Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Three Supreme Court Justices have been Ruling on Cases Involving Companies Whose Stock they Own
- Connecticut Wage Theft Law Shifts Burden of Proof from Employees to Employers
- Goldman Sachs-Supported Solar Company Uses Prison Labor to Make Panels
- Paul, Chafee and Webb are most Marijuana-Friendly Presidential Candidates; Christie most Hostile
- Inspired by Chief Justice Roberts, Polygamous Couple Applies for Marriage License