Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Lowering Corporate Tax Rate Unlikely to Create More Jobs
- V.A. Doctors Renewed Opiate Painkillers for Patients They Never Saw
- Homeland Security Failed to Follow Its Own Cyber-Security Protections
- Civilian Afghan Deaths from U.S. Drone Strikes Continue to Build Hatred of U.S.
- Group Sues to Provide Legal Rights for Non-Humans