Baseball Players Begin to Speak Out against Arizona Immigration Law
Count professional baseball players and their union among the growing chorus speaking out against Arizona’s new immigration law. The law, which will require anyone stopped by law enforcement on suspicion of being an illegal immigrant to show proof of legal status or citizenship, has been criticized by numerous Major League Baseball (MLB) players of Hispanic origin, who make up nearly 28% of the players on MLB teams.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. is One of Six Nations Named by Oxfam for Fueling Violence in Syria
- Moving Guantánamo Prisoners to Super-Max Prison in Colorado: Obama vs. Congress
- Painkiller Overdoses Kill More in Tennessee than Car Accidents or Guns
- VW Emissions-Cheating Cars Added 32 Million Tons of Extra Carbon Pollutants into Atmosphere
- Education Dept. Pours Money into Charter Grant Program that Doesn’t Work