TVA Failed to Investigate Practices That Led to Kingston Spill
Not only did its officials ignore warnings about dam safety, but the Tennessee Valley Authority also tried to bury a study revealing the cause of the massive coal ash spill last December 22 near Knoxville. Things had deteriorated so badly at the TVA that its leader, CEO and President Tom Kilgore, admitted to lawmakers at a congressional hearing that the nation’s largest utility has a “larger cultural problem” it needs to address.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Facebook Expands Political Footprint, Eyeing Major Role in 2016 Presidential Campaigns
- 50 Years since Passage of Voting Rights Act … and Birth of the Campaign to Reverse It
- U.S. Maneuver on Malaysia Human Rights Rating and Big Pharma Terms among Concerns in TPP Trade Talks
- To Bar Abortion, Alabama Appoints Lawyer for Fetus, Strips Incarcerated Mother of Parental Rights
- Bostonians Torn Over Olympics that Might Have Been: Deep Regret or Sigh of Relief?