St. Kitts and Nevis’ Ambassador to the United States: Who Is Thelma Phillip-Browne?
Thelma Phillip-Browne, who brings a background of a physician and pastor to her new job, was appointed in July 2015 to be St. Kitts and Nevis’ ambassador to the United States.
Phillip-Browne is a dermatologist who had a practice in St. Kitts, the larger of the two islands that comprise the country. She is also active in politics. In 2004, she ran for an assembly seat at the same time her husband, Henry, ran for a seat. Both ran as members of the United National Empowerment Party and both lost.
Phillip-Browne is now aligned with the ruling Team Unity Party and took criticism from the opposition Labour Party for being appointed as ambassador with no experience in foreign service. “I suspect when the Labour government got in, people got rewards,” Phillip-Browne said in response. “. . . Everywhere that happens, and that’s why you find quite often, people in senior positions...they usually change when the government changes.”
Phillip-Browne also earned a theology degree from Anderson University and is a pastor. She is a mother and a grandmother.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Coordinator of the Bureau of International Information Programs: Who is Macon Phillips?
- Acting Under Secretary of the Veterans Benefits Administration: Who Is Tom Murphy?
- Director of the American Institute in Taiwan: Who is Kin Moy?
- Acting Under Secretary of the National Cemetery Administration: Who Is Ronald Walters?
- Acting Assistant Secretary of the Research and Innovative Technology Administration: Who Is Sophie Shulman?