Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. and U.K. Spy Agencies Likely Source of Malware Attacks on EU, Russian and Saudi Computers
- Drones are Catching On…with Pranksters and Criminals
- Fracking Blamed for Series of Earthquakes in Texas City
- Many Americans with Private Health Insurance Skip Necessary Treatments Due to High Deductibles
- Obama’s Aggressive Environmental Agenda Relies on Powerful 1970 Clean Air Act