940 Ex-Government Officials Now Lobby For Finance Industry
When banks, investment firms, insurance companies and real estate companies spend lavishly on lobbying the federal government, they make sure to hire not just any old lobbyists. Among the 940 ex-federal employees hired to promote the agendas of the financial industry are former lawmakers and congressional staff who used to serve on the two key committees that address legislation affecting this sector.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Arizona Voter ID Law Overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court
- Faces of 120 Million People in State Driver’s License Databases Accessed for Criminal Investigations
- FTC Allowed to Stop Brand Drug Firms from Paying Competitors to Keep Generics off Market
- Majority of Americans Disapprove of NSA Surveillance Operations
- U.S. and Britain Eavesdropped on World Leaders at 2009 Summits