Abortion Referral Prohibited for AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps became the center of media attention when the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act passed, tripling AmeriCorps’ size and allotting $5.7 billion in federal funding for the community service programs it provides. Few news sources noticed one controversial stipulation that was added to the bill: the prohibition of several activities, among them, abortion referral.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Ex-Nazis Still Receiving Social Security Benefits
- If the Draft Ended 41 Years Ago, Why are Young Men Still Punished for not Registering?
- Interior Dept. Inspector General Closed 457 Investigations Last Year, but Released only 3 to the Public
- California County Tried to Seize Marijuana Plants without Warrant because Growing them Wasted Water
- Hottest September Since Recordkeeping began in 1880