Max Baucus, the Senator from Wellpoint
Conducting the nation’s business on Capitol Hill involves more than just the members of Congress. Behind every senator and representative are staffers upon whom lawmakers rely heavily to make decisions on important issues, such health care reform. In the Senate, one of the most important members is Senator Max Baucus (D-MT), chair of the Senate Finance Committee, which passed the reform plan on Tuesday. Helping Baucus craft the plan is Liz Fowler, the committee’s senior lawyer—and former vice president of public policy for WellPoint, the nation’s largest health insurance company.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Director of the Minority Business Development Agency: Who Is Alejandra Castillo?
- Is Prosecution or Rehabilitation the Better Response to Home-Grown Terrorist Recruits?
- Biggest, Oldest Trees Most Likely to Succumb to Global Warming; Small Plants May be Spared
- Capitol Police Ordered to Get More Training after Leaving Guns in Public Restrooms
- Director of the Transportation Security Administration: Who Is Peter Neffenger?