Oklahoma Police Taser Bedridden 86-Year-Old Woman
Bedridden and on oxygen, Lona Varner of El Reno, Oklahoma, was zapped by police using Taser guns after she acted in an “aggressive” manner in her bed. Officers showed up at Varner’s residence after her grandson, Lonnie Tinsley, called 911 seeking medical assistance for his grandmother. But instead of helping the 86-year-old woman, police officers Thomas Duran and Joseph Sandberg Tasered her, causing her to pass out. “Don’t Taze my granny!” Tinsley says he shouted at the officers, who also are accused of stepping on Varner’s oxygen hose.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Lowering Corporate Tax Rate Unlikely to Create More Jobs
- V.A. Doctors Renewed Opiate Painkillers for Patients They Never Saw
- Homeland Security Failed to Follow Its Own Cyber-Security Protections
- Civilian Afghan Deaths from U.S. Drone Strikes Continue to Build Hatred of U.S.
- Group Sues to Provide Legal Rights for Non-Humans