Black Americans Given Longer Sentences than White Americans for Same Crimes
A new academic study of 58,000 federal criminal cases has found significant disparities in sentencing for blacks and whites arrested for the same crimes. The research led to the conclusion that African-Americans’ jail time was almost 60% longer than white sentences.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- FBI’s Secret Recording of Conversations on Courthouse Steps Not Illegal, Rules Federal Judge
- DNC Tried to Leverage White House Ties to Reward Donors with Federal Board Appointments
- Support Grows Among Americans for Tougher Gun Laws
- U.S. Says It Plans to Expand Central American Refugee Admission Program
- Longtime Vietnam War Protesters Exhort Pentagon to Detail War’s Hard Truths on Website