Insurance Companies Win Big in Healthcare Debate…Hospitals Too
If a health reform plan manages to become enacted, insurance companies and hospitals will by no means come out on the short end financially. An aggressive, well-orchestrated lobbying campaign by insurers, and a shrewd bit of bargaining by hospitals, has put both of these powerful players in strong positions to make money—not lose it—as a result of Democrats’ designs for providing health coverage to all Americans.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Top Private Prison Firm Tries to Prevent Public Disclosure of Documents Exposing Prison Operations
- U.S. Justice Dept. Sues Georgia for Widespread Discrimination of Disabled Students
- At 8 Deaths a Day, Accidental Overdose Fatalities Hit Record High in Ohio
- Study Finds Most Teens Vape Non-Nicotine Fruit Flavors, But CDC Skeptical
- Court Rules against Michigan for Cutting Food Stamps for People it Misidentified as Fleeing Felons