Abortion Referral Prohibited for AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps became the center of media attention when the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act passed, tripling AmeriCorps’ size and allotting $5.7 billion in federal funding for the community service programs it provides. Few news sources noticed one controversial stipulation that was added to the bill: the prohibition of several activities, among them, abortion referral.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- CEO Pay System at Top U.S. Energy Firms Rewards Execs for Deepening Climate Crisis
- Global Tree Loss Surges—45 Million Acres Gone from the Planet in 2014
- Top Bank Executive Sentenced to 8 Years in Prison for Fraud in TARP Bank Failure Case
- High Levels of Radioactivity Found in Coal Ash at Major U.S. Coal Basins
- Underrepresentation of Minorities in Police Departments is Widespread across U.S.