Abortion Referral Prohibited for AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps became the center of media attention when the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act passed, tripling AmeriCorps’ size and allotting $5.7 billion in federal funding for the community service programs it provides. Few news sources noticed one controversial stipulation that was added to the bill: the prohibition of several activities, among them, abortion referral.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- FBI’s Secret Recording of Conversations on Courthouse Steps Not Illegal, Rules Federal Judge
- DNC Tried to Leverage White House Ties to Reward Donors with Federal Board Appointments
- Support Grows Among Americans for Tougher Gun Laws
- U.S. Says It Plans to Expand Central American Refugee Admission Program
- Longtime Vietnam War Protesters Exhort Pentagon to Detail War’s Hard Truths on Website