Max Baucus, the Senator from Wellpoint
Conducting the nation’s business on Capitol Hill involves more than just the members of Congress. Behind every senator and representative are staffers upon whom lawmakers rely heavily to make decisions on important issues, such health care reform. In the Senate, one of the most important members is Senator Max Baucus (D-MT), chair of the Senate Finance Committee, which passed the reform plan on Tuesday. Helping Baucus craft the plan is Liz Fowler, the committee’s senior lawyer—and former vice president of public policy for WellPoint, the nation’s largest health insurance company.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Alabama, a Voter ID State, Closes Driver License Offices in Heavily Democratic Counties
- Somalia Ratifies Rights of Children Treaty, Leaving United States as only Holdou
- Buying Their Way into State Dinner in Honor of Chinese President
- Percentage of Americans Working or Looking for Work Hits 38-Year Low
- U.S. Ambassador to Bulgaria: Who Is Eric Rubin?