Interior Department Gave Deepwater Horizon Operators Safety Award in 2009
It’s probably safe to assume that the Department of the Interior won’t be giving out any more awards soon to Transocean Ltd., owner of the offshore oil platform that blew up and sank in the Gulf of Mexico. Up until last summer at least, the Minerals Management Service (MMS) thought Transocean was doing a bang-up job, presenting the company with a regional Safety Award for Excellence (SAFE) for “outstanding drilling operations” and a “perfect performance period.”
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- When F-35 Joint Strike Fighter Goes Operational this Summer, it won’t Work any better than 40-Year-Old Thunderbolts
- Interior Secretary Jewell Defends Fracking on Public Lands; Says Industry is Responsible for Reassuring Public
- Is U.S. Ignoring Obama’s Promise to Avoid Civilians Killings by Drones?
- Inspector General Report Details Dysfunction in Patent and Trademark Office
- Lawsuit against Police-Private Probation Revenue Enhancer Highlights Exploitation of Poor