Judges in Drilling Moratorium Case Tied to Oil Industry
After a federal judge nullified the Obama administration’s moratorium on offshore oil drilling, federal lawyers have turned to a three-judge panel on the Fifth Circuit appellate court to get the ban reinstated. But two of the three judges set to hear the federal government’s appeal have owned stock in the oil and gas industry, raising questions about their impartiality.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Obama May Have Vetoed Keystone Pipeline, but Part of it is Already Built
- Who’s Profiting from Police Body Cameras? The Company that Makes Taser Guns
- ATF Proposes Ban on Previously Exempted Armor-Piercing Bullets
- Federal Agents Crack Down on Chinese Birth Tourism
- And the Average Penis Size Is…