Director of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services: Who Is Marilyn Tavenner?
President Barack Obama has turned to a former health care executive to serve as the next Director of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) the federal body responsible for administering the Medicare and Medicaid programs, as well as the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP). The previous director, Donald Berwick, had to resign because of stiff opposition from Senate Republicans, who never allowed his nomination to come to a vote. The new Director, Marilyn Tavenner, is a nurse who worked her way through the health care ranks.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Phone Routing Firm Recruits Ex-Homeland Chief to Sound Alarm on U.S. Security in Bid to Hold Onto Federal Contract
- Virginia Files Billion-Dollar Mortgage Fraud Lawsuit against Major Banks
- Secret Service, in 2011, Were Unaware of Shots Fired at White House until Housekeeper Found Clues 4 Days Later
- Navajos Gain Largest Native American Settlement with U.S. Government over Mismanagement of Natural Resources
- Looking for Revenue, Postal Service Proposes Delivering Groceries in the Early Morning