Judges in Drilling Moratorium Case Tied to Oil Industry
After a federal judge nullified the Obama administration’s moratorium on offshore oil drilling, federal lawyers have turned to a three-judge panel on the Fifth Circuit appellate court to get the ban reinstated. But two of the three judges set to hear the federal government’s appeal have owned stock in the oil and gas industry, raising questions about their impartiality.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Acting Solicitor General: Who Is Noel Francisco?
- Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legal Counsel: Who Is Steven A. Engel?
- Secretary of the Navy: Who Is Philip Bilden?
- Director of the United States Attorneys: Who is Monty Wilkinson?
- Chief of U.S. Border Patrol: Who Is Ron Vitiello?