Director of the Bureau of Labor Statistics: Who Is Erica Groshen?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics, which is the research arm of the Department of Labor and the principal fact-finding organization for the Federal Government in the field of labor economics, has a new leader in the pipeline, an experienced labor economist who has spent most of her career working for the Federal Reserve. Dr. Erica L. Groshen, who was nominated for a four-year term by President Obama on February 16, is herself a former union member and official who describes herself as “nonpartisan.” She has not yet been scheduled for a Senate confirmation hearing.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Will John Legend Speak out against Bahrain’s Brutal Dictatorship when he Performs There?
- Study Links Unregulated, Ultrafine Pollution Particles to Heart Disease Deaths
- Average U.S. Payment for Killing an Innocent Person in Afghanistan: $3,426
- European Court Rules War Resister must Prove His Service Would Include War Crimes in Iraq to Qualify for Refugee Status
- Evicted to Make Way for a U.S. Military Base almost 50 Years Ago, Chagos Islanders May Finally Return Home