Lower the Voting Age to 17: Nancy Lublin
Whereas many see 17-year-olds as lazy, apathetic or disengaged, Nancy Lublin sees them as individuals who deserve the right to vote. The CEO of the youth-oriented non-profit DoSomething.org argues the negative labels placed on this age group are unfair, and do not “represent this generation at large,” which she finds to be “outspoken, informed, mature and wired.”
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Texas Federal Judge Blocks Protections for Transgender Students
- Virginia Governor Again Restores Voting Rights to Felons
- Republican Senator Says College Professors Could Be Replaced by Videos
- Climate Change Will Exacerbate Smog Problem in Southeastern U.S.
- Native American Tribes Protest Pipeline Construction