TVA Failed to Investigate Practices That Led to Kingston Spill
Not only did its officials ignore warnings about dam safety, but the Tennessee Valley Authority also tried to bury a study revealing the cause of the massive coal ash spill last December 22 near Knoxville. Things had deteriorated so badly at the TVA that its leader, CEO and President Tom Kilgore, admitted to lawmakers at a congressional hearing that the nation’s largest utility has a “larger cultural problem” it needs to address.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Smartphone Users Tracked by Apps an Average of every Three Minutes
- Through Medicare, Taxpayers Spent $4.5 Billion Last Year on New Hepatitis C Drugs…but they Work
- Citizens’ Growing Protests against Border Patrol Checkpoints Inside the U.S.
- Alabama Judges Override Juries and Order Death Sentences…if There’s an Election Coming Up
- All-Time Highest Temperature Recorded in Antarctica