Interior Department Gave Deepwater Horizon Operators Safety Award in 2009
It’s probably safe to assume that the Department of the Interior won’t be giving out any more awards soon to Transocean Ltd., owner of the offshore oil platform that blew up and sank in the Gulf of Mexico. Up until last summer at least, the Minerals Management Service (MMS) thought Transocean was doing a bang-up job, presenting the company with a regional Safety Award for Excellence (SAFE) for “outstanding drilling operations” and a “perfect performance period.”
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Obama Fourth President in a Row to Go on Prime-Time TV to Announce Bombing of Iraq
- Why Did Obama Refer to Anti-Terror Campaigns in Somalia and Yemen as Successes?
- Saving and Loan Scandal of ’80s and ’90s: 102 High-Level Executives Convicted; 2008 Financial Crisis Scandal: 1
- Minnesota Vikings Lead NFL in Player Arrests
- Acting Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency: Who Is David Shedd?