggressive, well-orchestrated lobbying campaign by insurers, and a shrewd bit of bargaining by hospitals, has put both of these powerful players in strong positions to make money—not lose it—as a result of Democrats’ designs for providing health coverage to all Americans.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Oil Platform has been Leaking into Gulf of Mexico for more than 10 Years
- Montana First State in Nation to Protect Reporters’ Electronic Data Held by Providers
- African-American Mothers far less likely to Breastfeed than other Groups
- 14-Year-Old Charged with Felony Hacking for Entering Password to Insert Prank Photo on Teacher’s Computer
- E-Cigarette Smoking Among U.S. Teens Triples While Tobacco Use Plunges