Illegal Immigrants: 4% of U.S. Population, 8% of Births
Advocates for changing American immigration law received new information to fuel their argument that children born to illegal immigrants in the U.S. should not receive automatic citizenship. A study released by the Pew Hispanic Center showed that 8% of the 4.3 million babies born in 2008 (or 340,000) had at least one parent who was an illegal immigrant. Overall, illegal immigrants make up slightly more than 4% of all U.S. adults.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Serves as International Bulldog for Tobacco Industry
- Could Puerto Rico Go the Way of Greece?
- Obama Pushes to Extend Overtime Pay to 5 Million more Workers
- Oregonians Can Now Legally Smoke Marijuana…but they can’t Buy it or Sell it
- Police Can Arrest You for Calling them Names, but They’ll Lose in Court