Baseball Players Begin to Speak Out against Arizona Immigration Law
Count professional baseball players and their union among the growing chorus speaking out against Arizona’s new immigration law. The law, which will require anyone stopped by law enforcement on suspicion of being an illegal immigrant to show proof of legal status or citizenship, has been criticized by numerous Major League Baseball (MLB) players of Hispanic origin, who make up nearly 28% of the players on MLB teams.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Immigration Court Gives First Approval of Asylum for Domestic Abuse
- Military Weapons Given to Police have Gone Missing
- Pennsylvania Finally Releases List of 243 Cases of Water Contaminated by Oil and Gas Drilling
- Government Printing Office Wins Dubious Title of Federal Agency with Highest Discrimination Complaint Rate
- Assistant Secretary for Public and Indian Housing: Who Is Lourdes Castro Ramírez?