Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- GM Ignition Switch Confirmed Death Toll Rises to 19
- FBI’s Facial Recognition Program Goes Operational
- Reagan-Appointed Judge Cites Hobby Lobby Ruling to Decide Polygamist Sect Doesn’t Have to Testify about Child Labor Violations
- Average U.S. Household Earned an Extra 50 Cents a Day Last Year
- U.S. Prisoner Population on the Rise Again after 3-Year Decline