Max Baucus, the Senator from Wellpoint
Conducting the nation’s business on Capitol Hill involves more than just the members of Congress. Behind every senator and representative are staffers upon whom lawmakers rely heavily to make decisions on important issues, such health care reform. In the Senate, one of the most important members is Senator Max Baucus (D-MT), chair of the Senate Finance Committee, which passed the reform plan on Tuesday. Helping Baucus craft the plan is Liz Fowler, the committee’s senior lawyer—and former vice president of public policy for WellPoint, the nation’s largest health insurance company.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Connecticut Oversight Agencies Failed to Investigate Years of Abuse and Neglect in Group Homes for Disabled
- 44% of Americans Over 50 Plan to Take Social Security before Retirement Age
- Senate Republicans Block Obama Rule Protecting Retirement Investment Clients from Financial Advisers
- U.S. Government Ignored Wind Farm’s Adverse Impact on Endangered Sage Grouse, Court Rules
- Belize’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Pat Andrews?