Judges in Drilling Moratorium Case Tied to Oil Industry
After a federal judge nullified the Obama administration’s moratorium on offshore oil drilling, federal lawyers have turned to a three-judge panel on the Fifth Circuit appellate court to get the ban reinstated. But two of the three judges set to hear the federal government’s appeal have owned stock in the oil and gas industry, raising questions about their impartiality.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Health Insurers Do End Run around Requirement to Cover Pre-Existing Conditions
- Jewish Groups Pay to Send U.S. Police to Train in Israel
- House Votes to Block Easy Disclosure of Corporate Financial Statements
- Increased Purchases of Guns Ends up Funding Wildlife Research…and Shooting Ranges
- Nation’s Worst Cancer Doctor Pleads Guilty to Medicare Fraud