Abortion Referral Prohibited for AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps became the center of media attention when the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act passed, tripling AmeriCorps’ size and allotting $5.7 billion in federal funding for the community service programs it provides. Few news sources noticed one controversial stipulation that was added to the bill: the prohibition of several activities, among them, abortion referral.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Trump Choice for Labor Chief is Outspoken Critic of Worker Protections, Minimum Wage Increases
- Mass Deportations Damage U.S. Housing Market by Exacerbating Foreclosures
- Trump’s Cyberbullying of Union Boss Called “Dark and Disturbing” Assault on Right to Dissent
- Direct Link Seen Between Crime Rate and Interest Rates in U.S.
- Many Smartphone Health Apps Fail to Warn Users of Danger