Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Biggest Dark Money Spender in 2014 Elections: U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Burundi, Rwanda and Nicaragua among Nations Ranked Ahead of U.S. on Equality for Women
- Stonewalling in Georgia: As Election Day Nears, Judge Refuses to Force Secretary of State to Process 40,000 Missing Voter Registrations
- Media Credibility Threatened by FBI Falsification of AP News Story to Locate Bomb Suspect
- Fast-Food Workers Earn $20 an Hour plus Benefits…in Denmark. Why Not in U.S.?