Goodnight Moon: Obama NASA Budget Ends Return of Astronauts
There may be no giant leap for mankind in the coming years, now that President Barack Obama has effectively killed NASA’s five-year-old program to send astronauts back to the moon. Instead of funding the Constellation program, which was charged with developing spacecraft for moon launches and shepherding astronauts to the International Space Station, the Obama administration wants to pour money into new technologies and to outsource space exploration to private industry.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Trump Choice for Labor Chief is Outspoken Critic of Worker Protections, Minimum Wage Increases
- Mass Deportations Damage U.S. Housing Market by Exacerbating Foreclosures
- Trump’s Cyberbullying of Union Boss Called “Dark and Disturbing” Assault on Right to Dissent
- Direct Link Seen Between Crime Rate and Interest Rates in U.S.
- Many Smartphone Health Apps Fail to Warn Users of Danger