Chicago Teachers File Racial Discrimination Lawsuit Relating to Obama “Turnaround” Plan
The Obama administration, led by Education Secretary Arne Duncan, wants to turn around thousands of low-performing schools across the United States using a plan utilized in Chicago when Duncan was the head of that city’s public schools. The Chicago plan, however, has produced an angry backlash among thousands of African-American teachers who lost their jobs as part of Duncan’s program. The Duncan Chicago plan, known as Renaissance 2010, forced out many veteran teachers and replaced them with younger, cheaper and predominantly Caucasian instructors, according to critics.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Because Obama Administration Demanded Google Cooperate in Surveillance, Chinese Gained Access to Targets
- 85,000 Vets Treated for Sexual Abuse Injuries and Trauma in 2012
- U.S. Counter-Terrorism Apparatus is used to Quell Dissent among Americans
- Global Increase in Bigotry against Jews and Muslims
- Robots Seen as Filling Caregiver Vacuum for Aging Baby Boomers