Oklahoma Police Taser Bedridden 86-Year-Old Woman
Bedridden and on oxygen, Lona Varner of El Reno, Oklahoma, was zapped by police using Taser guns after she acted in an “aggressive” manner in her bed. Officers showed up at Varner’s residence after her grandson, Lonnie Tinsley, called 911 seeking medical assistance for his grandmother. But instead of helping the 86-year-old woman, police officers Thomas Duran and Joseph Sandberg Tasered her, causing her to pass out. “Don’t Taze my granny!” Tinsley says he shouted at the officers, who also are accused of stepping on Varner’s oxygen hose.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- No Criminal Punishment for U.S. Military Personnel in Afghan Hospital Bombing
- Obama Will Ban Questions on Criminal History for Some Government Jobs
- Fake News Story May Have Broken Rules, FBI Report Says
- Armed Services Committee Votes to Require Women to Register for the Draft
- Native Americans’ Access to Health Care Difficult to Measure