Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- When Parents Die, Private Student Loans can Come Due
- Military Judge Orders Release of Information about CIA Torture at Secret Prison
- IRS Paid Bonuses to 1,100 Employees who Underpaid or Didn’t Pay Their Own Taxes
- Two-Thirds of Criminals Released from Prison are Rearrested within 3 Years
- Chinese Government Accused of Sending Spies to Universities in U.S. and Australia