Baseball Players Begin to Speak Out against Arizona Immigration Law
Count professional baseball players and their union among the growing chorus speaking out against Arizona’s new immigration law. The law, which will require anyone stopped by law enforcement on suspicion of being an illegal immigrant to show proof of legal status or citizenship, has been criticized by numerous Major League Baseball (MLB) players of Hispanic origin, who make up nearly 28% of the players on MLB teams.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Obama Finally Puts an End to Unpopular Secure Communities Program
- U.S. Celebrates 500th “Targeted Killing” Since 2002: 3,674 Dead including 473 Civilians
- Are Justice Dept. Sting Operations Targeting Minorities?
- U.S. Ambassador to the Kyrgyzstan: Who Is Sheila Gwaltney?
- U.S. Ambassador to Latvia: Who Is Nancy Pettit?