Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Nation’s Biggest Private Prison Operator Secretly Videotaped Attorney-Client Meetings in Kansas Prison
- U.S. Parks Plagued by Rising Visitor Misbehavior, from Vandalism and Theft to Harassment of Wildlife
- Government Crackdown on Shady For-Profit Colleges Leaves Debt-Ridden Students in the Dust
- Minnesota Limits Pesticides to Protect Bees
- Florida Man Struck by Lightning and Bitten by Rattle Snack, Python, Alligator and Poisonous Spider