Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Obama Finally Puts an End to Unpopular Secure Communities Program
- U.S. Celebrates 500th “Targeted Killing” Since 2002: 3,674 Dead including 473 Civilians
- Are Justice Dept. Sting Operations Targeting Minorities?
- U.S. Ambassador to the Kyrgyzstan: Who Is Sheila Gwaltney?
- U.S. Ambassador to Latvia: Who Is Nancy Pettit?