Insurance Companies Win Big in Healthcare Debate…Hospitals Too
If a health reform plan manages to become enacted, insurance companies and hospitals will by no means come out on the short end financially. An aggressive, well-orchestrated lobbying campaign by insurers, and a shrewd bit of bargaining by hospitals, has put both of these powerful players in strong positions to make money—not lose it—as a result of Democrats’ designs for providing health coverage to all Americans.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Obama May Have Vetoed Keystone Pipeline, but Part of it is Already Built
- Who’s Profiting from Police Body Cameras? The Company that Makes Taser Guns
- ATF Proposes Ban on Previously Exempted Armor-Piercing Bullets
- Federal Agents Crack Down on Chinese Birth Tourism
- And the Average Penis Size Is…