Abortion Referral Prohibited for AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps became the center of media attention when the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act passed, tripling AmeriCorps’ size and allotting $5.7 billion in federal funding for the community service programs it provides. Few news sources noticed one controversial stipulation that was added to the bill: the prohibition of several activities, among them, abortion referral.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- It Looks like Obama is Still Using “Signature Strikes” Aimed at Unnamed People After All
- Chinese Scientists Cause Alarm after Announcing Editing of Human Genes
- Native American Actors Walk off Set of Adam Sandler/Netflix Movie in Protest of Insulting Script
- Switzerland Wins Happiest Country Ranking; U.S. 15th of 158
- U.S. Ambassador to Yemen: Who Is Matthew Tueller?