Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Is it Time to Eliminate the National Technical Information Service?
- Largest Car Title Loan Company Avoids Interest-Rate Limits by Charging “Fees”
- Manhunt for Fugitive Tuberculosis Patient
- U.S. Ambassador to South Korea: Who Is Mark Lippert?
- U.S. Ambassador to Egypt: Who Is Stephen Beecroft?