Scientists Claim Obama Administration Tried to Control Oil Spill Reports
Only weeks after BP’s undersea well began spewing oil into the Gulf of Mexico, scientists from two universities conducted early studies revealing that large amounts of oil were accumulating at the bottom of the ocean. But the U.S. Coast Guard and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) not only showed no interest in the findings, but told the researchers to keep their information to themselves.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Justice Department to Ban Religious, Ethnic and Sexual Profiling by Federal Law Enforcement
- Big Tobacco’s Dire Health Warnings on E-Cigarette Packs Seen as Cynical Marketing Strategy
- Will Billing Rape Victims Thousands of Dollars for Medical Exams in Louisiana Finally Come to an End?
- Judicial Appointees of Obama and Clinton to Weigh in on Restrictive North Carolina Voting Law
- Amazon under Increasing Fire from Authors over Alleged Monopolistic E-Book Tactics