Black Americans Given Longer Sentences than White Americans for Same Crimes
A new academic study of 58,000 federal criminal cases has found significant disparities in sentencing for blacks and whites arrested for the same crimes. The research led to the conclusion that African-Americans’ jail time was almost 60% longer than white sentences.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Privacy of No Concern for Ted Cruz Mobile App in Campaign’s Massive Data Mining Operation
- Nation’s Science Teachers Found to Have Poor Grasp of Climate Change
- Flint Has Highest Rate of Vacant Homes in U.S., and Water Crisis May Exacerbate It
- NYPD Used Secretive Cell Phone Tracking Technology 1,000 times since '08
- Florida Legislature Calls for Convention on Congressional Term Limits