Black Americans Given Longer Sentences than White Americans for Same Crimes
A new academic study of 58,000 federal criminal cases has found significant disparities in sentencing for blacks and whites arrested for the same crimes. The research led to the conclusion that African-Americans’ jail time was almost 60% longer than white sentences.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- When School Opens, White Students will Drop Below 50% for First Time
- 156,000 Seniors Have Social Security Checks Reduced…to Pay Off Student Loans
- When Israelis Kill Gaza Civilians, They do so with Weapons Provided by U.S.
- Federal Election Commission, with 3-3 Votes, Loosens Restrictions on Campaign Funding
- American Academy of Pediatrics Suggests School Should Start Later