Baseball Players Begin to Speak Out against Arizona Immigration Law
Count professional baseball players and their union among the growing chorus speaking out against Arizona’s new immigration law. The law, which will require anyone stopped by law enforcement on suspicion of being an illegal immigrant to show proof of legal status or citizenship, has been criticized by numerous Major League Baseball (MLB) players of Hispanic origin, who make up nearly 28% of the players on MLB teams.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Best Efforts Come up Short in America’s Battles against Obesity, Infections and Food Poisoning
- Trump’s Controversial Praise of Putin during Campaign May Have Been “Dog Whistle” to White Supremacists
- NYPD Secrecy on Police Disciplinary Records Challenged in Court
- Claim of Trump Interest in Taiwan Business Investment Followed Controversial Phone Call with Taiwanese Leader
- Science Panel Calls for Food Warning Labels to Clarify Allergy Risks