Director of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services: Who Is Marilyn Tavenner?
President Barack Obama has turned to a former health care executive to serve as the next Director of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) the federal body responsible for administering the Medicare and Medicaid programs, as well as the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP). The previous director, Donald Berwick, had to resign because of stiff opposition from Senate Republicans, who never allowed his nomination to come to a vote. The new Director, Marilyn Tavenner, is a nurse who worked her way through the health care ranks.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- 4.6 Million American Children go to a School within a Mile of a Facility with Hazardous Chemicals
- Offshore Tax Havens Cost U.S. $184 Billion in Revenue Every Year
- Buy Cheerios, Wheaties or any other General Mills Product and You Give up the Right to Sue over False Advertising, Mislabeling…or Anything Else
- Karl Rove’s Crossroads Super PAC at the Heart of IRS Targeting and Election Commission Clashes
- Portland Dumps Millions of Gallons of Drinking Water after Young Man Urinates in Reservoir…Again