Dow Chemical Uses PBS to Push Corporate Agenda
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
A new multi-part series on PBS discusses four major economic issues affecting the United States and, it just so happens, the interests of the program’s corporate sponsor.
Dow Chemical underwrote the series “America Revealed,” whose four installments cover the topics food and agriculture, transportation, electricity and manufacturing.
A review of Dow’s corporate website reveals the corporation’s four major interests are agriculture, infrastructure & transportation, energy and consumer & lifestyle.
In the first episode, the series discussed the rise of genetically modified (GM) foods as a solution to the pest problem in the corn industry. Perhaps not coincidentally, Dow is a major producer a GM seeds.
Episode 3, which airs tonight, concentrates on power. Dow produces components for nuclear power plants, coal-powered plants and solar panels,
To Learn More:
Is 'America Revealed'--or PBS? (Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting)
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- President-CEO of the Inter-American Foundation: Who Is Robert Kaplan?
- Executive Director of the U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness: Who Is Matthew Doherty?
- Co-Chair of the President's Intelligence Advisory Board: Who is Shirley Ann Jackson?
- Managing Director of the Council on Environmental Quality: Who Is Christy Goldfuss?
- Executive Director of the Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships: Who Is Melissa Rogers?