Scientists Claim Obama Administration Tried to Control Oil Spill Reports
Only weeks after BP’s undersea well began spewing oil into the Gulf of Mexico, scientists from two universities conducted early studies revealing that large amounts of oil were accumulating at the bottom of the ocean. But the U.S. Coast Guard and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) not only showed no interest in the findings, but told the researchers to keep their information to themselves.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Consumer Reports Testing Finds All Beef Shows Signs of Fecal Contamination
- U.S. Spy Agencies Agree to Warn Possible Victims of Attacks and Kidnapping
- Only 3 of 116 Remaining Guantánamo Prisoners were Captured by Americans…and 52 Have Already been Cleared for Release
- Mississippi and Idaho only States without Laws Forbidding Unwanted Sexual Touching
- Improved Economy Leads to more Gridlock as D.C. Passes Los Angeles for Worst Traffic