Judge Orders Lesbian Couple to Stop Living Together
A local judge in Dallas has ordered a lesbian couple to stop living together, citing a “morality clause” from one of the women’s divorce papers.
Carolyn Compton divorced her husband, Joshua Compton, several years ago, and subsequently became involved with Page Price. The two women have lived together for nearly three years, along with the children from Compton’s former marriage.
Joshua Compton, who was charged with stalking his ex-wife, recently went to court, where Judge John Roach Jr., a Republican, enforced the “morality clause” in Compton’s divorce papers.
The clause states that someone who has a “dating or intimate relationship” with the person or is not related “by blood or marriage” is not allowed in the home after 9 p.m. when the children are present.
Roach gave Price 30 days to move out of the home.
“Our children are all happy and well adjusted. By his enforcement, being that we cannot marry in this state, I have been ordered to move out of my home,” Price wroteon her Facebook page.
To Learn More:
Judge Says Lesbian Mom’s Partner Must Go (by Anna Waugh, Dallas Voice)
Lesbian Couple in Allen Says Morality Clause in Divorce Equals Discrimination (by Valerie Wigglesworth, Dallas Morning News)
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Becoming World’s Biggest Tobacco Company is Goal of British Firm’s $47-Billion Plan to Enter U.S. E-Cigarette Market
- Protests Erupt Over Naming of Sexy U.S. Comic Book Character as U.N. Ambassador for Female Empowerment
- Terrorism Threat Outweighs Privacy, Argue Foreign Prosecutors in Plea for Global Tech Access
- U.S. Ambassador to Cuba: Who Is Jeffrey DeLaurentis?