Abortion Referral Prohibited for AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps became the center of media attention when the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act passed, tripling AmeriCorps’ size and allotting $5.7 billion in federal funding for the community service programs it provides. Few news sources noticed one controversial stipulation that was added to the bill: the prohibition of several activities, among them, abortion referral.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Hedge Funds do not Make Good Landlords
- Nuclear Waste Company Received $1.9 Million Performance Bonus…5 Days after Underground Fire Shut Facility
- Corporate Tax Evasion Strategy Debated in Senate
- U.S. Pork Producers Keep Using Drug Banned or Restricted in 160 Countries
- If You Ask for a Public Defender in One Texas County, You Get a Sheriff’s Detective Instead