Baseball Players Begin to Speak Out against Arizona Immigration Law
Count professional baseball players and their union among the growing chorus speaking out against Arizona’s new immigration law. The law, which will require anyone stopped by law enforcement on suspicion of being an illegal immigrant to show proof of legal status or citizenship, has been criticized by numerous Major League Baseball (MLB) players of Hispanic origin, who make up nearly 28% of the players on MLB teams.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Pentagon Underreported Sexual Assaults by not Counting Attacks on Civilian Women and Non-Military Spouses
- Formaldehyde Industry Beats Back Serious Regulation
- Federal Election Commission Used to be Dysfunctional; Now it’s Gotten Worse
- 5 of 10 Supreme Court Justices in History who Used Least Friendly Language are on the Court Now
- Congress Increases Grants for Abstinence-Only Programs