New York City Police Accused of Arrest Quotas and Doctoring Figures
Two separate media sources have turned up accusations of New York City police using quotas to make arrests or manipulating records to show crime has gone down. WABC-TV interviewed police officer Adil Polanco, who said precinct commanders have pressured cops to make more arrests and give out more summonses.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Coordinator of the Bureau of International Information Programs: Who is Macon Phillips?
- Acting Under Secretary of the Veterans Benefits Administration: Who Is Tom Murphy?
- Director of the American Institute in Taiwan: Who is Kin Moy?
- Acting Under Secretary of the National Cemetery Administration: Who Is Ronald Walters?
- Acting Assistant Secretary of the Research and Innovative Technology Administration: Who Is Sophie Shulman?