Abortion Referral Prohibited for AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps became the center of media attention when the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act passed, tripling AmeriCorps’ size and allotting $5.7 billion in federal funding for the community service programs it provides. Few news sources noticed one controversial stipulation that was added to the bill: the prohibition of several activities, among them, abortion referral.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Most Police Shootings Don’t Lead to Prosecution of Police
- Texas Approves Controversial School Textbooks Still Laced with Ideologically-Driven Inaccuracies
- House Bill Would Permit VA Doctors to Use Medical Marijuana as Option for Patients
- Lawsuit Aims at Environmental Impact of U.S. Coal-Leasing Program
- 80 Million Bacteria Are Transferred in a 10-Second Kiss