Director of the Bureau of Labor Statistics: Who Is Erica Groshen?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics, which is the research arm of the Department of Labor and the principal fact-finding organization for the Federal Government in the field of labor economics, has a new leader in the pipeline, an experienced labor economist who has spent most of her career working for the Federal Reserve. Dr. Erica L. Groshen, who was nominated for a four-year term by President Obama on February 16, is herself a former union member and official who describes herself as “nonpartisan.” She has not yet been scheduled for a Senate confirmation hearing.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Pentagon Underreported Sexual Assaults by not Counting Attacks on Civilian Women and Non-Military Spouses
- Formaldehyde Industry Beats Back Serious Regulation
- Federal Election Commission Used to be Dysfunctional; Now it’s Gotten Worse
- 5 of 10 Supreme Court Justices in History who Used Least Friendly Language are on the Court Now
- Congress Increases Grants for Abstinence-Only Programs