Insurance Companies Win Big in Healthcare Debate…Hospitals Too
If a health reform plan manages to become enacted, insurance companies and hospitals will by no means come out on the short end financially. An aggressive, well-orchestrated lobbying campaign by insurers, and a shrewd bit of bargaining by hospitals, has put both of these powerful players in strong positions to make money—not lose it—as a result of Democrats’ designs for providing health coverage to all Americans.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- California Doctors Will Have to Check Online Database Before Writing Opioid Prescriptions
- Controllers Will Begin Texting Pilots With Flight Information
- Checkpoint That Turned Up Eight Kilos of Cocaine Is Ruled Unconstitutional
- Labor Department Investigating Wells Fargo Worker Abuse
- Environmental Groups Criticize Changes to Endangered Species Act