Insurance Companies Win Big in Healthcare Debate…Hospitals Too
If a health reform plan manages to become enacted, insurance companies and hospitals will by no means come out on the short end financially. An aggressive, well-orchestrated lobbying campaign by insurers, and a shrewd bit of bargaining by hospitals, has put both of these powerful players in strong positions to make money—not lose it—as a result of Democrats’ designs for providing health coverage to all Americans.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Statue of Liberty and Stonehenge among Landmark Sites Called Vulnerable to Climate Change Effects
- Obama Signs Bill to Remove Offensive Names for Minority Groups from U.S. Laws
- Leading Candidate for Texas School Board Seat Derailed by Her Wild Conspiracy Theories
- Promotion of Female and Minority Broadcast Ownership Damaged by FCC Failure to Update Rules
- Kosovo’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Vlora Çitaku?