Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Dream Come True for Oil Companies: Obama Expected to Approve Drilling off Atlantic Coast from Virginia to Georgia
- Koch Brothers Unveil Plan to Outspend Political Parties in 2016 Election Campaign
- Fracking Earthquake Responsibility Case Goes to Court
- Student Settles with Philadelphia Police after Airport Arrest for Carrying Arabic Flash Cards
- Wisconsin Town in Need of Jurors Grabs People off the Street