Abortion Referral Prohibited for AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps became the center of media attention when the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act passed, tripling AmeriCorps’ size and allotting $5.7 billion in federal funding for the community service programs it provides. Few news sources noticed one controversial stipulation that was added to the bill: the prohibition of several activities, among them, abortion referral.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- When Parents Die, Private Student Loans can Come Due
- Military Judge Orders Release of Information about CIA Torture at Secret Prison
- IRS Paid Bonuses to 1,100 Employees who Underpaid or Didn’t Pay Their Own Taxes
- Two-Thirds of Criminals Released from Prison are Rearrested within 3 Years
- Chinese Government Accused of Sending Spies to Universities in U.S. and Australia