Director of the Bureau of Labor Statistics: Who Is Erica Groshen?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics, which is the research arm of the Department of Labor and the principal fact-finding organization for the Federal Government in the field of labor economics, has a new leader in the pipeline, an experienced labor economist who has spent most of her career working for the Federal Reserve. Dr. Erica L. Groshen, who was nominated for a four-year term by President Obama on February 16, is herself a former union member and official who describes herself as “nonpartisan.” She has not yet been scheduled for a Senate confirmation hearing.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Obama Lets U.S. Companies Arm another Dictatorship
- National Intelligence Director Clapper Suspected of Creating New Obstacle to Release of Censored Pages from 9/11 Report
- Rate of Adult Smokers in U.S. Takes Biggest Plunge in 20 Years
- Chicago Police Use of Computer-Predictions of Shooters and Victims Prompts Civil Liberties Concerns
- Troubled TSA Seen as Making Superficial Fix in Replacement of Controversial Security Chief