Goodnight Moon: Obama NASA Budget Ends Return of Astronauts
There may be no giant leap for mankind in the coming years, now that President Barack Obama has effectively killed NASA’s five-year-old program to send astronauts back to the moon. Instead of funding the Constellation program, which was charged with developing spacecraft for moon launches and shepherding astronauts to the International Space Station, the Obama administration wants to pour money into new technologies and to outsource space exploration to private industry.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. Psychologists Group, Linked to Bush-Era Torture Program, May Prohibit Role in Future Interrogations
- More Millennials Living at Home with Parents, Even as Job Market Improves
- Chimps Don’t Have the Same Legal Rights as People, Judge Rules
- Environmentalists Sue to Block California’s Suspiciously Rosy Fracking Report
- Director of the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation: Who Is W. Thomas Reeder?