Defense Department Prepares for Climate Change as Security Issue
Military planners are taking global warming seriously, adding it to the list of destabilizing forces that must be accounted for when devising long-term strategies. In its latest Quadrennial Defense Review report submitted to Congress, the Department of Defense states it will track developments in climate change so that it can prepare for its effects on future conflicts.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- African-Americans Targeted for Arrest by Grand Rapids Police Using “No Trespass Letters”
- Kansas Passes Restrictive Welfare Law Seen as Mean-Spirited, Punitive
- Private Prison Industry Spends Millions Lobbying Congress to Maintain Immigrant “Bed Mandate” Quotas
- Two North Carolina Judges Resigned rather than Perform Same-Sex Marriages; Now they’re Suing
- Did You Hear about the Man who Committed Suicide in Front of U.S. Capitol Carrying “Tax the one percent” Sign?