TVA Failed to Investigate Practices That Led to Kingston Spill
Not only did its officials ignore warnings about dam safety, but the Tennessee Valley Authority also tried to bury a study revealing the cause of the massive coal ash spill last December 22 near Knoxville. Things had deteriorated so badly at the TVA that its leader, CEO and President Tom Kilgore, admitted to lawmakers at a congressional hearing that the nation’s largest utility has a “larger cultural problem” it needs to address.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Gov. Cuomo Bans Fracking in New York
- Obama Bans Oil Drilling in Alaskan Bay that Produces 40% of Wild-Caught Seafood in U.S.
- Federal Grand Jury Indicts Owners of Chemical Company that Contaminated West Virginia Water
- Education Dept. Approves Sale of Failing For-Profit Colleges to Debt Collection Company
- New Law School Enrollment Continues to Plunge…to 41-Year Low