Director of the Bureau of Labor Statistics: Who Is Erica Groshen?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics, which is the research arm of the Department of Labor and the principal fact-finding organization for the Federal Government in the field of labor economics, has a new leader in the pipeline, an experienced labor economist who has spent most of her career working for the Federal Reserve. Dr. Erica L. Groshen, who was nominated for a four-year term by President Obama on February 16, is herself a former union member and official who describes herself as “nonpartisan.” She has not yet been scheduled for a Senate confirmation hearing.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Gov. Rick Snyder’s Top Officials Knew of Flint Water Link to Disease Surge 10 Months before Snyder Told Public
- Colorado VA Clinic Found to Engage in False Recording of Veteran Wait Times
- U.S. House Republicans Pass Legislation to Undercut Federal Anti-Fraud Banking Initiative
- U.S. Election Official under Fire for “Secretive” Action Imposing Voter Citizenship Requirement in Three States
- Most Top Officials in Texas Town Arrested by Feds for Corruption