Judges in Drilling Moratorium Case Tied to Oil Industry
After a federal judge nullified the Obama administration’s moratorium on offshore oil drilling, federal lawyers have turned to a three-judge panel on the Fifth Circuit appellate court to get the ban reinstated. But two of the three judges set to hear the federal government’s appeal have owned stock in the oil and gas industry, raising questions about their impartiality.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- When Parents Die, Private Student Loans can Come Due
- Military Judge Orders Release of Information about CIA Torture at Secret Prison
- IRS Paid Bonuses to 1,100 Employees who Underpaid or Didn’t Pay Their Own Taxes
- Two-Thirds of Criminals Released from Prison are Rearrested within 3 Years
- Chinese Government Accused of Sending Spies to Universities in U.S. and Australia