Baseball Players Begin to Speak Out against Arizona Immigration Law
Count professional baseball players and their union among the growing chorus speaking out against Arizona’s new immigration law. The law, which will require anyone stopped by law enforcement on suspicion of being an illegal immigrant to show proof of legal status or citizenship, has been criticized by numerous Major League Baseball (MLB) players of Hispanic origin, who make up nearly 28% of the players on MLB teams.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- California Doctors Will Have to Check Online Database Before Writing Opioid Prescriptions
- Controllers Will Begin Texting Pilots With Flight Information
- Checkpoint That Turned Up Eight Kilos of Cocaine Is Ruled Unconstitutional
- Labor Department Investigating Wells Fargo Worker Abuse
- Environmental Groups Criticize Changes to Endangered Species Act