Insurance Companies Win Big in Healthcare Debate…Hospitals Too
If a health reform plan manages to become enacted, insurance companies and hospitals will by no means come out on the short end financially. An aggressive, well-orchestrated lobbying campaign by insurers, and a shrewd bit of bargaining by hospitals, has put both of these powerful players in strong positions to make money—not lose it—as a result of Democrats’ designs for providing health coverage to all Americans.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- State Regulators Accuse U.S. Lawmaker of “Unprecedented” Meddling into ExxonMobil Fraud Investigations
- Underground Burial of Carbon Dioxide May Help Limit Climate Change
- Judge Orders Kansas to Count Thousands of Votes of People Who Registered With No Citizenship ID
- 10 States Stand Up for Transgender Bathroom Rights Challenged by Other States
- Argentina’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Martín Lousteau?