Black Americans Given Longer Sentences than White Americans for Same Crimes
A new academic study of 58,000 federal criminal cases has found significant disparities in sentencing for blacks and whites arrested for the same crimes. The research led to the conclusion that African-Americans’ jail time was almost 60% longer than white sentences.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Arizona Taxpayers Pay the Price for New, Restrictive Laws
- North Carolina Law Would Force New Cars to be Sold through Dealerships
- Federal Court Panel Says Florida Cannot Punish Businesses with Cuban or Syrian Connections
- Kansas Only State to Close Criminal Records to Public
- New York City Police Officers Reminded to Allow Women to Bare their Breasts in Public