Black Americans Given Longer Sentences than White Americans for Same Crimes
A new academic study of 58,000 federal criminal cases has found significant disparities in sentencing for blacks and whites arrested for the same crimes. The research led to the conclusion that African-Americans’ jail time was almost 60% longer than white sentences.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Two Children a Week Killed in U.S. by Accidental Shootings
- VA Official Says Delays Did Lead to Deaths at Phoenix Medical Center
- Judge Allows Cisco to Slither out of Responsibility for Chinese Government Human Rights Abuses
- Commander, U.S. Army Combined Arms Center: Who Is Robert Brown?
- Commander of the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation: Who Is Keith Anthony?