Illegal Immigrants: 4% of U.S. Population, 8% of Births
Advocates for changing American immigration law received new information to fuel their argument that children born to illegal immigrants in the U.S. should not receive automatic citizenship. A study released by the Pew Hispanic Center showed that 8% of the 4.3 million babies born in 2008 (or 340,000) had at least one parent who was an illegal immigrant. Overall, illegal immigrants make up slightly more than 4% of all U.S. adults.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- 17 Million-Dollar Donors to Clinton Foundation while Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State
- Outside Agitators and Violence in Baltimore: 70% of Baltimore Police Don’t Live in Baltimore
- Saudi Military Kills Civilians Using Widely Banned U.S.-Supplied Cluster Bombs
- What Do We Know about the Torture Photos Obama Refuses to Release?
- House of Representatives Votes to Overrule a D.C. Law for First Time in 24 Years (Hint: It’s about Contraception and Abortion)