Lower the Voting Age to 17: Nancy Lublin
Whereas many see 17-year-olds as lazy, apathetic or disengaged, Nancy Lublin sees them as individuals who deserve the right to vote. The CEO of the youth-oriented non-profit DoSomething.org argues the negative labels placed on this age group are unfair, and do not “represent this generation at large,” which she finds to be “outspoken, informed, mature and wired.”
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Here’s Why Indiana’s Anti-Gay Law is Different from other States’ Religious Freedom Laws
- Obama-Appointed Judge Supports Obama Administration’s Blocking of Defamation Lawsuit against Anti-Iran Group
- Is Chinese Theft of U.S. Corn Seeds a National Security Issue or just another Example of Sleazy Business?
- Federal Hiring of Veterans Keeps Growing and Vet Unemployment Hits 7-Year Low
- Iowa House Set for First Wiccan Invocation in a State Legislature