Max Baucus, the Senator from Wellpoint
Conducting the nation’s business on Capitol Hill involves more than just the members of Congress. Behind every senator and representative are staffers upon whom lawmakers rely heavily to make decisions on important issues, such health care reform. In the Senate, one of the most important members is Senator Max Baucus (D-MT), chair of the Senate Finance Committee, which passed the reform plan on Tuesday. Helping Baucus craft the plan is Liz Fowler, the committee’s senior lawyer—and former vice president of public policy for WellPoint, the nation’s largest health insurance company.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- 4.6 Million American Children go to a School within a Mile of a Facility with Hazardous Chemicals
- Offshore Tax Havens Cost U.S. $184 Billion in Revenue Every Year
- Buy Cheerios, Wheaties or any other General Mills Product and You Give up the Right to Sue over False Advertising, Mislabeling…or Anything Else
- Karl Rove’s Crossroads Non-Profit at the Heart of IRS Targeting and Election Commission Clashes
- Portland Dumps Millions of Gallons of Drinking Water after Young Man Urinates in Reservoir…Again