Abortion Referral Prohibited for AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps became the center of media attention when the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act passed, tripling AmeriCorps’ size and allotting $5.7 billion in federal funding for the community service programs it provides. Few news sources noticed one controversial stipulation that was added to the bill: the prohibition of several activities, among them, abortion referral.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- E-Cigarette Makers Lure Young People by Using other Names for their Products
- Vietnam Veterans Given Less than Honorable Discharges Sue to be Classified with PTSD
- As Legal Marijuana Spreads, Will Big Business Muscle Out Small Providers?
- Florida City Installs Red-Light Camera in Front of Hospital Emergency Room
- Two Americans Convicted of Economic Espionage for China