Director of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services: Who Is Marilyn Tavenner?
President Barack Obama has turned to a former health care executive to serve as the next Director of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) the federal body responsible for administering the Medicare and Medicaid programs, as well as the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP). The previous director, Donald Berwick, had to resign because of stiff opposition from Senate Republicans, who never allowed his nomination to come to a vote. The new Director, Marilyn Tavenner, is a nurse who worked her way through the health care ranks.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- As Homeowners become Renters, Poor Americans Spend more for Rentals
- Billions of Dollars in Federal Contracts Go to Violators of Labor Laws
- First Person Convicted by Trial of Racketeering for Crime on the Internet
- Swiss Underground Data Bunker May Be Antidote for NSA-Inspired Paranoia
- Top DEA Agent Lands Job as Legal Advisor to Marijuana Investment Firm