Insurance Companies Win Big in Healthcare Debate…Hospitals Too
If a health reform plan manages to become enacted, insurance companies and hospitals will by no means come out on the short end financially. An aggressive, well-orchestrated lobbying campaign by insurers, and a shrewd bit of bargaining by hospitals, has put both of these powerful players in strong positions to make money—not lose it—as a result of Democrats’ designs for providing health coverage to all Americans.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- 9 American Insiders Who Opposed Bush Torture Program
- Sen. Coburn Blocks Funding for Veterans Suicide Prevention Web Site
- Social Security Administration Still Collecting Debts from Children of Overpaid Recipients Despite Promising to Stop
- Nominee for U.S. Ambassador to Norway Gives Up; Who Was George Tsunis?
- Lax Oversight of Americans Lobbying for Foreign Governments