TVA Failed to Investigate Practices That Led to Kingston Spill
Not only did its officials ignore warnings about dam safety, but the Tennessee Valley Authority also tried to bury a study revealing the cause of the massive coal ash spill last December 22 near Knoxville. Things had deteriorated so badly at the TVA that its leader, CEO and President Tom Kilgore, admitted to lawmakers at a congressional hearing that the nation’s largest utility has a “larger cultural problem” it needs to address.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Nebraska becomes First Conservative State in 42 Years to Abolish Death Penalty
- 48 Years after it was Supposed to Desegregate, Louisiana School District is Given 3 more Years of Federal Supervision
- U.S. Courts Struggle with Case of Border Patrol Agent who Shot to Death a Teenager on the other Side of the Border
- If Non-Human Corporations can be Protected by Habeas Corpus, Why can’t Chimpanzees?
- Majority of Americans Now Believe that Pre-Marital Sex is Acceptable