Black Americans Given Longer Sentences than White Americans for Same Crimes
A new academic study of 58,000 federal criminal cases has found significant disparities in sentencing for blacks and whites arrested for the same crimes. The research led to the conclusion that African-Americans’ jail time was almost 60% longer than white sentences.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- International Aid Group Blasts Pentagon for Shifting Stand on Afghan Hospital Air Assault
- As Always, U.S. Wastes Billions Funding Failed Foreign Military Forces
- School Books to Get Rewrite after Outcry over Slavery Whitewash
- Most of $20.8 Billion BP Penalty Is Tax Deductible as a Cost of Doing Business
- Federal Judge Rules “National Security” is too Vague to Justify Hiding Documents in Immigration Case