Max Baucus, the Senator from Wellpoint
Conducting the nation’s business on Capitol Hill involves more than just the members of Congress. Behind every senator and representative are staffers upon whom lawmakers rely heavily to make decisions on important issues, such health care reform. In the Senate, one of the most important members is Senator Max Baucus (D-MT), chair of the Senate Finance Committee, which passed the reform plan on Tuesday. Helping Baucus craft the plan is Liz Fowler, the committee’s senior lawyer—and former vice president of public policy for WellPoint, the nation’s largest health insurance company.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Is Washington Using the Ukraine Crisis to Push Natural Gas Exports to Asia?
- CIA Spied on Senate Committee Investigating CIA
- U.S. Geological Survey Calls Oklahoma Quake the Largest “Human-Induced” Earthquake on Record
- Democratic and Republican Presidents Agree…U.N. Human Rights Treaty Doesn’t Apply to Americans
- Kansas Supreme Court Declares State Government’s Funding of Education Unequal and Unconstitutional