Abortion Referral Prohibited for AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps became the center of media attention when the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act passed, tripling AmeriCorps’ size and allotting $5.7 billion in federal funding for the community service programs it provides. Few news sources noticed one controversial stipulation that was added to the bill: the prohibition of several activities, among them, abortion referral.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Bayer Rejects EPA Request to Pull Insecticide from U.S. Market
- U.S. Housing Agency Considers Booting Out Public Housing Residents with Improved Income
- License Plate Surveillance Swamps N.Y. Village Police with Thousands of Auto Infractions Instead of Hoped-for Leads on Big-Time Criminals
- New York Acts to Put an End to Gay Conversion Therapy
- Two Mormon Towns Accused of Ignoring Child Abuse Claims