Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Is Washington Using the Ukraine Crisis to Push Natural Gas Exports to Asia?
- CIA Spied on Senate Committee Investigating CIA
- U.S. Geological Survey Calls Oklahoma Quake the Largest “Human-Induced” Earthquake on Record
- Democratic and Republican Presidents Agree…U.N. Human Rights Treaty Doesn’t Apply to Americans
- Kansas Supreme Court Declares State Government’s Funding of Education Unequal and Unconstitutional