Illegal Immigrants: 4% of U.S. Population, 8% of Births
Advocates for changing American immigration law received new information to fuel their argument that children born to illegal immigrants in the U.S. should not receive automatic citizenship. A study released by the Pew Hispanic Center showed that 8% of the 4.3 million babies born in 2008 (or 340,000) had at least one parent who was an illegal immigrant. Overall, illegal immigrants make up slightly more than 4% of all U.S. adults.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- 39% of New York Bank Tellers Need Public Assistance
- IRS Loses $2 Billion a Year to Employer Identification Number Fraud
- Bristol-Myers Accused of Taking Out Life Insurance on Employees without their Consent
- U.S. Drug Defendants Often Coerced into Pleading Guilty
- 18 Unregulated Chemicals Found in a Third of U.S. Water Utilities Tested