Goodnight Moon: Obama NASA Budget Ends Return of Astronauts
There may be no giant leap for mankind in the coming years, now that President Barack Obama has effectively killed NASA’s five-year-old program to send astronauts back to the moon. Instead of funding the Constellation program, which was charged with developing spacecraft for moon launches and shepherding astronauts to the International Space Station, the Obama administration wants to pour money into new technologies and to outsource space exploration to private industry.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Polluting Drinking Water and Lobbying go Hand in Hand
- A Reminder: U.S. Pays One Quarter of Israel’s Defense Budget
- Debt Collectors Find Lucrative Loophole, Avoiding Regulation by Working for Governments
- One Billion Monarch Butterflies Migrated in 1997; This Winter it was Down to 56.5 Million; Environmentalists Sue EPA
- Student-Athletes Sue Univ. of North Carolina for Failing to Provide a Real Education