Black Americans Given Longer Sentences than White Americans for Same Crimes
A new academic study of 58,000 federal criminal cases has found significant disparities in sentencing for blacks and whites arrested for the same crimes. The research led to the conclusion that African-Americans’ jail time was almost 60% longer than white sentences.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Fighting Drug Take-Back Program, Big Pharma Says Dump Your Meds in the Trash
- Poland Accused in Europe Human Rights Court of Aiding CIA Kidnapping and Torture
- For the First Time in 40 Years, Most Americans Believe U.S. Declining as Global Power
- Dallas Police Now Forced to Wait 3 Days before Recounting Shooting Incidents
- U.N. Launches its First Drone, Joining U.S.-Led Proliferation across 70 Nations