Oklahoma Police Taser Bedridden 86-Year-Old Woman
Bedridden and on oxygen, Lona Varner of El Reno, Oklahoma, was zapped by police using Taser guns after she acted in an “aggressive” manner in her bed. Officers showed up at Varner’s residence after her grandson, Lonnie Tinsley, called 911 seeking medical assistance for his grandmother. But instead of helping the 86-year-old woman, police officers Thomas Duran and Joseph Sandberg Tasered her, causing her to pass out. “Don’t Taze my granny!” Tinsley says he shouted at the officers, who also are accused of stepping on Varner’s oxygen hose.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Pentagon Revises Rules on Dealing With Journalists
- Guantánamo Defense Attorney Wants Tribunal Site Tested for Toxic Chemicals
- Woodstock Producers Say Republicans Stole Their Logo for Convention
- Justice Department Says Town Discriminated Against Muslims
- New York Solar Project Would Result in Destruction of 350 Acres of Trees