Judges in Drilling Moratorium Case Tied to Oil Industry
After a federal judge nullified the Obama administration’s moratorium on offshore oil drilling, federal lawyers have turned to a three-judge panel on the Fifth Circuit appellate court to get the ban reinstated. But two of the three judges set to hear the federal government’s appeal have owned stock in the oil and gas industry, raising questions about their impartiality.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Obama Justice Dept. Says Yemeni Whose Relatives were Killed by Americans by Mistake can’t Sue and It Won’t Apologize
- VW Cheating Scandal Repercussions Spread to Tennessee
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Lowballs Number of Police Car Chase Deaths
- Poor White School Districts Receive Better Funding than Poor Minority Districts
- Millions Wasted Building Oversized Prisons in Navajo Nation