Baseball Players Begin to Speak Out against Arizona Immigration Law
Count professional baseball players and their union among the growing chorus speaking out against Arizona’s new immigration law. The law, which will require anyone stopped by law enforcement on suspicion of being an illegal immigrant to show proof of legal status or citizenship, has been criticized by numerous Major League Baseball (MLB) players of Hispanic origin, who make up nearly 28% of the players on MLB teams.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Gov. Cuomo Bans Fracking in New York
- Obama Bans Oil Drilling in Alaskan Bay that Produces 40% of Wild-Caught Seafood in U.S.
- Federal Grand Jury Indicts Owners of Chemical Company that Contaminated West Virginia Water
- Education Dept. Approves Sale of Failing For-Profit Colleges to Debt Collection Company
- New Law School Enrollment Continues to Plunge…to 41-Year Low