Selective Service System Director: Who is Lawrence Romo?
President Barack Obama’s choice to head the Selective Service System was Lawrence G. (Larry) Romo, a retired lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Air Force Reserves. He was confirmed by the Senate December 3, 2009, and sworn in December 12. Since there has been no military draft since 1973, the role of director is largely ceremonial.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Fracking Industry Wins Weak Ingredient Disclosure Rule
- Widely Used Polygraph Test Proves Faulty
- Study Demonstrates Election Official Bias against Latinos
- Since Killing 13, Fort Hood Shooter Has Earned $278,000 in Salary as Army Psychiatrist
- Tightened Arizona Border Security Pushes Migrants to Dangerous Routes, More Deaths