Judges in Drilling Moratorium Case Tied to Oil Industry
After a federal judge nullified the Obama administration’s moratorium on offshore oil drilling, federal lawyers have turned to a three-judge panel on the Fifth Circuit appellate court to get the ban reinstated. But two of the three judges set to hear the federal government’s appeal have owned stock in the oil and gas industry, raising questions about their impartiality.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Ex-Nazis Still Receiving Social Security Benefits
- If the Draft Ended 41 Years Ago, Why are Young Men Still Punished for not Registering?
- Interior Dept. Inspector General Closed 457 Investigations Last Year, but Released only 3 to the Public
- California County Tried to Seize Marijuana Plants without Warrant because Growing them Wasted Water
- Hottest September Since Recordkeeping began in 1880