Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Obama May Have Vetoed Keystone Pipeline, but Part of it is Already Built
- Who’s Profiting from Police Body Cameras? The Company that Makes Taser Guns
- ATF Proposes Ban on Previously Exempted Armor-Piercing Bullets
- Federal Agents Crack Down on Chinese Birth Tourism
- And the Average Penis Size Is…