Director of the Bureau of Labor Statistics: Who Is Erica Groshen?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics, which is the research arm of the Department of Labor and the principal fact-finding organization for the Federal Government in the field of labor economics, has a new leader in the pipeline, an experienced labor economist who has spent most of her career working for the Federal Reserve. Dr. Erica L. Groshen, who was nominated for a four-year term by President Obama on February 16, is herself a former union member and official who describes herself as “nonpartisan.” She has not yet been scheduled for a Senate confirmation hearing.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Government Contractors Pay Rate Increased by $190,000 to $950,000 a Year; Federal Employees get 1% Raise
- Almost 1 in 3 Victims of Mass Killings are Younger than 18
- Utah Becomes the State of Choice for Gun Permits
- U.S. Law Enforcement Intercepted Cell Phone Tower Data 9,000 Times in One Year
- Japanese Government Shoves through U.S.-Friendly Secrecy Law