Abortion Referral Prohibited for AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps became the center of media attention when the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act passed, tripling AmeriCorps’ size and allotting $5.7 billion in federal funding for the community service programs it provides. Few news sources noticed one controversial stipulation that was added to the bill: the prohibition of several activities, among them, abortion referral.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Labor Board Rules McDonald’s May Be Joint Employer of Its Franchise Operations and Liable for Labor Violations
- New Recourse for Those Retaliating Against Whistleblowers: Criminal Investigations
- Battle Rages Over $100 Million Worth of Middle East Oil Sitting Off Coast of Texas
- FBI Ordered to Resume Review of Cases that May be Tainted by Two Decades of Flawed Forensics
- U.S. State Dept. Approves Largest Sale Ever of Hellfire Missiles to Iraq