TVA Failed to Investigate Practices That Led to Kingston Spill
Not only did its officials ignore warnings about dam safety, but the Tennessee Valley Authority also tried to bury a study revealing the cause of the massive coal ash spill last December 22 near Knoxville. Things had deteriorated so badly at the TVA that its leader, CEO and President Tom Kilgore, admitted to lawmakers at a congressional hearing that the nation’s largest utility has a “larger cultural problem” it needs to address.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Outside Political Money Groups Seen as “Shadow Party” that Supplants the Candidates Themselves
- $730 Million in Back Taxes Owed by U.S. Defense Workers with Security Clearances Viewed as Posing Risk
- Thousands of U.S. Weapons Provided to Afghan Forces Are Unaccounted For
- Mystery Surrounds U.S. Justice Department Move to Wrap Anti-Iran Group in Shroud of Secrecy
- Lack of Federal Policy for Paid Maternity Leave May Contribute to Decline of Women in U.S. Workforce