Judges in Drilling Moratorium Case Tied to Oil Industry
After a federal judge nullified the Obama administration’s moratorium on offshore oil drilling, federal lawyers have turned to a three-judge panel on the Fifth Circuit appellate court to get the ban reinstated. But two of the three judges set to hear the federal government’s appeal have owned stock in the oil and gas industry, raising questions about their impartiality.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Drug Enforcement Administration Misused Money for Informants
- More Measures Needed to Slow Global Warming
- Study Finds Police Use of Body Cameras Dramatically Cuts Complaints
- Federal Government Prohibits Mandatory Arbitration in Nursing Home Contracts
- Supreme Court Takes Case That Could Affect Trademark Protection for Football Team’s Offensive Name