TVA Failed to Investigate Practices That Led to Kingston Spill
Not only did its officials ignore warnings about dam safety, but the Tennessee Valley Authority also tried to bury a study revealing the cause of the massive coal ash spill last December 22 near Knoxville. Things had deteriorated so badly at the TVA that its leader, CEO and President Tom Kilgore, admitted to lawmakers at a congressional hearing that the nation’s largest utility has a “larger cultural problem” it needs to address.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- For the Bottom 90% of Americans, Financial Security is Slipping Away
- U.S. Wasted $7.6 Billion to Fight Poppy Cultivation in Afghanistan…Which is Now at an All-Time High
- 2.4 Million U.S. Financial Records a Day Stolen by Hackers in Last 6 Months
- Senators Coburn and Lee Fight to Halt Creation of a Women’s History Museum
- In a Reversal, Rwanda Screens Air Passengers Arriving from U.S. for Ebola