Scientists Claim Obama Administration Tried to Control Oil Spill Reports
Only weeks after BP’s undersea well began spewing oil into the Gulf of Mexico, scientists from two universities conducted early studies revealing that large amounts of oil were accumulating at the bottom of the ocean. But the U.S. Coast Guard and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) not only showed no interest in the findings, but told the researchers to keep their information to themselves.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Chemical Safety Board Accuses ATF of Interfering with Probe of Texas Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- U.S. Energy Grid under Attack
- Texas Bill Allows Police to Seize Guns from People in “Mental Crisis”
- 4 States Pass Laws Hiding Names of Suppliers of Death Penalty Drugs
- Federal Government Charges Researchers with Using U.S. Grant to Help Chinese Commercial Spying