Black Americans Given Longer Sentences than White Americans for Same Crimes
A new academic study of 58,000 federal criminal cases has found significant disparities in sentencing for blacks and whites arrested for the same crimes. The research led to the conclusion that African-Americans’ jail time was almost 60% longer than white sentences.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Gov. Cuomo Bans Fracking in New York
- Obama Bans Oil Drilling in Alaskan Bay that Produces 40% of Wild-Caught Seafood in U.S.
- Federal Grand Jury Indicts Owners of Chemical Company that Contaminated West Virginia Water
- Education Dept. Approves Sale of Failing For-Profit Colleges to Debt Collection Company
- New Law School Enrollment Continues to Plunge…to 41-Year Low