Lower the Voting Age to 17: Nancy Lublin
Whereas many see 17-year-olds as lazy, apathetic or disengaged, Nancy Lublin sees them as individuals who deserve the right to vote. The CEO of the youth-oriented non-profit DoSomething.org argues the negative labels placed on this age group are unfair, and do not “represent this generation at large,” which she finds to be “outspoken, informed, mature and wired.”
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- CEO Pay System at Top U.S. Energy Firms Rewards Execs for Deepening Climate Crisis
- Global Tree Loss Surges—45 Million Acres Gone from the Planet in 2014
- Top Bank Executive Sentenced to 8 Years in Prison for Fraud in TARP Bank Failure Case
- High Levels of Radioactivity Found in Coal Ash at Major U.S. Coal Basins
- Underrepresentation of Minorities in Police Departments is Widespread across U.S.