Illegal Immigrants: 4% of U.S. Population, 8% of Births
Advocates for changing American immigration law received new information to fuel their argument that children born to illegal immigrants in the U.S. should not receive automatic citizenship. A study released by the Pew Hispanic Center showed that 8% of the 4.3 million babies born in 2008 (or 340,000) had at least one parent who was an illegal immigrant. Overall, illegal immigrants make up slightly more than 4% of all U.S. adults.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Koch Brothers Spent more on 2012 Election than Top 10 Unions Combined
- Store Selling “Smart Gun” Surrenders to Attacks on Online Forums
- 29 States Roll Back Mandatory Sentencing
- After Refusing a Purple Heart, World War II Vet Accepts it…70 Years Later
- How Many Times can Mexico Kill Nazario Moreno?