Black Americans Given Longer Sentences than White Americans for Same Crimes
A new academic study of 58,000 federal criminal cases has found significant disparities in sentencing for blacks and whites arrested for the same crimes. The research led to the conclusion that African-Americans’ jail time was almost 60% longer than white sentences.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Koch Brothers Spent more on 2012 Election than Top 10 Unions Combined
- Store Selling “Smart Gun” Surrenders to Attacks on Online Forums
- 29 States Roll Back Mandatory Sentencing
- After Refusing a Purple Heart, World War II Vet Accepts it…70 Years Later
- How Many Times can Mexico Kill Nazario Moreno?