TVA Failed to Investigate Practices That Led to Kingston Spill
Not only did its officials ignore warnings about dam safety, but the Tennessee Valley Authority also tried to bury a study revealing the cause of the massive coal ash spill last December 22 near Knoxville. Things had deteriorated so badly at the TVA that its leader, CEO and President Tom Kilgore, admitted to lawmakers at a congressional hearing that the nation’s largest utility has a “larger cultural problem” it needs to address.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- With 400,000 Items in Storage, Overwhelmed Park Service Seeks to Limit Mementos Left at Vietnam Memorial Wall
- Registered Drone Operators Outnumber Registered Planes in U.S.
- It’s Not Just Flint: Water Supplies in many U.S. Cities are Contaminated by Lead
- NSA to Merge Offensive and Defensive Hacking Operations, Counter to Advice of Presidential Panel
- Republican Lawmakers Take Heat for Rejecting Obama’s Final Budget Sight Unseen