Max Baucus, the Senator from Wellpoint
Conducting the nation’s business on Capitol Hill involves more than just the members of Congress. Behind every senator and representative are staffers upon whom lawmakers rely heavily to make decisions on important issues, such health care reform. In the Senate, one of the most important members is Senator Max Baucus (D-MT), chair of the Senate Finance Committee, which passed the reform plan on Tuesday. Helping Baucus craft the plan is Liz Fowler, the committee’s senior lawyer—and former vice president of public policy for WellPoint, the nation’s largest health insurance company.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Intelligence Contractors Give Millions to Congressional Oversight Members
- Major Tech Firms, Fearing Loss of Profits, Call for Reform of Government Surveillance; Obama Hedges
- Obscure Government Agency Brings Criminal Charges against 107 Bankers, but Stays Clear of Wall Street
- Obama Administration Accused of Cherry-Picking Intelligence on Syrian Chemical Weapons
- Colorado Town Drafts Ordinance Allowing Citizens to Shoot down Drones