Black Americans Given Longer Sentences than White Americans for Same Crimes
A new academic study of 58,000 federal criminal cases has found significant disparities in sentencing for blacks and whites arrested for the same crimes. The research led to the conclusion that African-Americans’ jail time was almost 60% longer than white sentences.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Whistleblower Jeffrey Sterling Convicted
- Pennsylvania Fracking Companies Flaunt Environmental Rules and Regulations…Every Day
- HUD Official Worked for Government and Housing Industry at the Same Time…Beyond the Revolving Door
- Half of Prisoners Cleared after being Wrongly Convicted are African-American
- Army Major who Oversaw Sexual Assault Cases Sentenced to 20 Years in Prison for Rape