Insurance Companies Win Big in Healthcare Debate…Hospitals Too
If a health reform plan manages to become enacted, insurance companies and hospitals will by no means come out on the short end financially. An aggressive, well-orchestrated lobbying campaign by insurers, and a shrewd bit of bargaining by hospitals, has put both of these powerful players in strong positions to make money—not lose it—as a result of Democrats’ designs for providing health coverage to all Americans.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Baby Born with AIDS Virus is now HIV-Negative
- 153 Cyber Attacks on U.S. Energy Grid in One Year
- Justice Dept. Sides with Polluters in Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Case
- Obama Administration Sues Sprint for Overcharging for Wiretapping Expenses
- More Solar Energy Systems Installed in 18 Months than in Previous 30 Years