Scientists Claim Obama Administration Tried to Control Oil Spill Reports
Only weeks after BP’s undersea well began spewing oil into the Gulf of Mexico, scientists from two universities conducted early studies revealing that large amounts of oil were accumulating at the bottom of the ocean. But the U.S. Coast Guard and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) not only showed no interest in the findings, but told the researchers to keep their information to themselves.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. Unlikely to Meet 2025 Goal to Cut Carbon Pollution
- Court Says Ohio Purge of Voter Rolls Is Illegal
- Half a Million U.S. Homes Lack Proper Plumbing
- More Than a Third of Calls to Vets’ Suicide Hotline Roll Over
- Justice Department Announces $20 Million Grant for Body Cameras