Illegal Immigrants: 4% of U.S. Population, 8% of Births
Advocates for changing American immigration law received new information to fuel their argument that children born to illegal immigrants in the U.S. should not receive automatic citizenship. A study released by the Pew Hispanic Center showed that 8% of the 4.3 million babies born in 2008 (or 340,000) had at least one parent who was an illegal immigrant. Overall, illegal immigrants make up slightly more than 4% of all U.S. adults.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Why do Unaccompanied Minors Try to Come to the U.S.? They’re Fleeing Violence, Gangs and Poverty…and Looking for Family Members
- Hedge Funds Accused of Screwing Americans out of Billions of Dollars in Taxes
- Missouri the only State to Refuse to Maintain a Prescription Drug Database
- Beef Production Far Worse for the Environment than other Animal Products
- FBI Accused of Entrapping Muslims; ATF Accused of Entrapping Minorities