Baseball Players Begin to Speak Out against Arizona Immigration Law
Count professional baseball players and their union among the growing chorus speaking out against Arizona’s new immigration law. The law, which will require anyone stopped by law enforcement on suspicion of being an illegal immigrant to show proof of legal status or citizenship, has been criticized by numerous Major League Baseball (MLB) players of Hispanic origin, who make up nearly 28% of the players on MLB teams.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Treasury Dept. Ignores Fraud Charges and Awards Comerica 5 more Years of Providing Benefit Cards to Elderly and Disabled
- In House of Representatives, Republicans Remain the White Man Party
- Deadly Form of Black Lung Rises to 40-Year High
- Vermont City Achieves All-Renewable Energy
- In Population Shift, Majority of Adult Americans are now Single