Max Baucus, the Senator from Wellpoint
Conducting the nation’s business on Capitol Hill involves more than just the members of Congress. Behind every senator and representative are staffers upon whom lawmakers rely heavily to make decisions on important issues, such health care reform. In the Senate, one of the most important members is Senator Max Baucus (D-MT), chair of the Senate Finance Committee, which passed the reform plan on Tuesday. Helping Baucus craft the plan is Liz Fowler, the committee’s senior lawyer—and former vice president of public policy for WellPoint, the nation’s largest health insurance company.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- The Lawsuit that could Eliminate Healthcare Subsidies for 13 Million Americans
- In a Classic Friday Afternoon News Release, Republican-Controlled House Intelligence Committee Admits No Wrongdoing by Pentagon and CIA in Benghazi
- President Ronald Reagan on Illegal Immigrants: Just the Facts
- Is Chinese Takeover of Waldorf Astoria Hotel a Threat to National Security?
- What Does Jeb Bush do for a Living?