Scientists Claim Obama Administration Tried to Control Oil Spill Reports
Only weeks after BP’s undersea well began spewing oil into the Gulf of Mexico, scientists from two universities conducted early studies revealing that large amounts of oil were accumulating at the bottom of the ocean. But the U.S. Coast Guard and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) not only showed no interest in the findings, but told the researchers to keep their information to themselves.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. Psychologists Group, Linked to Bush-Era Torture Program, May Prohibit Role in Future Interrogations
- More Millennials Living at Home with Parents, Even as Job Market Improves
- Chimps Don’t Have the Same Legal Rights as People, Judge Rules
- Environmentalists Sue to Block California’s Suspiciously Rosy Fracking Report
- Director of the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation: Who Is W. Thomas Reeder?