Director of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services: Who Is Marilyn Tavenner?
President Barack Obama has turned to a former health care executive to serve as the next Director of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) the federal body responsible for administering the Medicare and Medicaid programs, as well as the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP). The previous director, Donald Berwick, had to resign because of stiff opposition from Senate Republicans, who never allowed his nomination to come to a vote. The new Director, Marilyn Tavenner, is a nurse who worked her way through the health care ranks.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Like the Introduction of Cable TV, Social Media Cuts off People from Those with Opposing Ideas
- Shipping of North Dakota Oil Puts a Hold on Grain Distribution
- Troubles in the Blood Industry
- States with Medical Marijuana have Lower Rate of Drug Overdoses
- Latest in 3-D Printing: High-Quality Skeleton Keys