Insurance Companies Win Big in Healthcare Debate…Hospitals Too
If a health reform plan manages to become enacted, insurance companies and hospitals will by no means come out on the short end financially. An aggressive, well-orchestrated lobbying campaign by insurers, and a shrewd bit of bargaining by hospitals, has put both of these powerful players in strong positions to make money—not lose it—as a result of Democrats’ designs for providing health coverage to all Americans.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Republican Dissent Killed Controversial House Abortion Bill, but Clones Emerge in State Legislatures
- Chemical Industry and Republican Lawmakers Succeed in Stalling EPA Chemical Regulation Process
- Will Secret Donors Dominate the Upcoming Election Season?
- Poorest Patients Sued by Some Non-Profit Hospitals
- Louisiana Fishing Industry Battles Big Oil over Coastline Erosion