Director of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services: Who Is Marilyn Tavenner?
President Barack Obama has turned to a former health care executive to serve as the next Director of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) the federal body responsible for administering the Medicare and Medicaid programs, as well as the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP). The previous director, Donald Berwick, had to resign because of stiff opposition from Senate Republicans, who never allowed his nomination to come to a vote. The new Director, Marilyn Tavenner, is a nurse who worked her way through the health care ranks.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Top Private Prison Firm Tries to Prevent Public Disclosure of Documents Exposing Prison Operations
- U.S. Justice Dept. Sues Georgia for Widespread Discrimination of Disabled Students
- At 8 Deaths a Day, Accidental Overdose Fatalities Hit Record High in Ohio
- Study Finds Most Teens Vape Non-Nicotine Fruit Flavors, But CDC Skeptical
- Court Rules against Michigan for Cutting Food Stamps for People it Misidentified as Fleeing Felons