Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- University Students from 37 Nations Rank George W. Bush less Popular than Josef Stalin and Genghis Khan, but more Popular than Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden
- Secret U.S. Space Plane Launches for Fourth Time in Five Years
- Women over 50 most Common Victims of Online Romance Scams
- Acting Administrator of the Drug Enforcement Administration: Who Is Chuck Rosenberg?
- Director of the Minority Business Development Agency: Who Is Alejandra Castillo?