Lower the Voting Age to 17: Nancy Lublin
Whereas many see 17-year-olds as lazy, apathetic or disengaged, Nancy Lublin sees them as individuals who deserve the right to vote. The CEO of the youth-oriented non-profit DoSomething.org argues the negative labels placed on this age group are unfair, and do not “represent this generation at large,” which she finds to be “outspoken, informed, mature and wired.”
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Republican State Governments Increasingly Overruling Laws Passed by City and County Governments
- Senate Takes First Step to Allow Vets to Use Medical Marijuana
- Woman Sues Employer after Being Fired for Turning off Tracking App
- Backed by Big Oil, House Republicans Use Military Bill in Campaign to Keep Sage Grouse off Endangered List
- Thailand’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Pisan Manawapat?