Insurance Companies Win Big in Healthcare Debate…Hospitals Too
If a health reform plan manages to become enacted, insurance companies and hospitals will by no means come out on the short end financially. An aggressive, well-orchestrated lobbying campaign by insurers, and a shrewd bit of bargaining by hospitals, has put both of these powerful players in strong positions to make money—not lose it—as a result of Democrats’ designs for providing health coverage to all Americans.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- No Criminal Punishment for U.S. Military Personnel in Afghan Hospital Bombing
- Obama Will Ban Questions on Criminal History for Some Government Jobs
- Fake News Story May Have Broken Rules, FBI Report Says
- Armed Services Committee Votes to Require Women to Register for the Draft
- Native Americans’ Access to Health Care Difficult to Measure