Goodnight Moon: Obama NASA Budget Ends Return of Astronauts
There may be no giant leap for mankind in the coming years, now that President Barack Obama has effectively killed NASA’s five-year-old program to send astronauts back to the moon. Instead of funding the Constellation program, which was charged with developing spacecraft for moon launches and shepherding astronauts to the International Space Station, the Obama administration wants to pour money into new technologies and to outsource space exploration to private industry.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Nation’s First Academic Chair for Study of Atheism Established at Miami University
- Racist Portrayal of Mexican-Americans Seen in Text of Proposed Texas School Book
- Americans, Age 18-34, More Likely to Live with Parents than Romantic Partners
- Thousands of Inmates Held in Federal Prisons Longer than Sentencing Period
- High Unemployment Rate and Low Pay for U.S. Military Spouses