Abortion Referral Prohibited for AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps became the center of media attention when the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act passed, tripling AmeriCorps’ size and allotting $5.7 billion in federal funding for the community service programs it provides. Few news sources noticed one controversial stipulation that was added to the bill: the prohibition of several activities, among them, abortion referral.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Blackwater Employees Convicted of Murder of 14 Iraqis
- 50% Increase in U.S. Cities Advancing Laws to Restrict the Sharing of Food with Homeless People
- Judge Gives Obama Administration until December to Justify Withholding 2,100 Photos of U.S. Use of Torture in Iraq and Afghanistan
- More Evidence that TV Ads in Judicial Elections Lead to Less Sympathy for Defendants back in the Courtroom
- Police Beating Victim Wins $1,000 Settlement…His Lawyers Get $459,000