TVA Failed to Investigate Practices That Led to Kingston Spill
Not only did its officials ignore warnings about dam safety, but the Tennessee Valley Authority also tried to bury a study revealing the cause of the massive coal ash spill last December 22 near Knoxville. Things had deteriorated so badly at the TVA that its leader, CEO and President Tom Kilgore, admitted to lawmakers at a congressional hearing that the nation’s largest utility has a “larger cultural problem” it needs to address.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. Drug Defendants Often Coerced into Pleading Guilty
- 18 Unregulated Chemicals Found in a Third of U.S. Water Utilities Tested
- Big U.S. Firms on Board to Pay Carbon Fees, Signaling another Republican Party Rift
- America’s Public Libraries take on the NSA
- New York’s Russian Diplomats Used Medicaid to Pay for Dozens of Childbirths