Insurance Companies Win Big in Healthcare Debate…Hospitals Too
If a health reform plan manages to become enacted, insurance companies and hospitals will by no means come out on the short end financially. An aggressive, well-orchestrated lobbying campaign by insurers, and a shrewd bit of bargaining by hospitals, has put both of these powerful players in strong positions to make money—not lose it—as a result of Democrats’ designs for providing health coverage to all Americans.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- North Dakota becomes First State to Allow Police to Weaponize Drones
- Suspicions Arise over Accuracy of Pentagon Assessments of War on ISIS after Insiders Complain
- Kansas Officials Fight to Hide Voting Machine Records
- Despite Admitting to Voting Fraud at last Two Presidential Elections, County Officials in Atlanta get off with just $180,000 in Penalties
- Tax Preparers Lobby Hard to Make IRS Forms more Complicated