15 Biggest Imports from Mexico
Now that President Donald Trump has announced that he wants to pay for his border wall by adding a 20% tax to all imports from Mexico, it is worth taking a look at what those imports are. Here are the 15 biggest in dollar amounts, using the final figures from 2015.
1. Miscellaneous parts and accessories for vehicles—$42.9 billion
2. Trucks, buses and other special purpose vehicles—$29.1 billion
3. Passenger cars—$23.4 billion
4. Computers—$15.4 billion
5. Telecommunications equipment—$14.3 billion
6. Electric apparatus—$12.6 billion
7. Televisions and video equipment—$12.5 billion
8. Crude oil—$12.5 billion
9. Engines and engine parts (carburetors, pistons, rings, and valves)—$9.4 billion
10. Household appliances—$7.2 billion
11. Medicinal equipment—$6.7 billion
12. Miscellaneous industrial machines—$6.6 billion
13. Vegetables—$5.7 billion
14. Fruits and frozen juices—$5.4 billion
15. Generators, accessories—$5.4 billion
To learn more:
U.S. Imports from Mexico 2006 - 2015 (United States Census Bureau)
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Acting Solicitor General: Who Is Noel Francisco?
- Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legal Counsel: Who Is Steven A. Engel?
- Secretary of the Navy: Who Is Philip Bilden?
- Director of the United States Attorneys: Who is Monty Wilkinson?
- Chief of U.S. Border Patrol: Who Is Ron Vitiello?