Abortion Referral Prohibited for AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps became the center of media attention when the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act passed, tripling AmeriCorps’ size and allotting $5.7 billion in federal funding for the community service programs it provides. Few news sources noticed one controversial stipulation that was added to the bill: the prohibition of several activities, among them, abortion referral.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. Psychologists Group, Linked to Bush-Era Torture Program, May Prohibit Role in Future Interrogations
- More Millennials Living at Home with Parents, Even as Job Market Improves
- Chimps Don’t Have the Same Legal Rights as People, Judge Rules
- Environmentalists Sue to Block California’s Suspiciously Rosy Fracking Report
- Director of the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation: Who Is W. Thomas Reeder?