Judges in Drilling Moratorium Case Tied to Oil Industry
After a federal judge nullified the Obama administration’s moratorium on offshore oil drilling, federal lawyers have turned to a three-judge panel on the Fifth Circuit appellate court to get the ban reinstated. But two of the three judges set to hear the federal government’s appeal have owned stock in the oil and gas industry, raising questions about their impartiality.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Justice Dept. Investigates Airline Price Fixing
- Defense Dept. Refuses to Release Report about Massacre of Civilians in Afghanistan
- Gun Ownership most Common in Alaska and Arkansas; Least Common in Delaware and Rhode Island; 29% Nationwide
- Federal Hate Crime Conviction Rate: 11%
- Federal Judge Overrules Hawaiian Vote against Monsanto GMO Crops