Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Federal Judges Order Obama Administration to Release Memo Justifying Assassination of Americans
- Oklahoma Legislators, Bowing to Big Business, Raise Rates for Small Producers of Solar and Wind Power
- Cold War could Turn into Wet War if U.S. Navy Dolphins Deploy to Black Sea
- Sale of Post Office Properties Ignored Historical Importance
- Nebraskans Want Colorado to Share Cost of Prosecuting Citizens Caught with Marijuana in Nebraska