Director of the Bureau of Labor Statistics: Who Is Erica Groshen?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics, which is the research arm of the Department of Labor and the principal fact-finding organization for the Federal Government in the field of labor economics, has a new leader in the pipeline, an experienced labor economist who has spent most of her career working for the Federal Reserve. Dr. Erica L. Groshen, who was nominated for a four-year term by President Obama on February 16, is herself a former union member and official who describes herself as “nonpartisan.” She has not yet been scheduled for a Senate confirmation hearing.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Veterans Sue South Carolina over Segregated Memorials in Honor of Soldiers Killed in World Wars
- Three-Quarters of People with Hepatitis C were Born between 1945 and 1965
- Tens of Thousands of Federal Employees in 13 Cities to Receive Pay Raises Next Year
- Only 1 of 6 Americans Sentenced to Death are Actually Executed
- Pigeon Detained in India as Possible Spy