Lower the Voting Age to 17: Nancy Lublin
Whereas many see 17-year-olds as lazy, apathetic or disengaged, Nancy Lublin sees them as individuals who deserve the right to vote. The CEO of the youth-oriented non-profit DoSomething.org argues the negative labels placed on this age group are unfair, and do not “represent this generation at large,” which she finds to be “outspoken, informed, mature and wired.”
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Biggest Dark Money Spender in 2014 Elections: U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Burundi, Rwanda and Nicaragua among Nations Ranked Ahead of U.S. on Equality for Women
- Stonewalling in Georgia: As Election Day Nears, Judge Refuses to Force Secretary of State to Process 40,000 Missing Voter Registrations
- Media Credibility Threatened by FBI Falsification of AP News Story to Locate Bomb Suspect
- Fast-Food Workers Earn $20 an Hour plus Benefits…in Denmark. Why Not in U.S.?