Director of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services: Who Is Marilyn Tavenner?
President Barack Obama has turned to a former health care executive to serve as the next Director of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) the federal body responsible for administering the Medicare and Medicaid programs, as well as the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP). The previous director, Donald Berwick, had to resign because of stiff opposition from Senate Republicans, who never allowed his nomination to come to a vote. The new Director, Marilyn Tavenner, is a nurse who worked her way through the health care ranks.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Obama Lets U.S. Companies Arm another Dictatorship
- National Intelligence Director Clapper Suspected of Creating New Obstacle to Release of Censored Pages from 9/11 Report
- Rate of Adult Smokers in U.S. Takes Biggest Plunge in 20 Years
- Chicago Police Use of Computer-Predictions of Shooters and Victims Prompts Civil Liberties Concerns
- Troubled TSA Seen as Making Superficial Fix in Replacement of Controversial Security Chief