Director of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services: Who Is Marilyn Tavenner?
President Barack Obama has turned to a former health care executive to serve as the next Director of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) the federal body responsible for administering the Medicare and Medicaid programs, as well as the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP). The previous director, Donald Berwick, had to resign because of stiff opposition from Senate Republicans, who never allowed his nomination to come to a vote. The new Director, Marilyn Tavenner, is a nurse who worked her way through the health care ranks.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- The Lawsuit that could Eliminate Healthcare Subsidies for 13 Million Americans
- In a Classic Friday Afternoon News Release, Republican-Controlled House Intelligence Committee Admits No Wrongdoing by Pentagon and CIA in Benghazi
- President Ronald Reagan on Illegal Immigrants: Just the Facts
- Is Chinese Takeover of Waldorf Astoria Hotel a Threat to National Security?
- What Does Jeb Bush do for a Living?