Lower the Voting Age to 17: Nancy Lublin
Whereas many see 17-year-olds as lazy, apathetic or disengaged, Nancy Lublin sees them as individuals who deserve the right to vote. The CEO of the youth-oriented non-profit DoSomething.org argues the negative labels placed on this age group are unfair, and do not “represent this generation at large,” which she finds to be “outspoken, informed, mature and wired.”
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Obama Orders U.S. Troops in Afghanistan to Keep Fighting for a 14th Year
- Supreme Court to Decide if Violent Threats on Facebook are Free Speech or Criminal Acts
- Goldman Sachs Gets Harsh Words but Open Pockets from Congressional Subcommittees
- Obama Justice Dept. Insists Details of Anti-Iran Campaign are so Secret they won’t Say Why It’s Secret
- Is Volleyball a Threat to Islamic Extremists?