Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Blackwater Employees Convicted of Murder of 14 Iraqis
- 50% Increase in U.S. Cities Advancing Laws to Restrict the Sharing of Food with Homeless People
- Judge Gives Obama Administration until December to Justify Withholding 2,100 Photos of U.S. Use of Torture in Iraq and Afghanistan
- More Evidence that TV Ads in Judicial Elections Lead to Less Sympathy for Defendants back in the Courtroom
- Police Beating Victim Wins $1,000 Settlement…His Lawyers Get $459,000