Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Brain-Eating Amoeba Found in Louisiana Drinking Water
- Justice Dept. Sues Minnesota Village over Refusal to Allow Islamic Center
- India’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Subrahmanyam Jaishankar?
- Pakistan’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Jalil Abbas Jilani?
- More than 1 Million U.S. Children Live in Households with Income of Less than $2 a Day per Person…Including Public Assistance