Director of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services: Who Is Marilyn Tavenner?
President Barack Obama has turned to a former health care executive to serve as the next Director of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) the federal body responsible for administering the Medicare and Medicaid programs, as well as the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP). The previous director, Donald Berwick, had to resign because of stiff opposition from Senate Republicans, who never allowed his nomination to come to a vote. The new Director, Marilyn Tavenner, is a nurse who worked her way through the health care ranks.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Secret Trade Pact would Allow Foreign Corporations to Sue U.S. for Damaging Investment “Expectations”
- Army Apologizes to Iraq Service Members and Promises to Screen more than 1,500 for Possible Chemical Weapons Exposure
- Bipartisan House Bill would Repeal Patriot Act and Ban Mass Surveillance of Americans
- Why is Time-Warner Allowed to Collect Royalties on “Happy Birthday to You”?
- Rare Caribou Win Reprieve against Snowmobilers