Abortion Referral Prohibited for AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps became the center of media attention when the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act passed, tripling AmeriCorps’ size and allotting $5.7 billion in federal funding for the community service programs it provides. Few news sources noticed one controversial stipulation that was added to the bill: the prohibition of several activities, among them, abortion referral.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- When George W. Bush Gave a Primetime Immigration Speech, Networks Covered it Live; Obama…Forget It
- Another Fox Nominated to Guard Financial Chicken Coop
- Director of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office: Who Is Michelle K. Lee?
- Images from Thousands of Americans’ Webcams are Streaming on Website in Russia
- Director of the National Institute of Justice: Who Is Nancy Rodriguez?