Abortion Referral Prohibited for AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps became the center of media attention when the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act passed, tripling AmeriCorps’ size and allotting $5.7 billion in federal funding for the community service programs it provides. Few news sources noticed one controversial stipulation that was added to the bill: the prohibition of several activities, among them, abortion referral.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- $40 Billion Worth of Contracts for Guns and Ammunition Issued by Pentagon since 9/11
- N. Carolina Republicans Accused of Filing Election Rules that Suppress Black Vote as Overturned Election Law Did
- 23% of Plants Sold at U.S. Retail Outlets are treated with Pesticides that Kill Bees
- Heart Implant Devices Can Be Hacked to Steal Data or Harm Patients, Claims Lawsuit
- Arizona County’s Plan to Destroy Primary Electronic Voting Records Challenged in Court