Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Ex-Nazis Still Receiving Social Security Benefits
- If the Draft Ended 41 Years Ago, Why are Young Men Still Punished for not Registering?
- Interior Dept. Inspector General Closed 457 Investigations Last Year, but Released only 3 to the Public
- California County Tried to Seize Marijuana Plants without Warrant because Growing them Wasted Water
- Hottest September Since Recordkeeping began in 1880