Judges in Drilling Moratorium Case Tied to Oil Industry
After a federal judge nullified the Obama administration’s moratorium on offshore oil drilling, federal lawyers have turned to a three-judge panel on the Fifth Circuit appellate court to get the ban reinstated. But two of the three judges set to hear the federal government’s appeal have owned stock in the oil and gas industry, raising questions about their impartiality.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Whistleblower Jeffrey Sterling Convicted
- Pennsylvania Fracking Companies Flaunt Environmental Rules and Regulations…Every Day
- HUD Official Worked for Government and Housing Industry at the Same Time…Beyond the Revolving Door
- Half of Prisoners Cleared after being Wrongly Convicted are African-American
- Army Major who Oversaw Sexual Assault Cases Sentenced to 20 Years in Prison for Rape