Director of the Bureau of Labor Statistics: Who Is Erica Groshen?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics, which is the research arm of the Department of Labor and the principal fact-finding organization for the Federal Government in the field of labor economics, has a new leader in the pipeline, an experienced labor economist who has spent most of her career working for the Federal Reserve. Dr. Erica L. Groshen, who was nominated for a four-year term by President Obama on February 16, is herself a former union member and official who describes herself as “nonpartisan.” She has not yet been scheduled for a Senate confirmation hearing.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Arizona Voter ID Law Overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court
- Faces of 120 Million People in State Driver’s License Databases Accessed for Criminal Investigations
- FTC Allowed to Stop Brand Drug Firms from Paying Competitors to Keep Generics off Market
- Majority of Americans Disapprove of NSA Surveillance Operations
- U.S. and Britain Eavesdropped on World Leaders at 2009 Summits