TVA Failed to Investigate Practices That Led to Kingston Spill
Not only did its officials ignore warnings about dam safety, but the Tennessee Valley Authority also tried to bury a study revealing the cause of the massive coal ash spill last December 22 near Knoxville. Things had deteriorated so badly at the TVA that its leader, CEO and President Tom Kilgore, admitted to lawmakers at a congressional hearing that the nation’s largest utility has a “larger cultural problem” it needs to address.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- $40 Billion Worth of Contracts for Guns and Ammunition Issued by Pentagon since 9/11
- N. Carolina Republicans Accused of Filing Election Rules that Suppress Black Vote as Overturned Election Law Did
- 23% of Plants Sold at U.S. Retail Outlets are treated with Pesticides that Kill Bees
- Heart Implant Devices Can Be Hacked to Steal Data or Harm Patients, Claims Lawsuit
- Arizona County’s Plan to Destroy Primary Electronic Voting Records Challenged in Court