Judges in Drilling Moratorium Case Tied to Oil Industry
After a federal judge nullified the Obama administration’s moratorium on offshore oil drilling, federal lawyers have turned to a three-judge panel on the Fifth Circuit appellate court to get the ban reinstated. But two of the three judges set to hear the federal government’s appeal have owned stock in the oil and gas industry, raising questions about their impartiality.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Koch Brothers Spent more on 2012 Election than Top 10 Unions Combined
- Store Selling “Smart Gun” Surrenders to Attacks on Online Forums
- 29 States Roll Back Mandatory Sentencing
- After Refusing a Purple Heart, World War II Vet Accepts it…70 Years Later
- How Many Times can Mexico Kill Nazario Moreno?