Black Americans Given Longer Sentences than White Americans for Same Crimes
A new academic study of 58,000 federal criminal cases has found significant disparities in sentencing for blacks and whites arrested for the same crimes. The research led to the conclusion that African-Americans’ jail time was almost 60% longer than white sentences.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Doctors Disciplined for Misconduct Remain on Industry Payroll as Consultants and Speakers
- For First Time, EPA Draws Link between Dallas Quakes and Fracking
- NYPD Repeatedly Broke Surveillance Rules While Targeting Muslims after 9/11 Attacks
- Federal Judge Denies Texas Professors’ Request to Keep Guns Out of Classrooms
- Court Supports Ohio’s Elimination of Early Voting