Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- The Third Leading Cause of Death in the U.S. is … Medical Error
- U.S. Government Pays $48 Million to Resettle First American “Climate Change Refugees”
- Wall Street Stock Loan Schemes Take Billions from Taxpayers in Germany and 20 Other Nations
- Widespread Damage Done to Florida’s Treasured Coral Reef by Dredging of Miami Port for Freighters
- Georgia Bill Allowing Guns on Campus Throws Governor into Second Hot-Button Controversy