Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Federal Judge Approves Class Action Case against Ford and IBM for Helping South African Apartheid
- Domestic Violence Rate Plunges
- Two Prisoners in Mississippi County Still Awaiting Trial after 6 and 7 Years
- Director of the Bureau of Land Management: Who Is Neil Kornze?
- Director of the U.S. Geological Survey: Who Is Suzette Kimball?