Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Obama Administration Places People on Terrorist Watch List based on “Reasonable Suspicion”
- Government Sting Gains Health Care Coverage Using Fake Names
- Air Force to Launch Satellites to Spy on other Satellites
- Minor League Baseball Players Sue Major League Baseball over Low Pay
- People Who Live Inland more Likely to Deny Climate Change…and so are People Exposed to Media Owned by Rupert Murdoch