Scientists Claim Obama Administration Tried to Control Oil Spill Reports
Only weeks after BP’s undersea well began spewing oil into the Gulf of Mexico, scientists from two universities conducted early studies revealing that large amounts of oil were accumulating at the bottom of the ocean. But the U.S. Coast Guard and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) not only showed no interest in the findings, but told the researchers to keep their information to themselves.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Bush-Era Drug Enforcement Agents Held Sex Parties Funded by Colombian Drug Cartels
- Chemical Safety Chairman Resigns: Who Is Rafael Moure-Eraso?
- Displaced by Nuclear Bomb Testing and then Flooded by Climate Change, Bikini Islanders want to Evacuate to U.S.
- Supreme Court Votes 5-4 that Alabama’s Redistricting is Unfair to Black Voters
- Director of the Institute of Museum and Library Services: Who Is Kathryn “Kit” Matthew?