Baseball Players Begin to Speak Out against Arizona Immigration Law
Count professional baseball players and their union among the growing chorus speaking out against Arizona’s new immigration law. The law, which will require anyone stopped by law enforcement on suspicion of being an illegal immigrant to show proof of legal status or citizenship, has been criticized by numerous Major League Baseball (MLB) players of Hispanic origin, who make up nearly 28% of the players on MLB teams.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Judge Clashes with Defense Dept. over Release of Abu Ghraib Photos
- Black Unemployment Rate is Twice that of White and Asian Unemployment Rates
- Appeals Court Rules Native American Skeletons Unearthed 38 Years Ago must be Returned to Tribes
- Federal Court Overturns Amish Hair and Beard Cutting Convictions
- Equatorial Guinea Ambassador Accused of Beating Daughter with Chair Leg