Baseball Players Begin to Speak Out against Arizona Immigration Law
Count professional baseball players and their union among the growing chorus speaking out against Arizona’s new immigration law. The law, which will require anyone stopped by law enforcement on suspicion of being an illegal immigrant to show proof of legal status or citizenship, has been criticized by numerous Major League Baseball (MLB) players of Hispanic origin, who make up nearly 28% of the players on MLB teams.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- When Parents Die, Private Student Loans can Come Due
- Military Judge Orders Release of Information about CIA Torture at Secret Prison
- IRS Paid Bonuses to 1,100 Employees who Underpaid or Didn’t Pay Their Own Taxes
- Two-Thirds of Criminals Released from Prison are Rearrested within 3 Years
- Chinese Government Accused of Sending Spies to Universities in U.S. and Australia