Goodnight Moon: Obama NASA Budget Ends Return of Astronauts
There may be no giant leap for mankind in the coming years, now that President Barack Obama has effectively killed NASA’s five-year-old program to send astronauts back to the moon. Instead of funding the Constellation program, which was charged with developing spacecraft for moon launches and shepherding astronauts to the International Space Station, the Obama administration wants to pour money into new technologies and to outsource space exploration to private industry.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Left and Right Sue Obama Administration over Indiscriminate Phone Spying
- Contractors Account for 22% of Defense Dept. Workforce, but 50% of Workforce Cost
- Judge Rules Sailors Found Guilty of Sex Assault cannot be Dishonorably Discharged Due to Inappropriate Remarks by Obama
- White Deaths Top Births for First Time Ever
- Has the NSA ever Used its Surveillance Powers for Purposes other than Combating Terrorism? You Bet