Abortion Referral Prohibited for AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps became the center of media attention when the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act passed, tripling AmeriCorps’ size and allotting $5.7 billion in federal funding for the community service programs it provides. Few news sources noticed one controversial stipulation that was added to the bill: the prohibition of several activities, among them, abortion referral.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Victories against Voter ID Laws in the Courts Don’t Always Erase Voting Restrictions at the Polls
- Whistleblower Alleges Culture of Intimidation at Pentagon’s Contract Auditing Agency
- Pentagon’s Focus on Artificial Intelligence in Weaponry Portends Robot Arms Race
- Judge Orders ExxonMobil to Release Financial Records in Climate-Change Fraud Investigation
- Utah School System Sued for Abusive Policies toward Gay Students