Insurance Companies Win Big in Healthcare Debate…Hospitals Too
If a health reform plan manages to become enacted, insurance companies and hospitals will by no means come out on the short end financially. An aggressive, well-orchestrated lobbying campaign by insurers, and a shrewd bit of bargaining by hospitals, has put both of these powerful players in strong positions to make money—not lose it—as a result of Democrats’ designs for providing health coverage to all Americans.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Obama Orders U.S. Troops in Afghanistan to Keep Fighting for a 14th Year
- Supreme Court to Decide if Violent Threats on Facebook are Free Speech or Criminal Acts
- Goldman Sachs Gets Harsh Words but Open Pockets from Congressional Subcommittees
- Obama Justice Dept. Insists Details of Anti-Iran Campaign are so Secret they won’t Say Why It’s Secret
- Is Volleyball a Threat to Islamic Extremists?