TVA Failed to Investigate Practices That Led to Kingston Spill
Not only did its officials ignore warnings about dam safety, but the Tennessee Valley Authority also tried to bury a study revealing the cause of the massive coal ash spill last December 22 near Knoxville. Things had deteriorated so badly at the TVA that its leader, CEO and President Tom Kilgore, admitted to lawmakers at a congressional hearing that the nation’s largest utility has a “larger cultural problem” it needs to address.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- NSA’s Chief Technical Officer Cleared to Moonlight for Private Firm Founded by Former NSA Director Keith Alexander
- Report Shows Voter ID Laws Cut Participation in 2012 Election in Kansas and Tennessee
- The Key to U.S. Income Statistics: Average Family Income is Growing; Median Family Income is Falling
- Honda Accused of Hiding Death and Injury Claims
- Acting Director of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: Who Is David Friedman?