Another Whistleblower Defeated by Bush Administration Holdover
Whistleblowers did not fare well during the Bush administration. Government employees disciplined or fired for calling attention to illegal or unethical practices can appeal to the Merit Systems Protection Board, but the board, led by Bush-appointee Neil McPhie, ruled against whistleblowers in 44 out of 45 cases, according to an analysis by the non-profit Government Accountability Project.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. Security Company Seeks Dismissal of Abu Ghraib Torture Charges because Victims were not Allowed to Leave Iraq
- 5 Biggest Banks Gain another Victory in Control of $700 Trillion Derivatives Market
- Is Living in the United States Bad for Your Health?
- Is FBI Running out of Time to Solve Civil Rights Era Cold Cases?
- Alabama City Told Traffic Camera Violators to Appeal to Non-Existent Court