Goodnight Moon: Obama NASA Budget Ends Return of Astronauts
There may be no giant leap for mankind in the coming years, now that President Barack Obama has effectively killed NASA’s five-year-old program to send astronauts back to the moon. Instead of funding the Constellation program, which was charged with developing spacecraft for moon launches and shepherding astronauts to the International Space Station, the Obama administration wants to pour money into new technologies and to outsource space exploration to private industry.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Obama Fourth President in a Row to Go on Prime-Time TV to Announce Bombing of Iraq
- Why Did Obama Refer to Anti-Terror Campaigns in Somalia and Yemen as Successes?
- Saving and Loan Scandal of ’80s and ’90s: 102 High-Level Executives Convicted; 2008 Financial Crisis Scandal: 1
- Minnesota Vikings Lead NFL in Player Arrests
- Acting Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency: Who Is David Shedd?