Scientists Claim Obama Administration Tried to Control Oil Spill Reports
Only weeks after BP’s undersea well began spewing oil into the Gulf of Mexico, scientists from two universities conducted early studies revealing that large amounts of oil were accumulating at the bottom of the ocean. But the U.S. Coast Guard and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) not only showed no interest in the findings, but told the researchers to keep their information to themselves.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Idaho Nurse’s Lawsuit against Bulk Collection of Phone Records Gains Supporters
- Appeals Court Ruling Challenges Legitimacy of Military Commissions For Guantánamo Prisoners
- Federal Grand Jury Indicts FedEx for Conspiring to Deliver Illegal Drugs (No Officials Charged)
- VA Cemetery Chief Retires One Month before Publication of Report Exposing his Prohibited Personnel Practices
- Secretary of Veterans Affairs: Who Is Bob McDonald?