Baseball Players Begin to Speak Out against Arizona Immigration Law
Count professional baseball players and their union among the growing chorus speaking out against Arizona’s new immigration law. The law, which will require anyone stopped by law enforcement on suspicion of being an illegal immigrant to show proof of legal status or citizenship, has been criticized by numerous Major League Baseball (MLB) players of Hispanic origin, who make up nearly 28% of the players on MLB teams.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Why do Unaccompanied Minors Try to Come to the U.S.? They’re Fleeing Violence, Gangs and Poverty…and Looking for Family Members
- Hedge Funds Accused of Screwing Americans out of Billions of Dollars in Taxes
- Missouri the only State to Refuse to Maintain a Prescription Drug Database
- Beef Production Far Worse for the Environment than other Animal Products
- FBI Accused of Entrapping Muslims; ATF Accused of Entrapping Minorities