Ambassador to Tunisia: Who Is Gordon Gray?
President Barack Obama nominated an experienced diplomat to be the US ambassador to Tunisia. Gordon Gray III, who was confirmed by the Senate on July 10, 2009, has almost 30 years experience in the Foreign Service, most of it in positions dealing with the Middle East. Gray succeeds career diplomat Robert F. Godec. Since the opening of the U.S. embassy in Tunis, only career diplomats have held this post.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- 39% of New York Bank Tellers Need Public Assistance
- IRS Loses $2 Billion a Year to Employer Identification Number Fraud
- Bristol-Myers Accused of Taking Out Life Insurance on Employees without their Consent
- U.S. Drug Defendants Often Coerced into Pleading Guilty
- 18 Unregulated Chemicals Found in a Third of U.S. Water Utilities Tested