Goodnight Moon: Obama NASA Budget Ends Return of Astronauts
There may be no giant leap for mankind in the coming years, now that President Barack Obama has effectively killed NASA’s five-year-old program to send astronauts back to the moon. Instead of funding the Constellation program, which was charged with developing spacecraft for moon launches and shepherding astronauts to the International Space Station, the Obama administration wants to pour money into new technologies and to outsource space exploration to private industry.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Leaked Trade Deal Documents Show U.S. Weakened Environmental Protections, Gave Corporate Lobbyists More Say
- 15 States Wielding New or Stricter Voter ID Laws in Run-Up to Presidential Election
- Sioux Tribe Accuses Government of Underfunding Native American Health Care
- Children’s Brain Injuries from Playground Accidents on Rise in U.S.
- Discrimination Continues after Death at Texas “Whites-Only” Cemetery