Judges in Drilling Moratorium Case Tied to Oil Industry
After a federal judge nullified the Obama administration’s moratorium on offshore oil drilling, federal lawyers have turned to a three-judge panel on the Fifth Circuit appellate court to get the ban reinstated. But two of the three judges set to hear the federal government’s appeal have owned stock in the oil and gas industry, raising questions about their impartiality.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- This Year’s Biggest Dark Money Candidate: Marco Rubio
- Resisting FOIA Request, IRS Ordered to Pay Attorney’s Fees in Case Impacting Release of Federal Records
- Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration: Who Is Robert Califf?
- Cambodia’s Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Chum Bun Rong?
- Laos’ Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Mai Sayavongs?