Max Baucus, the Senator from Wellpoint
Conducting the nation’s business on Capitol Hill involves more than just the members of Congress. Behind every senator and representative are staffers upon whom lawmakers rely heavily to make decisions on important issues, such health care reform. In the Senate, one of the most important members is Senator Max Baucus (D-MT), chair of the Senate Finance Committee, which passed the reform plan on Tuesday. Helping Baucus craft the plan is Liz Fowler, the committee’s senior lawyer—and former vice president of public policy for WellPoint, the nation’s largest health insurance company.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Registered Drone Operators Outnumber Registered Planes in U.S.
- It’s Not Just Flint: Water Supplies in many U.S. Cities are Contaminated by Lead
- NSA to Merge Offensive and Defensive Hacking Operations, Counter to Advice of Presidential Panel
- Republican Lawmakers Take Heat for Rejecting Obama’s Final Budget Sight Unseen
- 8 States See Big Drop in Number of People without Health Insurance