Max Baucus, the Senator from Wellpoint
Conducting the nation’s business on Capitol Hill involves more than just the members of Congress. Behind every senator and representative are staffers upon whom lawmakers rely heavily to make decisions on important issues, such health care reform. In the Senate, one of the most important members is Senator Max Baucus (D-MT), chair of the Senate Finance Committee, which passed the reform plan on Tuesday. Helping Baucus craft the plan is Liz Fowler, the committee’s senior lawyer—and former vice president of public policy for WellPoint, the nation’s largest health insurance company.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- President-CEO of the Inter-American Foundation: Who Is Robert Kaplan?
- Executive Director of the U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness: Who Is Matthew Doherty?
- Co-Chair of the President's Intelligence Advisory Board: Who is Shirley Ann Jackson?
- Managing Director of the Council on Environmental Quality: Who Is Christy Goldfuss?
- Executive Director of the Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships: Who Is Melissa Rogers?