20% of Our Genes are Already Patented by Private Companies
One-fifth of the human genome is currently controlled by companies that have received patents issued by the U.S. government. More than 40,000 gene patents have been awarded to biotechnology businesses, with even more on the way, what with three million gene patent applications having been filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- In Post-9/11 World, Has U.S. Failed to Address the Rise of Non-Islamic Terrorism?
- FBI Admits Elite Forensic Unit Gave “Flawed” Testimony in almost every Hair Analysis Case
- Why is IBM Helping Chinese Communists Bypass U.S. Products?
- Encouraging Arabs and other Muslims to Kill each other is Good for U.S. Weapons Industry
- Putting Immigrants in Prison is Profitable…if You’re the Corporations CCA and GEO