Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Percentage of Insured Americans and Access to Doctors Worse than Nearly All Other Industrialized Nations
- Bar Association’s Report on Trump’s Use of Libel Suits to Silence Critics is shelved out of Fear of Trump Lawsuit
- FBI, 80% of Its Agents White and Male, Loses Women and Minorities from Top Ranks
- Justice Dept. Moves to Disband Arizona Police Force with Ties to Discriminatory Church
- Cigarette Smoking is linked to 25% of All Cancer Deaths in U.S.