Lower the Voting Age to 17: Nancy Lublin
Whereas many see 17-year-olds as lazy, apathetic or disengaged, Nancy Lublin sees them as individuals who deserve the right to vote. The CEO of the youth-oriented non-profit DoSomething.org argues the negative labels placed on this age group are unfair, and do not “represent this generation at large,” which she finds to be “outspoken, informed, mature and wired.”
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. Ambassador to the Philippines: Who Is Sung Y. Kim?
- U.S. Maternal Mortality Rate Rises, Bucks Trend of Fewer Such Deaths Worldwide
- Singer Cancels University of Texas Show Because of Concealed Gun Policy
- Government Urges That Bumble Bee Be Placed on Endangered Species List
- Defense Attorney Backs Down, Removes “Black Lives Matter” Button in Courtroom