TVA Failed to Investigate Practices That Led to Kingston Spill
Not only did its officials ignore warnings about dam safety, but the Tennessee Valley Authority also tried to bury a study revealing the cause of the massive coal ash spill last December 22 near Knoxville. Things had deteriorated so badly at the TVA that its leader, CEO and President Tom Kilgore, admitted to lawmakers at a congressional hearing that the nation’s largest utility has a “larger cultural problem” it needs to address.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Immigration Service Sued after Trying to Deport Legal Immigrant because of its own Bungled Paperwork
- There are now more Spanish Speakers in U.S. than in Spain
- Remote U.S. Research Center Converts to 95% Renewable Energy
- State Abortion Restriction Laws have Averaged almost One a Week Since 2010
- Coal Industry Congressman wants Companies to Pay Less in Royalties to U.S.