Baseball Players Begin to Speak Out against Arizona Immigration Law
Count professional baseball players and their union among the growing chorus speaking out against Arizona’s new immigration law. The law, which will require anyone stopped by law enforcement on suspicion of being an illegal immigrant to show proof of legal status or citizenship, has been criticized by numerous Major League Baseball (MLB) players of Hispanic origin, who make up nearly 28% of the players on MLB teams.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Secret Surveillance of Americans’ Mail Revealed to be Widespread with Lax Oversight
- MIT Releases Groundbreaking Report on Sexual Assaults on Its Campus
- Toxic Pesticides Banned in Other Countries Continue to be used in U.S.
- Outside Groups Pour $120 per Voter into Alaska Election…So Far
- In Wake of Snowden, FBI Investigates “Second Leaker” Working for U.S. Fed Contractor