Abortion Referral Prohibited for AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps became the center of media attention when the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act passed, tripling AmeriCorps’ size and allotting $5.7 billion in federal funding for the community service programs it provides. Few news sources noticed one controversial stipulation that was added to the bill: the prohibition of several activities, among them, abortion referral.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Was Hillary Clinton, While Secretary of State, Running a Secret Spy Network?
- FBI Begins Tracking Hate Crimes against Arabs, Hindus, Sikhs and Muslims
- TSA’s Guide to Spotting Potential Terrorists at Airports
- Photo ID Cards are not an Effective way to Stop Food Stamp Fraud
- Undersecretary for Health, Department of Veterans Affairs: Who Is David Shulkin?