Goodnight Moon: Obama NASA Budget Ends Return of Astronauts
There may be no giant leap for mankind in the coming years, now that President Barack Obama has effectively killed NASA’s five-year-old program to send astronauts back to the moon. Instead of funding the Constellation program, which was charged with developing spacecraft for moon launches and shepherding astronauts to the International Space Station, the Obama administration wants to pour money into new technologies and to outsource space exploration to private industry.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. and U.K. Spy Agencies Likely Source of Malware Attacks on EU, Russian and Saudi Computers
- Drones are Catching On…with Pranksters and Criminals
- Fracking Blamed for Series of Earthquakes in Texas City
- Many Americans with Private Health Insurance Skip Necessary Treatments Due to High Deductibles
- Obama’s Aggressive Environmental Agenda Relies on Powerful 1970 Clean Air Act