Lower the Voting Age to 17: Nancy Lublin
Whereas many see 17-year-olds as lazy, apathetic or disengaged, Nancy Lublin sees them as individuals who deserve the right to vote. The CEO of the youth-oriented non-profit DoSomething.org argues the negative labels placed on this age group are unfair, and do not “represent this generation at large,” which she finds to be “outspoken, informed, mature and wired.”
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- When Counting How Many People are Killed by Police, Online Databases do a far better Job than the U.S. Government
- Texas County Clerk becomes Focus of Movement to Refuse Same-Sex Marriage Licenses
- U.S. Government is Still Funding Dubious Abstinence-Only Sex Education Program
- Is Dramatic Increase in Number of Jailed Americans a Warped Version of Job Creation?
- Maryland Court Rules that Police Disciplinary Records can be Hidden from the Public