Illegal Immigrants: 4% of U.S. Population, 8% of Births
Advocates for changing American immigration law received new information to fuel their argument that children born to illegal immigrants in the U.S. should not receive automatic citizenship. A study released by the Pew Hispanic Center showed that 8% of the 4.3 million babies born in 2008 (or 340,000) had at least one parent who was an illegal immigrant. Overall, illegal immigrants make up slightly more than 4% of all U.S. adults.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Justice Department to Ban Religious, Ethnic and Sexual Profiling by Federal Law Enforcement
- Big Tobacco’s Dire Health Warnings on E-Cigarette Packs Seen as Cynical Marketing Strategy
- Will Billing Rape Victims Thousands of Dollars for Medical Exams in Louisiana Finally Come to an End?
- Judicial Appointees of Obama and Clinton to Weigh in on Restrictive North Carolina Voting Law
- Amazon under Increasing Fire from Authors over Alleged Monopolistic E-Book Tactics