Goodnight Moon: Obama NASA Budget Ends Return of Astronauts
There may be no giant leap for mankind in the coming years, now that President Barack Obama has effectively killed NASA’s five-year-old program to send astronauts back to the moon. Instead of funding the Constellation program, which was charged with developing spacecraft for moon launches and shepherding astronauts to the International Space Station, the Obama administration wants to pour money into new technologies and to outsource space exploration to private industry.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Attorney General Lynch Demands Extradition of International Soccer Leaders for Corruption
- With Bonuses Linked to New Projects, Oil Executives Push for Exploration in Difficult Locations
- 10 House Members who Friended the Azerbaijan Dictatorship
- Two Republican-Appointed Judges from Texas Rule that Deportation Hold Program would Cause a Financial Burden because Texas would have to Issue Extra Driver’s Licenses
- Postal Service Delays Facilities Closures: Jobs vs. $750 Million in Savings