Director of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services: Who Is Marilyn Tavenner?
President Barack Obama has turned to a former health care executive to serve as the next Director of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) the federal body responsible for administering the Medicare and Medicaid programs, as well as the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP). The previous director, Donald Berwick, had to resign because of stiff opposition from Senate Republicans, who never allowed his nomination to come to a vote. The new Director, Marilyn Tavenner, is a nurse who worked her way through the health care ranks.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. Psychologists Group, Linked to Bush-Era Torture Program, May Prohibit Role in Future Interrogations
- More Millennials Living at Home with Parents, Even as Job Market Improves
- Chimps Don’t Have the Same Legal Rights as People, Judge Rules
- Environmentalists Sue to Block California’s Suspiciously Rosy Fracking Report
- Director of the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation: Who Is W. Thomas Reeder?