Abortion Referral Prohibited for AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps became the center of media attention when the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act passed, tripling AmeriCorps’ size and allotting $5.7 billion in federal funding for the community service programs it provides. Few news sources noticed one controversial stipulation that was added to the bill: the prohibition of several activities, among them, abortion referral.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Obama Whistleblower Program Requires Whistleblowers to Register to be Protected
- IRS Gave Arizona Non-Profit Tax Exempt Status despite Record Campaign Money-Laundering Disclosure
- U.S. Lost 30% of its Paid Journalists in 6 Years
- Affordable Rent Slips out of Reach for Majority of Renters
- Supreme Court to Decide if Campaign Lies are Protected Free Speech