Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- 9 American Insiders Who Opposed Bush Torture Program
- Sen. Coburn Blocks Funding for Veterans Suicide Prevention Web Site
- Social Security Administration Still Collecting Debts from Children of Overpaid Recipients Despite Promising to Stop
- Nominee for U.S. Ambassador to Norway Gives Up; Who Was George Tsunis?
- Lax Oversight of Americans Lobbying for Foreign Governments