Insurance Companies Win Big in Healthcare Debate…Hospitals Too
If a health reform plan manages to become enacted, insurance companies and hospitals will by no means come out on the short end financially. An aggressive, well-orchestrated lobbying campaign by insurers, and a shrewd bit of bargaining by hospitals, has put both of these powerful players in strong positions to make money—not lose it—as a result of Democrats’ designs for providing health coverage to all Americans.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Brain-Eating Amoeba Found in Louisiana Drinking Water
- Justice Dept. Sues Minnesota Village over Refusal to Allow Islamic Center
- India’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Subrahmanyam Jaishankar?
- Pakistan’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Jalil Abbas Jilani?
- More than 1 Million U.S. Children Live in Households with Income of Less than $2 a Day per Person…Including Public Assistance