David Vitter: The Formaldehyde Senator
Paul Anastas, a Yale chemist and so-called father of green chemistry, is being prevented from taking over the Environmental Protection Agency’s Office of Research and Development because of opposition from Senator David Vitter (R-LA), who has been accused of doing the formaldehyde industry’s bidding. Many environmentalists expect Anastas, if confirmed, to lead EPA’s effort to establish safety standards for formaldehyde, which has been linked to causing leukemia.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. Ambassador to Italy: Who Is Lewis Eisenberg?
- Radiation Exposure Compensation Program: Who is Kali Bracey?
- Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission: Who Is Ajit Pai?
- Secretary of Labor: Who Was Andrew Puzder?
- Secretary of the Air Force: Who Is Heather Wilson?