Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Pentagon Blocks Release of 1,800 Detainee Abuse Photos, Lets Out 198
- Legal U.S. Marijuana Sales Hit $5.4 Billion in 2015
- U.S. and UK Spy Agencies May be Allowed to Request Online Chat Data and Emails from Media Companies
- Displaying Christian Crosses on Police Cars Supported by Texas Governor
- 880,000 Pounds of Metals Landed in Animas River from EPA-Triggered Colorado Mine Spill