Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Drug Enforcement Administration Misused Money for Informants
- More Measures Needed to Slow Global Warming
- Study Finds Police Use of Body Cameras Dramatically Cuts Complaints
- Federal Government Prohibits Mandatory Arbitration in Nursing Home Contracts
- Supreme Court Takes Case That Could Affect Trademark Protection for Football Team’s Offensive Name