Abortion Referral Prohibited for AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps became the center of media attention when the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act passed, tripling AmeriCorps’ size and allotting $5.7 billion in federal funding for the community service programs it provides. Few news sources noticed one controversial stipulation that was added to the bill: the prohibition of several activities, among them, abortion referral.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. and U.K. Accused of Impeding Progress on U.N. “Killer Robot” Ban
- Closing of Rural Hospitals across U.S. Upends Communities
- U.S. Needs to Learn from Europeans…About Hurricane Forecasting
- Democrats Beat Republicans in Landslide … When Rating Their Supporters’ Grammar Skills
- U.S. Ambassador to Serbia: Who Is Kyle Scott?