Insurance Companies Win Big in Healthcare Debate…Hospitals Too
If a health reform plan manages to become enacted, insurance companies and hospitals will by no means come out on the short end financially. An aggressive, well-orchestrated lobbying campaign by insurers, and a shrewd bit of bargaining by hospitals, has put both of these powerful players in strong positions to make money—not lose it—as a result of Democrats’ designs for providing health coverage to all Americans.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Former Employees Say Bank of America Regularly Lied to Homeowners Seeking Loan Modifications
- 2 Fatal Chemical Plant Explosions in 2 Days in Louisiana
- Growth of Factory Farming Leading to Uncontrolled Problems of Animal Waste
- Federal Government Accused of Adding an Average of One New Crime a Week
- Christian Pastor Given Go-Ahead to Sue Oklahoma over Native American License Plate Design