Baseball Players Begin to Speak Out against Arizona Immigration Law
Count professional baseball players and their union among the growing chorus speaking out against Arizona’s new immigration law. The law, which will require anyone stopped by law enforcement on suspicion of being an illegal immigrant to show proof of legal status or citizenship, has been criticized by numerous Major League Baseball (MLB) players of Hispanic origin, who make up nearly 28% of the players on MLB teams.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Privacy of No Concern for Ted Cruz Mobile App in Campaign’s Massive Data Mining Operation
- Nation’s Science Teachers Found to Have Poor Grasp of Climate Change
- Flint Has Highest Rate of Vacant Homes in U.S., and Water Crisis May Exacerbate It
- NYPD Used Secretive Cell Phone Tracking Technology 1,000 times since '08
- Florida Legislature Calls for Convention on Congressional Term Limits