Baseball Players Begin to Speak Out against Arizona Immigration Law
Count professional baseball players and their union among the growing chorus speaking out against Arizona’s new immigration law. The law, which will require anyone stopped by law enforcement on suspicion of being an illegal immigrant to show proof of legal status or citizenship, has been criticized by numerous Major League Baseball (MLB) players of Hispanic origin, who make up nearly 28% of the players on MLB teams.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. Watchdog Investigations Imperiled by Obama Fixation on Government Secrecy
- Humans Mold Animals at Will: Gene Editing Hits Full Throttle
- National Institutes of Health Orders Halt to Use of Chimpanzees in Biomedical Research
- Conservatives Decide Trump Qualifies as a Fascist
- Online Polling May Soon Edge out Phone Surveys, But Its Degree of Accuracy is in Question