Max Baucus, the Senator from Wellpoint
Conducting the nation’s business on Capitol Hill involves more than just the members of Congress. Behind every senator and representative are staffers upon whom lawmakers rely heavily to make decisions on important issues, such health care reform. In the Senate, one of the most important members is Senator Max Baucus (D-MT), chair of the Senate Finance Committee, which passed the reform plan on Tuesday. Helping Baucus craft the plan is Liz Fowler, the committee’s senior lawyer—and former vice president of public policy for WellPoint, the nation’s largest health insurance company.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Blackwater Employees Convicted of Murder of 14 Iraqis
- 50% Increase in U.S. Cities Advancing Laws to Restrict the Sharing of Food with Homeless People
- Judge Gives Obama Administration until December to Justify Withholding 2,100 Photos of U.S. Use of Torture in Iraq and Afghanistan
- More Evidence that TV Ads in Judicial Elections Lead to Less Sympathy for Defendants back in the Courtroom
- Police Beating Victim Wins $1,000 Settlement…His Lawyers Get $459,000