Black Americans Given Longer Sentences than White Americans for Same Crimes
A new academic study of 58,000 federal criminal cases has found significant disparities in sentencing for blacks and whites arrested for the same crimes. The research led to the conclusion that African-Americans’ jail time was almost 60% longer than white sentences.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- As the Arctic Warms, Why is U.S. Falling behind Russia?
- Majority of Latinos Don’t Vote
- Many Fire Departments Spend more Time Tending to Homeless than Fighting Fires
- Workers at Nuclear Weapons Plant Vote to Strike
- Two-Thirds of Mass Shootings Take Place in Private Residences, not in Public