Lower the Voting Age to 17: Nancy Lublin
Whereas many see 17-year-olds as lazy, apathetic or disengaged, Nancy Lublin sees them as individuals who deserve the right to vote. The CEO of the youth-oriented non-profit DoSomething.org argues the negative labels placed on this age group are unfair, and do not “represent this generation at large,” which she finds to be “outspoken, informed, mature and wired.”
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- It Looks like Obama is Still Using “Signature Strikes” Aimed at Unnamed People After All
- Chinese Scientists Cause Alarm after Announcing Editing of Human Genes
- Native American Actors Walk off Set of Adam Sandler/Netflix Movie in Protest of Insulting Script
- Switzerland Wins Happiest Country Ranking; U.S. 15th of 158
- U.S. Ambassador to Yemen: Who Is Matthew Tueller?