Interior Department Gave Deepwater Horizon Operators Safety Award in 2009
It’s probably safe to assume that the Department of the Interior won’t be giving out any more awards soon to Transocean Ltd., owner of the offshore oil platform that blew up and sank in the Gulf of Mexico. Up until last summer at least, the Minerals Management Service (MMS) thought Transocean was doing a bang-up job, presenting the company with a regional Safety Award for Excellence (SAFE) for “outstanding drilling operations” and a “perfect performance period.”
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Drop in CO2 Emissions Anticipated from Global 80-City Assault on Climate Change
- Feds Sued for Alleged Loss of Second 8mm JFK Assassination Film
- World Trade Organization Rules U.S. Cannot Use “Dolphin Safe” Labels for Tuna
- U.S. Ambassador to Ecuador: Who Is Todd Chapman?
- Acting Administrator for Children and Families: Who Is Mark Greenberg?