Black Americans Given Longer Sentences than White Americans for Same Crimes
A new academic study of 58,000 federal criminal cases has found significant disparities in sentencing for blacks and whites arrested for the same crimes. The research led to the conclusion that African-Americans’ jail time was almost 60% longer than white sentences.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Republican State Governments Increasingly Overruling Laws Passed by City and County Governments
- Senate Takes First Step to Allow Vets to Use Medical Marijuana
- Woman Sues Employer after Being Fired for Turning off Tracking App
- Backed by Big Oil, House Republicans Use Military Bill in Campaign to Keep Sage Grouse off Endangered List
- Thailand’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Pisan Manawapat?