Lower the Voting Age to 17: Nancy Lublin
Whereas many see 17-year-olds as lazy, apathetic or disengaged, Nancy Lublin sees them as individuals who deserve the right to vote. The CEO of the youth-oriented non-profit DoSomething.org argues the negative labels placed on this age group are unfair, and do not “represent this generation at large,” which she finds to be “outspoken, informed, mature and wired.”
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- EPA Declines to Classify Coal Ash as Hazardous Waste
- Congress Ends 35-Year Ban on Abortion Coverage for Peace Corps Volunteers
- South Carolina Judge Voids Murder Conviction of 14-Year-Old…70 Years after he was Executed
- Costa Rica’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Román Macaya?
- Panama’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Emanuel González-Revilla?