Max Baucus, the Senator from Wellpoint
Conducting the nation’s business on Capitol Hill involves more than just the members of Congress. Behind every senator and representative are staffers upon whom lawmakers rely heavily to make decisions on important issues, such health care reform. In the Senate, one of the most important members is Senator Max Baucus (D-MT), chair of the Senate Finance Committee, which passed the reform plan on Tuesday. Helping Baucus craft the plan is Liz Fowler, the committee’s senior lawyer—and former vice president of public policy for WellPoint, the nation’s largest health insurance company.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Secret Trade Pact would Allow Foreign Corporations to Sue U.S. for Damaging Investment “Expectations”
- Army Apologizes to Iraq Service Members and Promises to Screen more than 1,500 for Possible Chemical Weapons Exposure
- Bipartisan House Bill would Repeal Patriot Act and Ban Mass Surveillance of Americans
- Why is Time-Warner Allowed to Collect Royalties on “Happy Birthday to You”?
- Rare Caribou Win Reprieve against Snowmobilers