Goodnight Moon: Obama NASA Budget Ends Return of Astronauts
There may be no giant leap for mankind in the coming years, now that President Barack Obama has effectively killed NASA’s five-year-old program to send astronauts back to the moon. Instead of funding the Constellation program, which was charged with developing spacecraft for moon launches and shepherding astronauts to the International Space Station, the Obama administration wants to pour money into new technologies and to outsource space exploration to private industry.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Idaho Nurse’s Lawsuit against Bulk Collection of Phone Records Gains Supporters
- Appeals Court Ruling Challenges Legitimacy of Military Commissions For Guantánamo Prisoners
- Federal Grand Jury Indicts FedEx for Conspiring to Deliver Illegal Drugs (No Officials Charged)
- VA Cemetery Chief Retires One Month before Publication of Report Exposing his Prohibited Personnel Practices
- Secretary of Veterans Affairs: Who Is Bob McDonald?