Illegal Immigrants: 4% of U.S. Population, 8% of Births
Advocates for changing American immigration law received new information to fuel their argument that children born to illegal immigrants in the U.S. should not receive automatic citizenship. A study released by the Pew Hispanic Center showed that 8% of the 4.3 million babies born in 2008 (or 340,000) had at least one parent who was an illegal immigrant. Overall, illegal immigrants make up slightly more than 4% of all U.S. adults.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Pentagon Blocks Release of 1,800 Detainee Abuse Photos, Lets Out 198
- Legal U.S. Marijuana Sales Hit $5.4 Billion in 2015
- U.S. and UK Spy Agencies May be Allowed to Request Online Chat Data and Emails from Media Companies
- Displaying Christian Crosses on Police Cars Supported by Texas Governor
- 880,000 Pounds of Metals Landed in Animas River from EPA-Triggered Colorado Mine Spill