Judges in Drilling Moratorium Case Tied to Oil Industry
After a federal judge nullified the Obama administration’s moratorium on offshore oil drilling, federal lawyers have turned to a three-judge panel on the Fifth Circuit appellate court to get the ban reinstated. But two of the three judges set to hear the federal government’s appeal have owned stock in the oil and gas industry, raising questions about their impartiality.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Trump Choice for Labor Chief is Outspoken Critic of Worker Protections, Minimum Wage Increases
- Mass Deportations Damage U.S. Housing Market by Exacerbating Foreclosures
- Trump’s Cyberbullying of Union Boss Called “Dark and Disturbing” Assault on Right to Dissent
- Direct Link Seen Between Crime Rate and Interest Rates in U.S.
- Many Smartphone Health Apps Fail to Warn Users of Danger