Interior Department Gave Deepwater Horizon Operators Safety Award in 2009
It’s probably safe to assume that the Department of the Interior won’t be giving out any more awards soon to Transocean Ltd., owner of the offshore oil platform that blew up and sank in the Gulf of Mexico. Up until last summer at least, the Minerals Management Service (MMS) thought Transocean was doing a bang-up job, presenting the company with a regional Safety Award for Excellence (SAFE) for “outstanding drilling operations” and a “perfect performance period.”
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Acting Solicitor General: Who Is Noel Francisco?
- Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legal Counsel: Who Is Steven A. Engel?
- Secretary of the Navy: Who Is Philip Bilden?
- Director of the United States Attorneys: Who is Monty Wilkinson?
- Chief of U.S. Border Patrol: Who Is Ron Vitiello?