Illegal Immigrants: 4% of U.S. Population, 8% of Births
Advocates for changing American immigration law received new information to fuel their argument that children born to illegal immigrants in the U.S. should not receive automatic citizenship. A study released by the Pew Hispanic Center showed that 8% of the 4.3 million babies born in 2008 (or 340,000) had at least one parent who was an illegal immigrant. Overall, illegal immigrants make up slightly more than 4% of all U.S. adults.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Labor Board Rules McDonald’s May Be Joint Employer of Its Franchise Operations and Liable for Labor Violations
- New Recourse for Those Retaliating Against Whistleblowers: Criminal Investigations
- Battle Rages Over $100 Million Worth of Middle East Oil Sitting Off Coast of Texas
- FBI Ordered to Resume Review of Cases that May be Tainted by Two Decades of Flawed Forensics
- U.S. State Dept. Approves Largest Sale Ever of Hellfire Missiles to Iraq