Black Americans Given Longer Sentences than White Americans for Same Crimes
A new academic study of 58,000 federal criminal cases has found significant disparities in sentencing for blacks and whites arrested for the same crimes. The research led to the conclusion that African-Americans’ jail time was almost 60% longer than white sentences.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Why Did it Take So Long for DEA Chief Leonhart to be Forced to Resign?
- Amnesty International Accuses Obama of Sweeping Torture Crimes under the Carpet
- Is this the Worst of the FBI Fake Hair Analysis Injustice Cases?
- Senate Food Workers Walk off the Job
- Which Religions Oppose Same-Sex Marriage? White Evangelicals, Black and Hispanic Protestants, Mormons and Muslims