Max Baucus, the Senator from Wellpoint
Conducting the nation’s business on Capitol Hill involves more than just the members of Congress. Behind every senator and representative are staffers upon whom lawmakers rely heavily to make decisions on important issues, such health care reform. In the Senate, one of the most important members is Senator Max Baucus (D-MT), chair of the Senate Finance Committee, which passed the reform plan on Tuesday. Helping Baucus craft the plan is Liz Fowler, the committee’s senior lawyer—and former vice president of public policy for WellPoint, the nation’s largest health insurance company.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Expensive New Hepatitis C Medicine, Seen as Harbinger of Specialty Drugs to Come, Poses Challenge to Health Care System
- Members of U.S. Military Subjected to Aggressive Collection Tactics of Litigious Loan Operation
- Patient Privacy Laws Misapplied to Protect Health Centers, Not Patients
- Most Migrant Children from Central America Released to U.S. Relatives, Often via Chaotic Air Travel
- For Weddings in Colorado and Washington State, Marijuana is Often the Key to Tying the Knot