Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Immigration Court Gives First Approval of Asylum for Domestic Abuse
- Military Weapons Given to Police have Gone Missing
- Pennsylvania Finally Releases List of 243 Cases of Water Contaminated by Oil and Gas Drilling
- Government Printing Office Wins Dubious Title of Federal Agency with Highest Discrimination Complaint Rate
- Assistant Secretary for Public and Indian Housing: Who Is Lourdes Castro Ramírez?