Voters Sue Florida over Misleading Ballot Language
Four individuals are suing the Florida Department of State over the choice of language in a ballot summary for the November election. At issue is the description of Amendment 9, which was put on the ballot by state lawmakers unhappy with the federal health care reform law.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Because Homeland Security Allows Chemical Plants to Self-Report Toxic Releases, 44% are Wrong
- 700,000 U.S. Seniors Owe $18 Billion in Student Debt; Fed Taps Retirees’ Social Security Checks
- Prosecutions of White-Collar Crimes Drop to Lowest in at Least 20 Years
- As Economy Improves, Army has Trouble Meeting Recruiting Goals…and so Does FBI
- Bureau of Prisons Agrees to Recognize Humanism as a Religion, Darwin Day as a Holiday