Max Baucus, the Senator from Wellpoint
Conducting the nation’s business on Capitol Hill involves more than just the members of Congress. Behind every senator and representative are staffers upon whom lawmakers rely heavily to make decisions on important issues, such health care reform. In the Senate, one of the most important members is Senator Max Baucus (D-MT), chair of the Senate Finance Committee, which passed the reform plan on Tuesday. Helping Baucus craft the plan is Liz Fowler, the committee’s senior lawyer—and former vice president of public policy for WellPoint, the nation’s largest health insurance company.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Chicago Police Accused of Running Secret Interrogation Center
- “What the Drilling Industry has Bought and Paid for in Campaign Contributions they shall Receive.”
- Why is Congress Turning over Public Lands to Foreign Copper Mine Companies?
- Oakland VA Lost Thousands of Veterans Claims, Found Them, and Then Lost Them Again
- Is it Time for Americans who Earn more than $118,500 a Year to Pay more into Social Security?