Interior Department Gave Deepwater Horizon Operators Safety Award in 2009
It’s probably safe to assume that the Department of the Interior won’t be giving out any more awards soon to Transocean Ltd., owner of the offshore oil platform that blew up and sank in the Gulf of Mexico. Up until last summer at least, the Minerals Management Service (MMS) thought Transocean was doing a bang-up job, presenting the company with a regional Safety Award for Excellence (SAFE) for “outstanding drilling operations” and a “perfect performance period.”
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- With 400,000 Items in Storage, Overwhelmed Park Service Seeks to Limit Mementos Left at Vietnam Memorial Wall
- Registered Drone Operators Outnumber Registered Planes in U.S.
- It’s Not Just Flint: Water Supplies in many U.S. Cities are Contaminated by Lead
- NSA to Merge Offensive and Defensive Hacking Operations, Counter to Advice of Presidential Panel
- Republican Lawmakers Take Heat for Rejecting Obama’s Final Budget Sight Unseen